Exploring the Slytherin territory

Andrew Bruke

Andrew walked out of the slytherind house and into the dungeons.It was his first day at Hogwarts New Zealand and he had decided to explore so he chose to do it in the early morning.He decided to walk as silenly as he could.He had tried a few spells and they had worked for him."Lumous!"he whispered and light illuminated from the tip of his wand.He walked slowly and silently trying not to wake anyone in the portraits.He hoped that he would not be caught by a teacher in teh midst of his exploring because he did not want to have a bad impression on anyone.

Sophia had awoken early as usual and headed to the Library. However, when she got there she discovered that she had forgotten a book she needed. She headed back to her dorm swiftly, her messenger bag draped across her right shoulder and over her torso.

She was quite surprised when she turned a corner and was greeted by the sight of a new boy with his wand lit, seemingly exploring. Sophia raised her chin slightly and walked swiftly up to him. Looking down her nose at the boy she towered over him, staring coldly at him with her golden eyes.

"What precisely, may I ask, are you doing?" she asked in a harsh, drawling voice.

Andrew saw the Slytherin prefect come into view and thought what he would say.As he had expected,she asked him what he was doing and he replied politely,"For starters,I was walking,in details I was looking arround and I'm sure that I was not breaking any rules,or was I?"he asked.He knew what that would cause but didnt actually care.

Sophia narrowed her golden eyes at the younger boy. She absolutely detested when people gave her attitude, especially First Years who should respect her someone older and as a Prefect.

"Did anyone infer that you were breaking any rules?" Sophia began harshly. "No. But now you are disrespecting your House Prefect, which is very much looked down upon."

"Well I was just asking you if I was breaking any rules since I dont know any rules and do not wish to know the,"he said coldly trying to keep his voice equal."And if you think that I was disrespecting you,buy your self a muggle dictionary because it seems you do not know the meaning of 'Disrespect'."said Andrew in his calm tone.He had not raised his voice nor had he spoken badly to her but now she was making him do it.

Sophia stared coldly at the boy. "You will cease talking now and start listening. Learn the rules of this school, know them by heart, and follow them to the letter. You will notice that in the rules it does not give First Years permission to speak in such a manner to a Fourth Year and Prefect. And let me tell you, you picked the wrong one to talk back to.

"Just because you were raised in a household where you can say whatever you want does not mean you can do that now. This is your warning. I catch you putting one toe out of line and I will not let you slide."

Sophia was not officially in a royal bad mood. she turned on her heel, her long black hair whipping around behind her, and swiftly began to walk toward the Slytherin Common Room.

Ginny walked down into the dungeons but heard sophia's vioce so stopped and sat on the steps, smirking. She was angry, she could tell. When her vioce stopped for a while, she skipped down the steps and saw a boy standing there. 'hello,' she said cheerfully.

Andrew just ingnored what she was saying until ,"Just because you were raised in a household where you can say whatever you want does not mean you can do that now. This is your warning. I catch you putting one toe out of line and I will not let you slide."she said and turned on her hells leaving him alone.It wasnt true what she had said.After all Andrew had never seen his parents and his childhood was just him,the skinny,orphan boy who was nevr respected and had no friends at all.He felt bad that he was not spoilt by his parents like the rest of the slytherins and but it was his fiery against his muggle father that made him like what he was.He didnt say anything to the prefect as he was occupied with an emotion that he had never felt.He turned arround and started walking back to the common room when he heard a cheerful voice behind him.He turned arround to see a girl apparently bigger than his age.He noticed that she was a Ravenclaw.He was not in a right mood to have chit-chat but he simply said,"Hello,"with a cold tone,"what brings you here?"he asked her.

'Hearing the likes of sophia getting angry,' she joked ignoring the fact that he had a cold voice. 'And you or do you not wish to discuss anyhting then?'

"Well,she is atleast worthy to be in slytherin."she said with a sigh."Most of the first years seem to have chosen to be in slytherin for nothing.They are even afraid to break rules."he said slowly."By the way,I'm Andrew."he said offering his hand to the girl.He was most likely to just refuse to chat with the girl but she was somehow a second year and he could have some help from her in many ways.

Sophia had only begun to walk toward the Common Room when she heard Ginny and Andrew talking about her. Deciding that the two were not worth her time she continued walking and ducked into the Common Room as soon as she came to it.

'Ah yes i see. I know what you mean but who am i to judge. I'm not even in the right house in my opinion. there's no way i'm smart and that final,' she joked slightly though his point was every valid. ginny shook his hand and said,'ginny. so are you worthy to be in slytherin then?' she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back