Exploring the grounds

Michelle Darby

Wand
Cherry/Maple 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring
Michelle had settled herself in, and talked to some people in the common room. Now she wanted to explore the grounds, and find a nice, sunny place to relax. She was wearing blue skinny jeans, clean, new black converse, and a light grey jersey over a blue singlet. She sighed, smiling in contentment. She had had her doubts about how clean and comfortable everything would be, but it more than met her expectations.
She wandered across the lawn in the direction of the lakefront. Sitting down on the edge of the bank, she stared at the undisturbed surface of the water. Her mother had told her that this lake froze in winter, which had made her excited, and she had brought her figure skates especially.

Isaac had just settled into his new dorm, not having met any future roommates yet. He was not looking forward to sharing a room with other people, all his life he had had a grand room all to himself, and now he'd be crammed in a smaller room with a few others. Isaac shuttered involuntarily at the thought but there was nothing he could do about it. Now he fancied a stroll across the grounds to become acquainted with the place. When he saw the lakefront the water looked inviting so he went over to relax there.

When he came closer he saw a girl already there. Isaac was feeling rather sociable that day so he said, "Hey there, I'm Isaac Chambers," his English accent rang out proudly as he introduced himself regally. As soon as he got a good look at the girl he looked at her curiously and asked, "Have I seen you around before?" Sure there was the Sorting ceremony and around the school, but he could've sworn he'd seen her somewhere else as well.

Michelle looked around as she heard a male voice. A boy who looked vaguely familiar, was standing beside her. She jumped up lightly, and smiled at him. His accent matched her's perfectly "Hi, I'm Michelle Darby. I do believe I've seen you somewhere actually.." she said looking at him curiously. "Where are you from?" she asked, though she thought she already knew.

As Isaac got a better view of her he was sure he had seen her somewhere before, but he couldn't place his finger on where. When she said she had seen him before too, he knew he wasn't crazy. "I'm from London," he said slowly, giving her a curious look. "Are you from there?" he asked in bewilderment. Could that have been where he saw her? He didn't recall ever seeing her in London.

Michelle smiled at him "Yes, I am" she said "We must have met somewhere" she added.
Then it came to her "Oh, was your family at that really formal wizarding party last year?" she asked. She remembering her mother fussing over her dress, and the party, with the amazing magical floating chandeliers, and trays of food.
"So, yes... I'm Michelle, or Micky" she said.

Isaac actually laughed lightly when she mentioned a very formal wizarding party, now it all clicked. "My parents were the ones that threw that party," he explained with a soft nod of his head. "I guess that's where we've seen each other," he concluded with a smile. "So uh, how have you been since then?" he asked her with a nervous laugh, he couldn't remember how long ago the party had been.

Michelle turned a slight shade of pink, as he informed her that it was his family that threw the party. She hadn't paid attention to the little details.
"You know, just waiting for Hogwarts" she said casually "You?" she asked.
She sat down, and gestured for him to do the same. She crossed her legs delicatly under her, and smiled at Isaac.
"Which house are you in?" she asked.

Isaac smirked when he saw her flush a shade of pink but decided not to comment on it, besides, he didn't think it was any matter to blush over. "The same," he said coolly with his hands in his pockets. When she motioned for him to join her on the ground, he removed his hands from his pockets and sat down beside her. When she asked what house he was in, he proudly stated, "Slytherin," with a very smug look on his face. He was afraid that he would end up in Gryffindor like his father and older sister, but he had gotten Slytherin like his grandfather and he was proud of that. "What about you?" he asked, wondering if she too ended up in Slytherin. If she and her family attended his family social events, surely they were a lot alike.

Michelles eyes narrowed the tiniest bit when he smirked, and she hoped he wasn't smirking at her.
"Nice" she said, when he told her he was in Slytherin. That would've been her second choice, definetly, but she was glad to be in Ravenclaw.
"Ravenclaw" she said with a sense of pride "Like the rest of my family" she added.

"That's nice," Isaac said simply to Michelle. Truthfully he only saw his house as the best house, but if he absolutely had to choose another to be in, he'd settle for Ravenclaw. "My family was a mix of things," he said, his bright blue eyes rolling slightly in their sockets, "but I got placed in Slytherin like my grandfather," he said proudly. "He was the reason we were throwing that party," he told her, reminding her of the party in which they'd met. "It was his retirement party," he said with a shrug. Isaac noticed that he was rambling because he didn't know what to say.

Michelle wasn't sure what he meant by 'That's nice', and she took on a slightly defensive air.
She listened to Isaac talk about his history and grandfather.
She wasn't sure how to respond, so she said "Well, if you have anymore parties, let me know, and we can hang out" she said instead. It was all she could think of.

Isaac, feeling slightly dumber by the minute, smiled gratefully at Michelle, who had found some way to respond to his bragging, since there was no other way to describe it. He shook his head softly, his blonde hair swaying from side to side; he hated feeling dumb and helpless in conversation, let alone with a girl. He suddenly felt himself wanting his younger sisters with him but the moment of longing for their company was short-lived, knowing they would've found some way to embarrass him in front of her. "Perhaps we'll throw a party together," he said, smiling widely at her, thinking it wasn't a bad suggestion really but he didn't mean it very seriously.

[Sorry I'm having a hard time getting into character!]

(I know, it's hard with new characters)

Michelle smiled back, glad that he seemed to be enjoying himself.
When he suggested throwing their own party, her eyes sparkled "That could actually work..." she said. Michelle imagined how proud her parents her parents would be, if and a very respectable young man threw a formal party at her new school.
She snapped herself out of it, and looked back at him.
"So, what are your... hobbies?" she asked.

Isaac smiled mischievously when Michelle agreed that throwing a party would be a good idea for the two of them. "We'll talk about that later," he said to her with a wink, feeling like right now was no time to talk party planning. When she asked him of his hobbies he pursed his thin lips in thought, no one had ever asked him that. "Well," he said, still thinking of an answer. "Traveling mostly, reading, and a do a fair bit of flying," he replied with a shrug. "What about you?"

Michelle grinned back, and nodded.
She listened "Cool, where have you travelled?" she asked interestedly.
"My hobbies..." she said, though she didn't even need to think of an answer. It was obvious to her "Dancing. Every single typre you can think of, even figure skating and gymnastics" she said, a fond little smile on her face.

"I've travelled all through Europe and a bit of America," he said arrogantly, though he didn't really notice when he was bragging anymore. "Do you travel?" he asked in return. "Figure skating?" he repeated with an interested smile. "Maybe this lake will freeze in the winter and you can skate sometime," he told her, surprisingly with a friendly tone. He could never figure skate, let alone do gymnastics so he said, "Impressive," with an approving nod.

Michelle listened interestedly "Wow, cool. Yes, I've travelled alot" she said offhandedly. Travel had become regular for her, and it bored her slightly now.
"Yes" she said, the famaliar pleasant flush creeping into her cheeks when she talked about one of her favourite activities "My mother told me that it does freeze in the winter" she said matter of factly.
"You'll have to come out and give it a go" she said, smiling mischeviously at him.

Isaac actually let out a laugh when she said he should give it a go. "Oh no, I don't think so," he said through his laughter. "I'd be terrible! I'd much rather watch you out there," he said with a smirk. He was rather enjoying his time with Michelle and didn't want to make himself look like a fool in ice skates out there as he continuously fell on his bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back