Fate and Fortune

OOC First Name
Clara
Gus couldn't really say that he was happy to be back. In all honesty, he wasn't. Now he was forced to be around people he didn't like - which the last time he checked was at least half the school. He was almost at the common room, he needed to just relax for the day, though lessons had started Gus could only shrug and hope that he'll pass, he wasn't one to put grades first - he knew they mattered that was for sure, but it wasn't the most important thing in his life at the moment. His break had not been all that bad though now he couldn't spend as much time with Lycus as they'd been sorted in two different houses two years ago. Much to his dismay. It was always amusing causing trouble with his twin. Augustus sighed, deciding to rest on a bench in the sixth floor corridor. He still needed to get over the fact that there were too many floors and stairs in this castle. And the third year was not in shape. He could have been, had he actually done something at home but then again he grew too lazy after a while and always avoided going running or playing a sport. If he'd tried out for quidditch, the only appealing position would be beater and yet the Howard boy didn't care for the sport either. He found other ways to annoy the people who bothered him.
<i></i>

Spending time away from her twin was almost agonizing. However, it was something that Achlys would have to get over, since her father preferred for the younger children to be taught by her uncle, Kalif, who was her twin's Head of House. She had the flying instructor, which didn't seem that bad. Achlys did not have much of an opinion on him yet. Leaving the towers, and heading toward the bottom of the castle was taking a while. Achlys might have been lean, but she was not fit. Nothing she did called for her to be active at all. So, she was already out of breath by the time she made it to the sixth corridor. Her sister and herself were so far from each other, further than any other house. Achlys hated this. She straightened her tie on her uniform, before brushing her hair back over her shoulders. Achlys looked over and noticed that there as a slightly older boy sitting on a bench. She stopped walking for a moment, about to comment on his sitting, before she stopped herself. He might be of inferior status. "Surely, you are not tired from the steps after being here for a year or longer." Achlys didn't want to say more than that, not until she knew what and who he was.

At first, Gus didn't notice the girl who was talking to him, as he'd assumed she was talking to a friend or someone she actually knew. But when he heard no reply from anyone he glanced up, staring at her for a second to see whether he should reply to her and if it was worth it. Augustus thought for a second, before saying, "What makes you think I'm tired?" His tone was indifferent today, normally it was colder and unforgiving but the third year could not care less about who he spoke to right now. After all whether this girl was pure or not he would find out, if he had to ask he would but for now he just watched her. If she wasn't pure, then he'd have his fun - couldn't hurt to get rid of his boredom, right? Although something about her told Augustus she wasn't as friendly as other non-purebloods, so there was always a chance she didn't tolerate most people in school like him.​

What was this boy? She could not recognize the common traits. She bore a lot of resemblance to her father, but not her uncle, Kalif. After all, Kalif was blonde. Achlys was dark haired, much like Kanos. Achlys folded her arms against her torso, narrowing those silver eyes of hers. "The way you are sitting on this bench. My father taught me to recognize some body language, and yours is screaming that it is tired. Or lazy. I can't tell the difference." Achlys sounded like she was bragging, which was damn near close. Achlys sighed, before deciding that she better tell him who she was, and how to speak properly to a pure-blood if that was the case. She didn't even hold out her hand, seeing as if he was inferior, she would not want to touch that. "My name is Achlys Styx. I'm not the Slytherin Head of House's daughter or direct lineage. He is my uncle." She thought that she better get that out and in the open. She did not want others to assume that she was his daughter or granddaughter. So, she would not have that wondering eye upon her. Though, Nerine had it worse than she did.

As soon as the girl narrowed her eyes, a rare attractive colour, Augustus had a feeling she wasn't muggle born or half blood. She could be either mixed or pure. That he was sure of, by the way she was acting. That also meant Gus might respect her, once she stated her name. Pures knew each other, even if by association only. "I'm both," he stated, referring to being tired and lazy, considering she couldn't tell the difference. "I've never seen you around before. First year?" he guessed, hoping he was correct. She looked very young. Although to be fair the Jin Howard barely glanced at anyone who was below him. Finally the girl did state her name, though Augustus hadn't expected her to do so this early in their conversation. He straightened, his expression remaining the same, and put his hand out to shake, a subconscious formality he was used to doing. Her mentioning her name just made their interaction a lot more worthwhile. "Augustus Jin Howard. I'm in Gryffindor," he added.​

Achlys nearly smirked in pride when he said that he was both. So, either way, she was not wrong. And she liked the sound of that. She nodded when he asked if she was a first year. First years were often the brunt of pranks and stuff from the older students, but she was safe from all that. She was a Styx, and she also just minded her own business. She didn't bother anyone, and expected no one to bother her. She was a Ravenclaw so she knew how to mind her own. He introduced himself, and immediately she knew. This boy was a pureblood. At least, she hoped. The Howards were, right? Or were their muggle Howards as well... Achlys tried not to think about that. She did visibly wince when he said his house. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." She heard that Gryffindors were often raudy people, and she felt sorry for anyone stuck in that mess. Plus, they seemed to be wanna-be heroes. It was sad, really. "I'm in Ravenclaw, in case you can't tell. My twin is in Slytherin. But Gryffindor, I heard they are rather loud. And their founder fought for the mudbloods. Sad."

There was something that amused Gus when the girl smirked when he told her indirectly that she had been right in guessing he was both lazy and tired. He leaned back a little and watched her, she was interesting to say the least. His day turned from boring to average in minutes. The more Augustus observed, the clearer it became that she was a Styx. There was something about identifying anyone from the Styx family and this girl had it. The identifying factor. Even if sometimes it wasn't always easy seeing the attributes of a family when there were so many members. His expression hardened a little. He didn't like pity, no matter how sincere or insincere it sounded. "They are loud," he shrugged, as if he didn't care. "My twin is in Slytherin too. I would have preferred that house to this one, just to be with him." He raised an eyebrow. "This school just lets anyone in, anyone with magical abilities and I think that lowers the standards of the wizarding world quite drastically."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back