Family Isn't Always What You Want It To Be

Scott Blade

OOC First Name
Zach
Scott Blade had just finished up with Ancient Runes for the day, and he couldn't say that he had enjoyed it. The class was a bit pointless, and he was unsure why he had even picked the class to begin with. He'd also found that one of the people in the class seemed to have a habit of staring at him, and he couldn't understand what the kid's problem was. With a sigh, he started walking away, in the direction of the common room before he was tapped on the back. He turned to face them, an annoyed look on his face. "What?" He snapped, his voice ice cold.

Clementine was walking out of another class when she saw who she assumed to be Anthony walking quickly in another direction. She was happily surprised to see him and looked forward to spending time with him so she hurried her steps to catch up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. However, as soon as he turned around and snapped at her, she realized this couldn't be Anthony because he would never react to her that way. This boy didn't know who Clementine was, but Clementine knew instantly who he was. "Oh," she said, a little surprised and caught off guard, unsure what to do in this situation. "You're Scott," she pointed out, rather unnecessarily, but she was processing it all in her mind. "Hi, it's nice to meet you," she smiled, unsure what else to do but be polite to the boy who looked exactly like her boyfriend.

Scott didn't know what he had expected when this girl approached him and began talking to him, but he certainly had not expected her to know his name? How did she even know it? He'd never spoke to her in his whole life, and judging by the look of her he never would waste his time with someone like that. He wasn't interested in finding out how she knew though, so he pushed those thoughts away. "I bet it is." He said, rolling his eyes. "Do you have a point to make or something to say?" He asked her, not caring just how rude he sounded in the process. He didn't like to be disturbed, no matter who it was doing the disturbing.

Clementine knew that even though Anthony and the boy looked exactly alike, they wouldn't act the same, but she wasn't expecting this boy to be so mean. Nonetheless she still smiled at him and shook her head. "No I'm sorry," she said politely. She didn't know how to say this without context, and she wished Anthony was here for this moment, but she had to say it. "It's just that you look exactly like my boyfriend, so I thought you were him," she explained. "Like - exactly like him, it's kind of freaky," she said, leaning in to get a closer look at him and seeing Anthony but knowing it was not him at all.

Scott was only half listening to what this irl was saying, but it piked his interest slightly when she mentioned that the boy in his class that kinda looked like him was her boyfriend. "Maybe you can tell your boyfriend to stop staring at me. It's starting to get on my nerves." He told her icily, completely disinterested in her story. Who cares if they looked a little bit alike? He got annoyed when she got up in his face, and pulled his head back his face reflected that anger. "If you get up in my face again, we're going to have a problem and you're not going to like how I solve it." He told her, drawing his wand to reinforce his statement.

Clementine tilted her head to the side in thought as the boy retorted back to her. She was surprised to hear that he had already noticed Anthony and she wondered why he wasn't curious to find out more about him. She was just about to open her mouth to tell him that perhaps he should talk to Anthony, but then the boy snapped, taking a step back and threatening her with a wand in her face. "Oh my," she said softly, though she wasn't too scared, just caught off guard. "Okay, I'm sorry," she replied softly, her voice as calm as ever; she knew perhaps her observance had been too much so she had no problem apologizing. But she was also patient in the sense that she wasn't going to leave so easily because she still wanted to keep talking to the boy.

Scott groaned. Why wouldn't this girl just leave? Surely she had better things to do than to stand here and bother him with her childish thoughts. He was happy when she at least apologised for getting up in his face, she should have done that anyway. "Do you not have better things to be doing right now? Can't you go bother your boyfriend so i can go and live my life?" He asked her with a deep sigh. He got the feeling that she wouldn't be going away anytime soon, and he wondered if there was a way for him to get rid of her. Maybe her boyfriend was still in the class & he would be able to go and fetch him so that they could leave together. "Are you waiting for your boyfriend or somethig?" He asked her, hoping that it would be as simple as that.

Clementine shook her head and smiled politely at the boy despite how rude he was being. "No I was just heading down to my common room when I saw you thinking it was him," she shrugged innocently, indicating she hadn't been actively looking for Anthony when she came across Scott instead. Clementine pursed her lips in thought and said, "I'm sorry but - aren't you slightly curious about him? Or why he keeps staring at you?" she asked softly. Perhaps the boy was just deflecting and not wanting to talk to a stranger about these types of things, but Clementine was too blunt not to ask what was on her mind.

Anthony had just finished up in class, having stayed back in time to get a few tips from the professor on his presentation. Upon leaving he instantly spotted Clementine in the corridor talking to another guy and so naturally he approached her and pulled her into a hug and planting a kiss on her forehead. "Hey," he said, putting on a smile, he turned around to face the other guy and his eyes widened as he saw it was his brother, Scott. He took a moment to take it in before he spoke, "Scott Blade, right?" He asked him, and deciding not to waste any time he just launched straight into his next sentence. "I'm your brother, Anthony." He told him.

Scott couldn't stand this girls infinite amounts of optimism and patience. If someone spoke to Scott the way he was speaking to her, he would have never let them get away with it, not that Scott would let anyone be rude to him in return. He elected to ignore her questions and was about to leave when someone, her boyfriend assumably, came and greeted her before turning to him. Before he knew it, he was claiming to be his brother? He didn't have a brother that was in his year, he hadn't grown up with anyone else that was his age, only the rest of his siblings. "If you're my brother, why have I never heard of you?" He asked coldly. "Just because you look like me doesn't prove anything." He told him before he could try and use that card.

Clementine didn't get to hear Scott's response to her question as she heard someone approach and put their arms around her. Clementine smiled once she realized it was Anthony and her adrenaline sped up as she realized the two boys were in close proximity finally. She took Anthony's hand and squeezed it as he talked to Scott, revealing that they were brothers, but the other boy's response made her furrow her brows sadly. She looked from the Hufflepuff boy to the other boy and then bit her lip. She hoped Anthony wouldn't mind her interjecting but she decided to speak up and answer the boy's question. "It's possible you guys were separated at birth which is why you've never heard of him" she said softly. "Do you wonder why your parents would've done that?" she asked him.

Anthony looked at Clementine as she spoke, he was quickly becoming frustrated by this encounter and wondered if the other boy was intentionally being frustrating or if he was just unwilling to believe the truth of the matter. He sighed, and wondered what he could say to make this kid realise that he wasn't making this up. He would have expected the two of them looking alike to be the key indicator that he was telling the truth, but obviously Scott has having none of it. He looked at Clem when she finished, and noted that she made a lot of good points. He pulled out the picture he had in his pocket of the two of them at birth and handed it to him. "That's us." He said to him.

Scott Blade was actively looking for ways to get away from this encounter now that the other man, his 'brother', had arrived. He didn't believe the story, and had never come across anything to prove otherwise, not until Anthony handed him a picture of the two of them at birth, and he at least knew that he was one of the babies because he had seen pictures of himself at birth. He thought it over in his head, and decided quickly that he didn't care either way who he was, or how he was related to him, not right now at least. For the time being he threw the picture back at him. "Anyone can be family, I guess. But if you want my respect, or you want us to be close, you need to earn that." He said, and turned to walk away from the two of them. He was done with this conversation.

Clementine had expected for the boy to be swayed with compassion once Anthony handed him the picture of the two of them, but he was just as indifferent as before. She frowned when he tossed the picture back to Anthony and made some last remarks about earning his respect. She sighed and squeezed her boyfriend's hand for support, unsure of what to say for a moment before she shrugged. "At least he believes it," she said, trying to look on the bright side. "It can be a lot for him to take in so maybe he just needs some time to process," she said, suddenly realizing this might be what was actually happening so there was no need to be concerned with his dismissive attitude, he was just adjusting...she hoped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back