Fancy seeing you here

Noah Blakewood

Wand
Ash Wand, 12¼", Essence of a Unicorn hair
Scampering up to the Sixth floor, Noah was trying to avoid as much attention as he could. He didn't fancy seeing Kida so much this year as he did last year, nor did he want to see Andy. All of the woman at this school seemed to either be overly nice, far to arrogant, harsh or just plain cruel. With saying that, Noah had forgotten about his good friend who fancied arguments; Amzurah. Flying passed several students who gave him a suspicious look, Noah passed into the Students lounge which at this point seemed rather empty. Finally a place to hide from Yule Ball date queries and all the above. Sitting down on a sofa, Noah leaned his head back on the back rest of the sofa. Silence. That was exactly what Noah had been looking for, and after a long and tiresome journey - thats what he got.

It seemed like he was only laying there for a moment or so before he dozed into a slight sleep. When he's eyes came to open again, it seemed like only five or ten minutes had passed, however, three to four hours had passed. Flying off his seat, Noah looked around at all the people that had now populated the room. There was a Ravenclaw sitting by the fire, mucking around with her wand, a Slytherin eating some chocolate by a window and a rather bizarre looking Hufflepuff smacking her head on a table. Eyes gazing either side of him, Noah felt almost as if he was the only normal person in the room; the only person doing something other than mucking around. Shuffling hastily out of the lounge, Noah smashed into two entering Gryffindors, who arrogantly shoved him off. "Watch it! both said as they progressed on their path.

Giving an arrogant smirk to the two of them, Noah continued out of the Lounge, to find himself gazing down upon a few girls filing up the stairs. He then clicked, that one looked exactly like Amzurah; the girl he had forgot about - until now. Shuffling back and leaning into the wall, Noah made it seem as if he hadn't been expecting any one, in fact, he was hoping for Amzurah to just walk him past. It was a very, very unlikely thing to happen though. He was right in the open, and Amzurah seemed like the type to hold a grudge, especially when she hadn't seen Noah - the person who swore to see her a lot 'next year'. Waiting, hoping, Noah exhaled a long breath.

The school seemed hyper at the moment and Amzurah was at odds to find out why. Everywhere she went couples seemed sequestered into corners about the school and as much as she would have liked to have squeezed herself into a corner again with Brian, she had to admit that the rumour mill buzzing about the school about him and Zuka were driving her insane. He was dating her, he wasn't. She wished someone would seriously tell her finally what the hell was going on there because he certainly wouldn't.

The night of the Yule Ball had ended up being a rather dull morose affair, they had barely kissed and had barely danced. As if in public he had a completely different persona to maintain and any notion she may have had to thoroughly enjoy herself with him that night had been squashed. She let no guy rule her world and she certainly didn't bow to any of them. So whatever game he wanted to play, he would just have to play it all by himself. She was still a free agent, he had never asked her out after all. Only to the dismal social event of her entire year.

In a slight strop she rounded the corner of the sixth floor and smacked head on with a person. Swearing loudly she glared and froze for a moment when she saw who it was. Noah. Noah Blakewood who had basically fallen from the face of the earth since September. Noah who she would have loved to have gotten to know a bit better even after their rocky patch but now she considered him about on par with the Brian Getathorns of the world. Without saying a single word to him, she brushed passed him and began to head up the stairs to Gryffindor. Half way up though she decided to turn around and head back along, passing him again and still ignoring him as she made her way into the student lounge and plonked herself down on a sofa. Her obvious mood set the student sitting there scuttling for cover.

Noah stood there, his body was frozen but his fingers themselves seemed to be searching for something to hold onto. The suspense as Amzurah made her way up the stairs was unbearable - and luckily, that suspense came to an abrupt halt, but in the worst way possible. Noah felt the impact of some ones head on his own, and with that impact, Noah's head collided with the wall behind him. 'Oof' was what he wanted to say, but his mind took into just expressing it through a mental thought.

This was just great, he had just attempted to completely hide from Amzurah and in the end, had is presence pulsed forward in her direction. It was then that the 'Oh Crap' thoughts started going through Noah's mind. Right about now Amzurah was probably thinking that Noah deliberately placed himself by the wall near the stairs - so that she would bump into him, more or less not to the extant that she had however. "I better..." halting with his words, Noah realized that he was thinking aloud. How stupid could you get? For some one that wasn't a dumb kid, Noah was truly showing a stupid side of himself and for some odd reason, mainly when he was around the feminine gender.

Taking note of Amzurah's stride, Noah was about to follow her up to the Gryffindor common room - however - Amzurah trailed back down to Noah, passing him by and then placing herself down where he had been sitting (or sleeping) earlier. "This ought to be fun." Noah murmured to himself as he went to approach the pretty Gryffindor. Amzurah's expression and aura was one telling Noah to run and hide - just the same as the others who were in the room earlier, but Noah wasn't like that. Noah was a true Gryffindor, and true Gryffindor's didn't back down; they would make things right.

Striding every closer to Amzurah, Noah titled his head down as if to look at the beautiful damsel, "May I?" he requested, signaling to the seat by her side. He didn't want to sit down without first being polite, but even on denial, he would make to seating himself next to the aggro beauty. He really needed to get to explaining why he had been a no show around town. Then again, Noah didn't want attention toward himself, so toning down the story a little wouldn't hurt. Brushing his sweaty palms on his robes, Noah inhaled a deep breath, and then exhaled - trying to make it as discrete as possible. He was truly nervous in waiting for the response of Amzurah, the one woman that scared him too death, but the one woman who drew him in to an unbelievable and fascinating trance.

She watched the other student take off and turned her head in time to see Noah approaching. This was just ruddy typical, she fumed silently. She had been certain that he had known she was coming up the stairs and had hung back to practically hide from her. Was this what he had been doing all year long? Had he been putting himself out of her reach, out of view and it was just by sheer chance that she had literally run into him this time?

This train of thought did not please her at all, in fact it made her more annoyed with him. He stood over where she sat attempting to be polite by asking for her permission to sit down. Looking away from him she tried to ignore him but that was impossible to do with him standing right there, so instead she stood up and indicated the entire length of the sofa.
"Be my guest" she smiled sweetly before walking over to one of the empty tables and picking up a book that someone had left behind she flicked through it. Zura didn't bother sitting down, she was hoping now that Noah would just go away and hide like he had so obviously been doing all year long. It bothered her greatly though and this seemed to add to the list of annoyances that were piling up high against this school.

Checking her watch she sighed, it was another three hours before the apparation class and for once she wished time would speed up so she could just go and get on with splinching herself. For that she felt was an infinite more pleasant thought than staying in the same room as him. The book was some ridiculous muggle fiction, a romance and Zura rolled her eyes as she looked at the cover. The heroine ensnared in the arms of some over muscled fool. She slammed the book closed with a sigh and pushed it away from her, turning then to see if he had left or not.

Noah could feel all eyes on him as he made his approach. Before all the students had run along, they were glaring at Noah, as if to alert him of what he was doing; as if he didn't already know. The thoughts just piled on with the approach to Amzurah, in fact It was making things even worse for Noah, it was getting to the stage of making him want to turn back around and leave. Luckily, however, or unluckily; however you want to view it, Noah was now in reach of Amzurah.

Taking note of the some what long silence, and singular attempt to ignore Noah's presence, Amzurah seemed to want to at least make it known that she knew he was standing before her. Upon being polite however, Noah was rudely shoved off - much the same as he had been at the park, oh so long ago. Sighing as Amzurah stood up and headed for a book, Noah drooped into the seat that she had offered. He wasn't going any where - that was obvious, however false hopes were always a good thing for a girl at Hogwarts to have. They had to live off of it most of the time; boys were so unpredictable - or so they said.

Watching intently as Amzurah helped herself to the book before her, Noah crossed his right leg over his left. "That's a dreadful book, I hope you should know." Noah grinned to Amzurah, as if to break the tension that was building up more and more between the two. "It's not just the pictures that are bad." he chuckled lightly. Even with the light conversation, Noah didn't think the mood would be broken so easily. Leaning back in the seat some more, the boys eyes darted to meet with Amzurah's. "I guess it would be time for me to explain my absence?" Noah bit his lip softly, looking up at the roof.

Looking back over at Amzurah, Noah blinked twice and then took his right leg to meet with the floor once more. Leaning in on himself, Noah looked at the floor and then back up to the fellow Gryffindor. "If you want answers Amzurah, I'm willing to give them - more than willing in fact." Noah was so desperate to explain himself that he had offered twice to explain himself, before even obtaining an answer. Rubbing his chin gently, Noah let out yet another sigh.

Noah's constant tirade through her perusal of the book exasperated her more until when she eventually turned around she glowered anew at him.
"It is a romance story Noah... a woman's book. Do you usually read such things or wait... let me see, it's the only way you can have any hope of a romance yourself?" her dark brown eyes continued to glare at him, even when he had offered to explain it's absence.

Sometimes her own temper caused her to react and react and never bother to listen properly and sometimes it came to the point, where by she had gone too far and any turning back she felt would be construed as an act of weakness and she was anything but weak. She could not now turn around in front of the handful of students here in the lounge and tell him to fire away, explain himself as well as he possibly could.

But she did want to know, felt as if she had every right to know why the only friend she had to start with had abandoned her when she had most needed him. As it was though, a bell rang out announcing lunch time and the student lounge emptied swiftly. After a big enough breakfast and knowing she had an apple in her pack for later, Zura stayed put.

"This is the only chance you'll get Blakewood so you can decide. Is your stomach more important or do you really want to explain your absence?" very slowly she began to walk as if edging towards the door, expecting him to just want to go for lunch now and nothing more.

Noah was at least expecting a brief smile on his comment about the book - but nothing was palmed off to him what so ever. In fact the response that was given to him by Amzurah partially shattered him. "I don't usually read such books Zura. It was a favorite of my grand-mothers, but the over the top lovey dovey stuff never drew me in. Reading it to her when her eye sight deteriorated however, was more than a pleasure - after all she did for me and the family. Not that she's around any more." Noah trailed off, his voice dropping to an all time low. When talking to a girl, he never thought something like this would come up in conversation. It was no secret that Noah and his Grand mother were close, but to talk about it to a girl that was some what angry at you, wasn't on the 'to do's' for Noah.

Brushing a hand over his head, Noah parted his legs a little to get a bit more comfortable, before reclining in his sofa seat to lay his head back against the back rest once more. He wasn't going to fall asleep now. No. He wasn't tired any more, not after his extremely excessive power nap; the one that was completely unplanned. Considering the sleep and the conversation with Zura though, it probably did him some good - allowed him to recharge that energy in which he was going to need for the conversation in the current progress.

The bell echoed through the room, but Noah didn't even attempt to move. He was committed to explaining himself, especially for this special lady. Coughing gently, Noah tilted his head back up as Amzurah began to speak once more. Noah couldn't help but smile at her reference to his sir name, "Nice to see you remember me that well! I must've made one hell of a First impression? Or are my looks just that unforgettable - just that angelic?" he smirked jokingly. None the less, all jokes aside, Noah sat up, setting himself right on his seat. "Miss Archer, I truly am here to explain my absence. Food can wait, however it seems, Ive made you wait long enough." Noah smiled to Zura, confirming that she was more important to him then lunch.

"Alright, So I'll get right to it then. Last year, when you yourself were absent from the school, myself and a fellow close friend and house mate, Andromeda Fiorelli had a little run in. This little run in has been the talk of the school for a while - or at least the talk of a fair few Gryffindors and Slytherins. I'm guessing because Mister Right for Andy was a Slytherin, and Andy and myself are Gryff's." Noah began, brushing his hands over his pants; he was a little nervous, that was obvious. "Any way. Since that event, I've been trying my best to keep out of the eyes of all students - including you. All I needed was for you to dis me out about this. Every one else is doing a fine job of that at the moment." Noah stopped and looked to the floor. It didn't really add up - the story and all. Parent problems at home were a key factor to the shy attitude as well. Noah just wasn't himself, things seemed to be all down hill for the moment on his behalf.
"Lets just say the incident evolved from a similar situation that me and you have going Zura... Sort of any way." Noah stopped. That was enough detail.

Amzurah had dealt with alot of crap since her father had died and she had grown hard as nails for the most part, so any talk that Noah dished out about his grandmother set her hackles to rising instantly. If he was playing the emotional blackmail card it wasn't working and never would. She moved another few steps away from the table and sofa, getting ever closer to the door because quite frankly, she was bored now.

At one time she would have given her eye teeth to have him speak to her, to show her some bit of attention but that was when she had been convinced he had a back bone. Since arriving at the school she had studied up on the various houses and the attributes that seemed part of their legacy. Listening to Noah speak on about Andromeda Fiorelli her room mate and the last person she really wanted to hear anything about, Zura wondered just where in Hades name all the Gryffindor attributes were in Noah.

"So you're a chicken is that what you're telling me? That you've spent the past semester ducking for cover because of a girl?" wrong girl she fumed as well, if perhaps he had said something concerning herself she might have wanted to stay and listen, give him some sort of a chance but he didn't. She was obviously the furthest thing from his mind. When he did at last refer to her she looked incredulously back at him.

"A similar situation? In what way Noah .. because quite frankly I'd hate to be the one to break it too one but there is no situation here. There is nothing here. You've been peek a boo because of some red head, too chicken to show your face about the school so there is nothing here. You never gave it or me or us a chance" she had said a little too much for her own liking and shaking her head in exasperation, turned to leave.

Sympathy? Something that Noah didn't deserve and in turn, was not seeking. His words could easily be misinterpreted however, this was the least of the boys worries. Noah wasn't implying that Amzurah should feel sorry for him - more or less his Grand Mother just popped into mind when that book was in his presence. It was clear that Amzurah was edging every second that little bit closer to the door, or arch way, whatever you wanted to call it and Noah felt the tension. He wanted to just come right out and say 'God your pretty, God I'd love to spend some time with you. God... You would complete me.' but look how that turned out the last time. One meaningless... pointless... out of the blue peck on the lips got his nose busted and his hearts devoured by a Lion.

Noah was a Gryffindor, but for some stupid reason he was petrified of girls. Then again, when you really thought about it, he had a reason to me - one almost got his head knocked off. Woman just didn't seem to be so .... kind any more. Back when he was in his first year, second year, hell even third to fourth year, girls were great. Then it hit him - that was another part of the world, and girls must have just been a little.... more trusting? None the less, the thoughts had to be pushed aside, Amzurah was all that mattered now. She was the only person that lit that spark that Andromeda every so brutally put out.

"Yeah. I guess you could say I'm a chicken. Ducking for cover whenever I saw her was a thing that popped into mind - however - I think that side of me is fading away Zura. You'll see at Quidditch try outs." Noah nodded to her in clarification, before standing up and walking over slowly in the direction of the fellow transfer. Zura seemed to be very much so uninterested in talking unless it was about her, so maybe some closing of space between them - some form of bodily communication between the two would change her feelings about the current situation. It was all about her - Noah standing ever so much closer to her... showed.... he wanted it to be all about her.

"Alright. I'll admit it. I never did, I can stand up high and admit that - admit I made mistakes, but the biggest one of all was avoiding you. I need to give you a chance... us a chance." there was a form of desperateness in his voice, and this time, Noah planned his words. Not like when he was with Andy, when he blurted them out. "Amzurah, from day one, your attitude appealed to me. Hell it was a kick in the nad's at first, but you are the most unique... beautifully based person I have ever met. Inside that fieriness that you are, I want to find that delicate side of you - the side that your saving for some one who takes the time to respect you. For that some one that is willing to do anything for you." Noah's voice was delicate and calm. Raising his hand slowly, he pushed Zura's fringe gently to the side and out of her eyes. "Every word is the truth. Whatever you have to say next, doesn't bother me the slightest. Just so long as you know, how I feel." Noah nodded. Despite the limited time the two had together, the flame that he needed to be re-lit, was.

As she turned he spoke again and she halted for a moment, etiquette told her to turn around but she really didn't want too. She liked Brian but he was behaving like an ass, she had really liked Noah but he had disappeared on her completely and at the root of all of these Andromeda seemed to pop up again and again. She was Zazuka's best friend and was constantly dropping the girls name whenever Zura was near, though it seriously didn't matter now that Brian was also avoiding her like the plague. Maybe it was her and not them? Considering both boys had wanted to stay well away for a crazy amount of time.

Turning around then to face him she realized he had come closer, alot closer and she wasn't at all sure that she liked it. She could seriously careless about quidditch try-outs or anything else right now. Her personal space was slowly being invaded and though part of her wanted to jump around doing cartwheels that he liked her and was trying to make an effort, the Durmstrang in her wanted to stick her fingers in her mouth and pretend to gag.

"No wonder you got sucker punched by her" she knew of course, having the very girl has your room mate didn't help much so when Noah's name had been mentioned by another and Andromeda had laughed about her hand not even hurting after punching him one, Zura recalled how she had very much wanted to punch her in the gob right then and there. She hadn't of course but listening to the sentimental dribble spilling from Noah, she could almost understand now why.

"This isn't one of those silly romance books, you don't have to go into the big long winded explanations and the daft things you think of me. I don't know where you got the idea that I'm all beautiful and delicate, you're nuts!" she exclaimed shaking her head and taking a step backwards only to collide with the wall. Her brown eyes stared at him, daring him to come closer because at this point she really only did have two options open to her and that was either hex the living daylights out of him preferably with a silencing spell or just kiss him to shut him up.

The moving in on Amzurah was deliberate, in fact, Noah didn't so much as realize that he was doing it. It seemed that her presence was drawing him in, more and more each second. Her beautiful features, he more than unique persona and of course ... that fiery Durmstrang attitude in which he was so intrigued by. The feelings of sorrow for vanishing off the face of the earth without telling Zura was starting to build up - but now, that couldn't get in the way. Noah was expressing himself, more so than he ever had to a young lady that attended Hogwarts. Shore he did something similar to Andromeda, but not like this, never like this.

Noah nodded off slightly to Amzurah, "Shore it's a little corny. Must just trigger something for girls... like... catapulting fists." Noah smiled, his white teeth penetrating the dimly lit room. Noah just seemed to force that romantic side out of himself, just for the ladies. He didn't know why, but he did. It was more or less that out look of making an actual effort for those that he respected and cared for. Stepping in a littler closer, the space between the two was minuscule.

Noah couldn't help but grin even wider with Amzurah's words. He was nuts to think that she was beautiful and delicate. "To me you are. And if that makes me nuts, so be it." Noah spoke softly, as he stepped closer to Zura as she moved slightly more back. Looking into her daring eyes, Noah leaned in placing his lips onto hers. The warmth was satisfying, and the delicate feel was irresistible. Noah truly felt like a fuller person when his lips were entwined with Zura's. He wasn't going to pull away unless Amzurah wanted him to - if she did, so be it, if not... then that warmth and wholeness that Noah was feeling would continue for a moment longer.

Again he moved closer and she felt herself squeezing up against the wall a little too much. Why she seriously didn't just knee him one was beyond her but her eyes were now transfixed by his mouth which kept saying the silliest things. At least it was before it moved closer until it touched her own. She seriously couldn't help but kiss him back at first, it was as if her lips just had a will of their own.

It was intoxicating and everything she had ever imagined kissing Noah would be like and thankfully it was so far different from kissing Brian that not an ounce of guilt flickered through her for returning the kiss slightly. But then her hands were pushing at his chest to move him back from her and with enough space, barely a hand width apart, she smacked him right across the cheek.
"Don't take liberties" she told him fiercely and then as if she had it all out of her system, her hands reached up once more, fingers curling into the front of his top and gripping tightly moved him that fraction closer again as this time her lips found his.

The months of absence, the months where she had wanted to simply see him everything flooded into that kiss. Her hands slowly moved from his chest to wind around his neck. A soft moan escaped her as she deepened the kiss and tasted the depths of Noah Blakewood. Slowly she broke apart and glanced up at him shyly, licking her lips as she did so.

"Sorry for hitting you" she muttered.

The tension between the two had been completely obliterated with that kiss that Noah offered, and Amzurah accepted. The feeling of their lips not being apart was perfect. For your soul, your heart and everything else to feel even more full was brilliant. It was a feeling that no money could buy, no gift could suffice. This was the perfect moment - the most perfect moment in Noah's life in fact. It was beyond anything that had ever occurred to Noah - the feeling that he had never felt; love. Is this what it felt like? The warm heart, the overwhelming happiness?

The irresistible attempt on deepening his kiss was abruptly ended however. Zura slapped Noah clean across the face and then followed with an assortment of words which seemed to be some what murmured, simply because his ear was ringing slightly from the slap. Then it clicked that the slap was only part of the tuning out. Noah was in such a trance, that anything around him mattered not. Everything was a blur except for this angelic figure that stood before him. A force was felt drawing Noah into Amzurah, and before he could even question what it was, Noah's lips were locked with the soft, tender lips of Zura. Noah didn't have to draw in on this kiss... Zura made that her duty; this was really happening.

It seemed that all the time apart was being poured back into Noah's life. Amzurah was deepening the kiss between the two, more and more each second, and Noah did the same. Reaching his hand slowly around the back of Zura's head, Noah supported her neck. In the process, he drew in on the kiss that the two were sharing. He couldn't believe this was really happening - Amzurah actually cared for him.

Breaking up in the same motion as Amzurah, Noah took note of the licking of the lips. Noah couldn't help but follow the same motion. The only thing that was different about Noah's part from Zura's was the simple fact that he wasn't shy. He was more than proud to have just kissed Amzurah, and it was clear - his affection toward her was explained by his actions. "Sorry for leaving you." Noah smiled as he placed his fore head against Zura's. "Looks like were even." he smiled affectionately toward her.

She watched transfixed as he too licked his lips, her eyes slowly moved up to look at him and not for the first time in her life she wondered at the rashness of her actions. As his forehead came to lean against hers though she concerned herself with these thoughts no longer. It didn't matter about the Brian's of the world who kept her at arms length until it suited him to have her closer. If he was wishing for his ex-girlfriend, pining for her then he could have her. Zura marched to the beat of her own drum and waited for no man. She would never settle for being someone's second choice and with Brian that was exactly how he made her feel.

Yet would Noah make her feel any different? He seemed completely caught up with Andromeda and perhaps this was where his true feelings lay. She knew she would have to be careful here, very careful indeed.
"I guess we're as even as we can hope to be" she grinned back at him, wondering what would happen now, what should happen? Moments of indecision were completely new to her and she didn't like it one bit.

"So when are you leaving again?" she didn't know if he had plans to sequester himself off again the moment Andromeda showed her face around the place but they were all Gryffindors, was he really hoping to hide from the strange looking girl all year long? She could vouch that he had not been in the common room the previous semester for she had spent enough time there hoping to run into him.

The transfixed state that Amzurah's eyes had come to take on Noah was heart-warming. To know that she felt the same way about him, as he did her was a more than good feeling in itself; but Amzurah had her eyes locked on Noah. It almost seemed as if her eyes were never going to vanish behind her eye lids - never going to water from being open for to long; nothing. Noah was quite, he wanted it to be quite for a moment. His head and Amzurah's had met, and seeings as though it was such a perfect moment silence wasn't something that would hurt. Having his head upon Amzurah's obliterated words - it explained everything - told Noah everything he needed to know.

Smirking with Zura's words, Noah almost let out a chuckle. He loved how her words rolled off her lips. It was as if she was unsure of his motives - unsure of if he was going to vanish into the darkness that was around him. Then again, she had the right to be curious about that. It wouldn't be the first time that Noah was there one minute and then gone, never to be seen again; or so it seemed. A small silence held after Zura's words, but it seemed she chose to break that silence with a question - and a valid one at that.

"When do you want me to leave again?" Noah questioned, lifting his head away from Zura's slowly, fixing his eyes onto hers. He was joking with her - but at the same time, he was palming her off some meaning; a message. He wasn't going anywhere, until Amzurah wanted him to. He was all hers, and nothing could take him from her - not Andromeda - not Brian - not any one or anything. No fear was going to get in the way of Noah's aspirations and dreams this time and at the same time, no dreams or aspirations were going to get in the way of his inevitable love for Amzurah.

She slowly released her hands from around his neck and slid them down over his shoulders once again to rest comfortably against his chest as she leaned back properly against the wall. Zura was looking at him curiously now, wondering just how much of that question was truly directed at her. It wasn't up to her after all how long he stayed for or not, if he was afraid to be around certain people then that fear would just belly up and leave him because she had kissed him ... would it? Having a healthy dose of reality instilled into her at a very young age, Zura looked away from his face for a moment before gazing back again.

"I hadn't wanted you to leave in the first place" she told him very matter of factly, her heart had yet to let up its frantic chaotic pounding and it bothered her a little that it was capable of behaving so stupidly around him.
"If I had my way you wouldn't leave at all but it's not for me to say. I'm not the boss of you" a little smirk graced her lips as she spoke to him. There was so much that she wanted to know about Noah, had wanted since she had met him but so many months had passed in between she found herself wondering if the distance of time between them would be held accountable. How would he feel about her kissing Brian and convincing herself that there had been something there?

Feeling Zura's hand rest gently onto his chest, Noah simply looked upon the girl that stood before him - he remained to the comfortable in the state that the two had come to be in. Noah was trying to read his new 'very' close friends body language, but it seemed that the amount she was giving him to read was very limited. All that Noah could make out was that she was thinking about something - thinking about an answer maybe? Who knew. Waiting for Zura's response, Noah locked eyes upon the gaze that met him again. It was clear now that the answer he was eager to hear was just about ready to spurt out.

Nodding to her first lot of words, Noah couldn't help but cringe in side. To know that now was terrible - he truly didn't know how much their friendship meant to Zura - or for that matter how much she wanted to get to know him. "Zura. If you don't want me to leave- then i wont. As far as I'm concerned, your decision is more important than mine." Noah meant what he said. It may have seemed rushed, bit he knew it was true - he knew that Zura held a part of him - held one of the main parts that helped him make decisions; the hard ones. Brushing a hand over the cheek of the beautiful girl before him, Noah leaned forward, kissing Amzurah gently on the forehead. "That kiss was a promise. I promise that i wont leave you - ever again. Hold me to that." he smiled warmly.

Amzurah wanted desperately to be happy in that moment and knew that part of her was. Yet another part of her felt a keen ache for Brian and she felt horrible that she was so torn like this. Again and again she had told herself that Brian did not truly want her, that Noah had not wanted her either and yet, here he was now saying all the right things while Brian remained hidden away from her the same way his heart was.

As his hand brushed away some loose strands of hair, caressed her cheek before kissing her forehead Zura wanted to believe him. Wanted to wrap them in a cocoon and shelter them from the world outside of this room but nothing lasted and everyone left eventually. She pulled away from him. Her father left, Brian had more or less left her and so would Noah. He had done so already and no promises to the contrary would make her believe that he would not up and vanish on her again.

"Words Noah, just words" she muttered feeling stupid for allowing her emotions to boil up on her as they had, she took a step to the doorway and stopped.
"I was with Brian Getathorn for a while at least I thought we were together but ... he just up and left me too. No reason behind it, none at all" she looked up at him then, "everyone leaves Noah."

Noah was lost. How could he feel this way so suddenly about a girl that he had barely spent any time with; true love must have existed. Or maybe it was sheer stupidity - that kind that all teenagers seem to have. 'I'm in love because I can be.' that seemed to be the way that most of their minds worked. Sighing mentally at his thoughts, Noah brushed them aside; he didn't want to stress himself now. He didn't want to be stressed whilst in the presence of the most beautiful and wonderful girl in the school - at least in his eyes.

Feeling as Zura pulled away from him, Noah hesitated before speaking, "Are you alright? Noah looked into Zura's eyes. He could see that there was something deep down that was bothering her, and he hadn't even known her for that long. "Maybe they are just words." Noah quickly re butt to Zura's words, "Or maybe they are more than words. A deeper meaning than they appear to have." Noah looked at Zura, meaningfully.
Brian then came into the picture; who was this Brian character? Noah wasn't around for a little while so she went flaunting around with another piece of meat; great.

Controlling his emotions, Noah looked at Zura, "Brian? Didn't know you fancied his kind..." Noah trailed on for a moment, []b"None the less. I left, and came back - that has to count for something. And you're right, every one does leave, but i already left; my leavings down, and now I'm here, with you."[/b] he smiled warmly to Zura to assure her that her fears were not going to be reality.

Amzurah felt as if she were losing a bit more of herself with every word and she wasn't sure whether or not she liked this particular feeling either. This was all completely crazy, this particular guy had been rude and obnoxious to her the very first time they had met and now he was telling her all sorts of crazy stuff about how he felt about her. She had kissed him which she had not intended to do at all and it bothered her no end that she had. Was she making a habit of kissing 6th year boys now?

With a sigh after he mentioned Brian she pushed against his chest to move him back from her completely.
"Yes actually..." her brown eyes defied him to say something else, anything else, "I don't know what you mean by his kind but if you mean, smart... witty, sweet, wonde..." she stopped, not sure where she was going with this or why she was even bothering. Zura was so confused it was not even funny anymore.

Holding a hand up to Noah she shook her head.
"Please just ... just let me go. I have lots to think about and I can't do that with you practically on top of me."
She moved away from him then and without giving him any chance to follow her, she raced directly to the seventh floor. Finding sanctuary for a brief time in her dorm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back