Fatal Attraction Much?

Xavier Snow

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Xavier really should have been studying for his upcoming NEWT's but he just couldn't muster up the muse to do anything other than laze around and waste his time by roaming around the castle. He planned to play Quidditch once he graduated anyways so he didn't see how the grades in school would really matter anyways, he was only trying hard in school because of Trilby and his half-sister being the kind of people they were. "Bunch of overachievers." He muttered under his breath as he scuffed his feet down the hallway, he had never been on this floor before except when he was headed to Arithmancy and figured that exploring the floor a little couldn't hurt any more than studying and dying of boredom could.

Plus after the whole fight with him and his brother friends over Ariah and Hilde he needed to stay out of more trouble then he had been in recently, serving detention wasn't as fun as it was in Beauxbatons. He didn't have anyone serve it with him but dusting off the trophy's in the Trophy room wasn't as easy and fun as everyone thought it was. Especially when Xavier was pretty sure the dust bothered his nose and ruined his brand news clothes he had wore than day, overall though he was pretty glad he was Graduating soon. The only think he would really miss about this place was the few friends he had and all the pretty ladies, who probably wouldn't miss him all that much.

On that warm Saturday morning in the abandoned sixth floor corridor sat Cassandra Zhefarovich perched atop the sill of an open window. Her back pressed up against one end, the bottoms of her heels against the other, had the windows at this school not been abnormally large she would not be able to relax like this, leaning her head hack and closing her eyes as the sunlight bounced off of her raven colored tresses, the sun shining down upon her, warming her face and exposed stark white shoulder, now covered with what was only part of the Zhefarovich crest that dominated her entire back sticking out greatly against her pale complexion. It wasn't often Cassandra came out of the dungeons aside from classes or to eat [and most of the times she just slipped into the kitchens for that.] but it would seem a pack of annoying first years had decided to take residence in the Dungeons for the day to seem 'brave' or something of that sort.

Sure she could have easily just hexed them away and had thought about doing just that but to be honest she didn't believe a pack of what were more than likely mudblood mutts just weren't worth the effort. So she instead made her way up the six flights of stairs to the sixth floor corridor, why she had chosen the sixth she didn't know, Something had just told her it would be the best spot and so far that had proven right, not a soul had wandered through what was for the time being 'her space' and that was just the way she liked it. But of course she couldn't expect that to last too long and wasn't too surprised when she heard footsteps and a familiar voice, someone muttering to themselves sounding a bit mad in the process.

Cassandra opened one eye lazily at the disturbance and looked to see the retreating form of none other than Xavier Snow, her silver eyes scanned over him once before flaring up with anger. His latest idiotic blunder had caused quite an uproar with several members of her family, both current and future. She didn't know what possessed her to do it but immediately she had her wand out, but what to do with it? Dipping her hand in her pocket she remembered the small marble she had found on her pillow and had shoved in her pocket earlier that day. How it had gotten there she would never know but it would come in handy now. Murmuring a spell under her breath the marble immediately flew at the back of his right leg with a mighty force before she put her wand back in it's holder. Hopefully it would hit and sting like hell.

Xavier yelped and his out in pain when he felt something hit the back of his leg, his eyes travelled down and looked around to see the source and when his eyes landed on a small marble disdainfully. Then his eyes caught onto something else, it was that Cassandra girl from the day at the small, or rather Aleyha's pretty older sister who seemed to have a cool enough head for the most part. "Is this yours?"' He held the the marble out so she could see, he figured she was the one that had thrown it but he was feeling playful and a bit ticked off that she had chuck a fricken marble at him for no reason at all. The marble was pleasing to look at but still he did not appreciate the immense bullying that came from the Slytherins for reasons he did not quite fully understand other than that they were Theodore's friends and but the stupid little half-breed said went okay by them. "Well if it is, then your not getting it back." He answered in an almost smarta** tone, but it still was filled with a hint of flirtation in it too, he could never find himself being all that upset with her because she wasn't as bad as some of Theodore's other friends. Xavier opened the pocket to his jeans and place the marble inside his pockets and gave Cassandra a cocky smile.

"Whats a Slytherin doing alll the way up here?" He asked as his icy blue eyes shifted around the hall and fell onto her once again, it was rare to see one of them anywhere but the Dungeons unless they wanted trouble or were just really that bored that they had to come up here to entertain themselves.

Cassandra watched the tiny flying glass orb as it made it's path over towards the blond haired boy, striking him right on target. She felt her lips twitch into a smirk as his yelp of pain hit her eardrums. It wasn't much in the forms of what she really wanted to do but from the looks of things after the initial fight the others had messed him up enough for her. She had been kind of hoping he'd just throw it back at her or something and walk away but of course she wouldn't be so fortunate, he picked the marble and started to talk to her in a clipped tone, asking her if the marble was hers then proceeding to stick in in his pocket. She raised an eyebrow at him before saying, "Well that was a completely pointless question then." She raised her hand up to push a bit of stray hair out of her face before saying. "But it wasn't so I really don't care." she ended, knowing she could get it back if she really wanted to. She hadn't really known where it had came from in the first place so it was of no consequence to her if it remained in her possession.

At Xaviers next question Cassandras eyes immediately made acquaintance with the ceiling as she rolled them heavenward in annoyance. Sure she was a perfect example of the Slytherin stereotype in more ways than one but she didn't like puffballs tone. "I know this may shock you, But here's a secret." she started off, sarcasm lacing her tone. She motioned for him to come a little closer, suddenly feeling the slightest bit playful. Though it would also be easier to hit him if he were closer if he pissed her off. Leaning in she started in an exaggerated stage whisper, "Slytherins aren't allergic to the sunlight." she said, pulling back with another roll of her eyes.

Apparently it wasn't her marble, so he could probably keep it regardless of whether she wanted it back or not because it didn't belong to her anyways. Honestly he would probably just end up losing it later or something, or hurling it at some poor innocent first year for a good laugh or two, it was always fun to play a good harmless joke on someone smaller than you. "Eh, you shouldn't steal from people Cassandra..it's not nice." He wagged a finger at her, as if her were telling off a small child for bad behavior or something. Really he just liked to flirt and pick on girls whenever he could, Hilde was really fun to pick on too just because of that attitude of hers. He really liked those pure blood Slytherins, even if they didn't replace her they had some sort of appeal or natural attraction to him and he found it hard to resist them, which might be the reason he was still talking to Cassandra. At the same time, even if he felt appeal to these types of girls they always scared him a little too, Slytherins always had a way of stabbing you in the back if you weren't careful about the things said and done around them.

When Cassandra came closer he tensed and was tempted to step back a little, but instead she whispered something in his ear that was supposed to be a secret, though what she said merely caused him to snort before he shook his head at her with an amused look shining in his icy blue eyes. Even though there was attraction he he took a step back in fear of not only getting hit, but because he would remain loyal to Hilde for the most part. "Maybe not sunlight, but surely you all seem allergic to being friendly. Are you sure your not just looking for some poor mudblood to sacrifice?" He winked at her, he knew fully about their views on other blood status' and always considered them to just look for ways to bring those people down. His mother was one of those people herself, except she often resorted to killing and making an example of those people instead of just picking on them.

Cassandra let out a small chortle at the blond mans next statement. "This coming from the guy who was about to steal it from me. That's a laugh." she started, hopping down from her perch upon the window sill and landing on her feet with startling ease, her heels impacting with the stone in a loud clacking fashion, the clicking as she took a few steps towards him was the only sound in the nearly abandoned corridor. A smirk played on her face as an idea dawned upon her, why not have a bit of fun with the puff? Within seconds of the thought her wand was out and pointed at him, the glint in her eyes was menacing... very much like her father Arnost, but was ruined by the bit of playfulness that leaked out into them, though you had to be sharp to catch it. "You really should practice what you preach Xavier." She took another step towards him, keeping an eye on his hands now as he was sure to go for his own, "Accio My Marble" she whispered, watching as the small ball wriggled out of his pocket and flew back into her waiting hand. Casting a quick protego in case of a knee jerk reaction from him she finished, "Besides... I found it. There is a difference."

Seeing that he wasn't going to attack her for that stunt she slowly removed the shield charm from in front of herself, slipping her wand back into it's holder, ready to be wielded once more at a seconds notice though hopefully it wouldn't come to that. She had to admit it was kind of funny to see someone afraid of her. Maybe she was more suited to the role of Viscount than she had originally thought when she heard of her future place within the family that she would be training soon enough. She had no idea what attracted her to the brother of her sisters love, but it would seem they loved to pick at one another, this certainly wasn't their first skirmish. At his next words she raised her eyebrows in genuine surprise at him. "Oh wow, quite a mouth you have on you there!" she exclaimed, even though he was with that Hilde girl she had expected a muggle lover. Something in his attitude just seemed like he didn't have the heart to hate. Family really did affect people more than you thought. "I had you pegged for a blood traitor, Guess you learn something new everyday." she ended

Cassandra had taken the marble back from Xavier and he stuck his lower lip out in a pout, typical Slytherin move was to ruin his fun before he even had any. He still didn't like that she was this close to him due to her already being a little creepy to begin with, if she was anything like her sister than he had something to worry about. "Killjoy." He muttered under his breath before he cough to cover it up, he wanted to make fun of her but she was too close and could probably tear him up if he wasn't careful. Xavier flicked some of his hair out of his face and backed up once again, why was it so much fun getting into arguments and tussle's with the Slytherins? "If you weren't so cute I'd be more likely to believe you." He snorted and watched her carefully in case she decided to pull another move with the marble she had with her. That thing had hurt enough to begin with and now that she had it back it was safe to say that she could easily do something to hurt him again, especially after his last comment.

"Well I am a descendant from the Lefevre and the Snow families, both of them are quite nasty." To be honest he was more afraid of his mother than he was his father, recently he heard even his own father had lost his title to one of their allies. He gave Cassandra a charming smile before he wiggled his eyebrows at her, he thought it was funny the way they reacted with one another when they were by themselves. "I have never been a blood traitor, I'm just less obvious about my prejudice then you are. Just because I'm a Hufflepuff doesn't mean I'm a complete let down." He rolled his icy blue eyes, he was pretty sure his sister would have ended up in Slytherin like the rest of his siblings had or would have if they had made it into school. In fact most of the people he knew probably would have ended up in Slytherin except for a select few of his friends.

Cassandra rolled the small spherical bit of glass between her fingers as if to observe it. It was mainly clear, casting an array of light off of it due to the sun pouring down upon the two of them through the open window on that warm Saturday afternoon. Within it were intricately interwoven ribbons of brilliant emerald and a startling canary tone. Not giving it any more thought she focused her gaze on the blond standing in front of her, muttering under his breath. Smirking as she caught what he said, though it was quickly covered by a horrible attempt at a cover cough she rolled her eyes that shone like two orbs of liquid silver, "Smooth Move Snow" she told him before quickly flicking the marble at Xavier, Aiming right in between the eyes. No intentions to hurt him this time, merely hoping to annoy Mister Mellow Yellow. At his next comment she couldn't contain herself to a smirk, instead having to laugh with ended with a snort that was a startling contrast to the intimidating, elegant Zhefarovich female from which it came.

At his next words however her laughter was thankfully toned down to a restrained snicker. "Cute? Well I've been called a lot of things in my nearly Nineteen years but I don't think I can say cute was one of them." she told him, though this was a lie. Josiah had loved to call her cute, whether she was blushing cherry red at his antics, laughing so hard she couldn't breathe at something, or just hanging out. Oh how the last few years had changed her, but in her opinion she had been changed for the better. "Oh I knew about the Snow blood obviously but Lefevre too? Impressive, though I now have the urge to call you Frenchie." she told him with a small wink, before going on to say. "Well, Definitely not the complete fluffy puffy I had pictured, I guess meeting my cousin Patricia kind of reinforced the stereotype. You don't roll around in the mud, I can respect that." she ended, the first words between the pair that weren't teasing or mocking of some sort.

Out of instinct, Xavier saw the marble coming and caught it in his hand before he held it between his fingers and laughed with slight amusement, it was almost as if she were trying to cause him harm or emotional stress. "You know I do play Quidditch..." He tossed the marble up into the air once before he caught it again and held it tightly and firmly in his large hands. After five years of being a good Chaser on the Beauxbatons Quidditch Team he had pretty sharp reflexes that allowed him to react quickly and catch the marble before it hit him. This time he held the marble out to her though instead of putting it in his pocket like he had the first time. Compared to the Gracefulness that Cassandra had, Xavier almost felt like a big oaf as he tottered or stumbled around most of the time. In fact the amount of grace she seemed to carry almost reminded him of his younger Veela Sister Alyssa or even his mother who seemed to be the very definition of grace.

"Well you are, so might as well get used to it." He stated with a shrug of his shoulders and a small snicker, he hoped it wouldn't aggravate her or anything because he didn't feel like getting smacked around today more than he already had been by his siblings. Cassandra seemed to know both of his families, one of them he figured she would know regardless because the Snows were everywhere now. Lefevre blood that he had in his surprised him a little more that she knew of, then again weren't their families good allies or something? "Frenchie eh? I like it! I'm nice but I'm not all that fluffy, Patricia is a really nice girl though!" He stated as he fiddled with the shirt he wad wearing almost nervously. Even if they seemed to be getting along at the moment, being here with her made him really nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back