Feeding the Pet

Tichondrius Illitharis

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Tichondrius leaned back against the large oak tree. He was wearing his Hogwartz robes, the length of the wand pressed gently and comfortingly against the side of his arm. During his previous contract, he had brought the wand along, despite the fact he wasn't allowed to use it ... yet. He knew that even the situation was dire enough even underaged wizards were allowed to break what he had termed the Masqerade.

Flicking his wrist, the wand shot out into his hand. It glimmered faintly in the sun, having being polished only last night. He was a fastidous cleaner of his weapons; his wand was no exception. Turning his gaze up, he whistled sharply. Hayate, who had returned with him to Hogwarts, screamed a respone, trimmed his rust-colour tail and flared his wings sharply, coming down close to him. Reaching into his feed bag near by, he flung a small piece of meat into the air, which Hayate caught expertly.

As he continued feeding Hayate, Tichondrius pondered about the timing of his return. The Yule Ball was fast approaching. He was supposed to get a date. Even Sakura back home was nagging him to get one, and she would have to 'pass her judgments first', to quote her directly. His parents were both highly amused at his lack of social ability, knowing full well they were responsible for that.

Tichondrius might be a dangerous individual, whose eyes had seen far too much, but he was, after all, just a twelve year old kid. He had hormones and urges. He bit his lip. A few girls had caught his eye; Liberty was one of them, but he put that down to his instinctive desire to protect the weak. Kagyou, but he knew that was because her way of carrying herself just made her seem .... regal. And a few others. Tichondrius bit his lip again. A sharp screech broke his line of thought, Hayate; demanding his food. He shrugged and tossed another piece into the air.

Rhianne visited once again her favorite place in the castle..She was wearing her favorite sunny dress even if it was winter..She love the feel of the cold against her skin..She smiled as she whistled for Peakes,her owl..Peakes seemed to be near where she was because he immediately flew towards her.."Hello,Peakes..How are you boy??"Feeding him treats from her pocket,she smiled as Peakes eagerly ate them..She stopped in her tracks when she saw and saw Tichondrius Illitharis with his own pet..She smiled warmly..I guess I could use some company..She approached her and greeted him shyly.."Can I join??"

Tichondrius forced a smile to his face, looked up, and the smile became a lot more genuine. "O-of course. Go ahead," he said, indicating the ground next to him. Hoooo boy, he thought. Rhianne Delle Clivey. One of the girls he'd noticed. To cover his somewhat frisky nerves, he tossed a chunk of meat high into the air, which Hayate caugh expertly as he pulled up out of a dive. "Show off," he snorted.

Rhianne smiled as she sat down..She smiled in delight as Tichondrius feed his pet.."How's your day..I hope it would be better than mine.."She still haven't forgotten what Ares did,auctioning them for yule ball..

Tichondrius tilted his head back, gazing at the sky. "It's been okay so far ... Could be better ... What happend to yours?" he asked, tilting his head to looked at her, his emerald orbs inquisitive. "You don't have to tell me, though," he said.

Rhianne smiled as she pushed her long hair back.."It's Ares..He made posters auctioning me,Kida and Neita for yule ball..Worst is he bid galleons to three of us..He thinks that if no one bids higher than him,he would have three dates to the ball.."She sighed just thinking about it.."I just hope someone would aske me before Ares would have his laugh..",she declared half-laughing,half-crying..Turning to Thicondrius,she apologized,saying.."I hope you don't mind me telling you about it.."

"Ares ... Ares Summer? The Gryffindor kid? Funny. I never figured him for that sort of person ... though admittedly I don't know him well." Tichondrius narrowed his eyes briefly, a sure sign of his steadily growing temper. Looking back at her, he winced as he noticed her eyes tearing. Damsel in distress ... ! Must ... resist ... ! Resolve ... fading ... Arrgh! He was a total sucker for damsels in distress, being extremely old-fashioned that way. It didn't help that Tichondrius genuinely thought she was cute. He shook his head to clear it, then scratched his chin. Then, rather quietly, he said, "I'll bid four Galleons." Seeing her look at him, he panicked and quickly backed up.

"I mean, I don't mean that I'd put a value to you, because I don't, but that doesn't mean that I don't value you, because I do, its just that you said Ares bid three Galleons, and that if no one bids higher than him you'd have to go with him, which I don't think you should, so if I bid four then you'd have to go with me. I mean only if you want to of course. I wouldn't want to force you. It doesn't mean I don't want you to go with me, I do want you to go with me, as a friend, not a friend friend, I'm not that kind of friend. I mean I could be, but I'm not. Not yet. Its just that I wo-- Ow!" Hayate looked up at him with his eyes, having nipped Tichondrius sharply on his finger to stop his little rant. Tichondrius glared at Hayate, looked at Rhianne, blushed, and became extremely interested in the grass.

"Ares Taylor..Ravenclaw..I don't want to go with him either he wins or loses.."Rhianne wiped her tears and smiled..Suddenly she was shoked when Thicondrius wants to bid 4 galleons for her.."Y-you don't have to..I mean..The bidding is at the Entrance Hall but.."her voice trailed off as she glanced at him..Rhianne smiled as Thicondrius stammered about the Yule Ball..Sensing his eagerness to take her to the dance,she hold his hand in hers and look at him directly in the eye.."It would be a pleasure to go with you to the ball.."Just as the words come out her lips,his pet bit him on the hand..Rhianne almost jumped and looked concern.."Are you okay??"

"Yea, yea, I'm fine." he glared at Hayate, who merely stared back. Rather than get into a competition he couldn't win, he picked a piece of meat and tossed it up into the sky. Hayate immediately shot up after it. "So ... I'll see you at the ball?"

Rhianne smiled,thankful that Thicondrius was not really hurt.."Yeah..sure,I'll see you.."She smiled at the idea that Thicondrius like her..Shaking her head,she willed herself that he just like her as a friend.."Thicondrius is such a long name..What do you want me to call you??",she asked as she dreaded the days for holidays..They won't be able to see each other during those days..

Rhianne smiled..Hmmm..Ti is unique..I'm going home to Auckland for holidays..But I have other plans for my birthday.."Turning to Tichondrius,eyes speaking of happiness,asked "How about you??"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back