OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
The past week or so had been rough. After what had happened at the lake with Sumner things had been weird-ish for he and Kat. To her it seemed like he was trying to be extra careful not to upset her which meant that he wasn't acting like his usual self and this had Kat a little worried. When potions was over and class had been dismissed she slid a note over in front of her boyfriend before grabbing her things and heading out of the classroom.

We need to talk.

Sumner tapped his quill against the desk, refusing to make eye contact with anyone. Suddenly Kat slipped a note to him. He glanced at her then back quickly unfolded the note and felt his heart drop into his stomach. Emotions roiled within him until his lips pressed together in a thin line. Angrily he slammed his things into his bag and followed the hell cat he was going steady with.

When they were both a little ways down the corridor Kat stopped dead in her tracks and turned to look at Sumner. She was trying to figure out how to explain why she reacted the way she had last week so that it would make any sense to him and not completely flip him out. "I really think we need to talk. After what happened last week when we were swimming...I just...think that..." she stammered, frustrated that talking about this particular memory still upset her as much as it did.

Sumner folded his arms across his chest, not meeting her eyes. He shrugged. "What's there to talk about?"

Kat couldn't figure out why he was being so cold towards her all of a sudden then it hit her. No one ever wanted to hear 'We need to talk' when they were in a relationship. Ugh, stupid...you could have chosen a better choice of words. He probably thinks you're gonna dump him she thought irritated with herself. Kat sighed heavily and said, "Sweet Merlin uncross your arms and get that stuffy look off your face. What I need you to understand is why I did what I did. There's just...there's a reason I hate that nickname." She swallowed back a lump forming in her throat now wondering if he perhaps wanted to break up with her after what had happened. Her eyes stung, threatening to tear up, but didn't. Kat didn't know what she'd do if he decided to end things...it would break what was left of her already fragile heart.

Sumner looked at her full on but didn't uncross his arms. If anything they tightened more about his body in defense. He felt bad for being this way around her but he just didn't get it. "Tell me why then." He wanted to understand, he really did. He just didn't know how much of a difference it would make on how he was feeling.

Kat had to take several deep breaths in and out to try and calm herself down. That's it...you've screwed it up and now he's going to dump you...way to go moron she thought, using the back of her hand to wipe away a few tears that managed to escape her eyes. Kat felt like she was going to be sick, or well sicker than she had been feeling lately, and she searched for the right words to explain the dreaded Durmstrang incident.

Breathing in deeply through her nose and out through her mouth Kat went into EVERYTHING that had happened during her third year. She didn't leave out a single detail, though after she'd finished explaining it all she wish she'd left out the kissing booth, but she wanted to be completely honest. "I don't know if any of it makes any sense to you, but that's everything," Kat said weakly, waiting on Sumner to process everything she'd just told him...and also awaiting him to say something along the lines of 'I think that we should probably take a break.'

The fifth year just stood there and tried to take in everything she'd told him. His arms finally came down and when he went to open his mouth he noticed a few stragglers eyeing them. His greyish blue eyes glared at them, daring them to stay longer. Once they scattered he took her hand in his but didn't pull her closer to him. He wanted to tell her that none of it mattered, that he still cared about her. He wanted to tell her that it didn't change her in his eyes and that he could forgive her for slapping him. He wanted to tell her that he still thought she was special and beautiful and glad she was his fiery girl.

Instead he opened his mouth and out came, "You really kissed Bruin?"

Kat felt Sumner take her hand and waited for the break up line to come next. Here it comes she thought, wincing slightly, but her face went expressionless at what he asked her. She just stood there looking at him for a minute, trying to gauge what his response would be, but she just couldn't get a read on him.

She snorted slightly before thinking up the best reply she could think of. "I wanted a free bunny!" Plus she would have done anything to wipe that smug look of that dumb ass Nic's face.

He nodded, playing with her fingers with both hands gently, head down. A perplexed look came over his features. "And did you get it?" His lips twitched.

"Named him Mr. Snuffles! That was a good day...I got my revenge and a bunny. Though I'm pretty sure Professor King is rather fond of that day too," Kat chuckled a bit, finally a faint trace of a smile spreading across her slightly gaunt looking features. She squeezed one of his hands tightly and looked up at him, her blue eyes meeting his and asked in a hushed tone, "You forgive me? Cause the last thing I ever want to do is to upset you...you make me the happiest I've been in a long time." It sounded corny, but they were the truest words she'd ever spoken

Sumner shuffled his feet a bit, coming closer to her. "Yeah I do. I'm sorry for upsetting you too. I didn't know." He looped an elbow loosely around the back of her neck and kissed her cheek before resting his forehead against hers. He stayed that way with her for a while, content to be back on the same page with her. Then his arm slid around her shoulders and they started walking.

"So...did Bruin really kiss Professor King?"

They were back to the way things were before everything had soured last week. She'd be more careful from now on because she didn't want to lose him, especially over something as stupid as a nickname that some jackass had given her. Kat loved being close to him and if she was being honest with herself she had definitely fallen head over heels for the boy next to her...though she wasn't sure if she was ready to admit it out loud, just in case he didn't feel quite the same way.

"He sure did. It was horribly funny and I wish we had a picture of it," she said laughing.

Sumner roared with laughter. He couldn't imagine the rather dour faced professor doing something so-fun spirited. Or so incredibly weird. He had a whole new respect for Bruin. "Want to sit with me at lunch?"

Ugh, I don't want to not go with him...I flaked on breakfast with him the other morning. Make up an excuse...fast fast fast she thought frustrated that her boyfriend seemed to have such a ferocious appetite. "Um, I actually packed my lunch. Cyndi is meeting me in the library to help with Arithmancy, but I'll meet you after...sound like a plan?" Kat asked, desperately hoping he'd take the bait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back