Exploring for Business

Rufus Volkov

After sending RoseMary and her eleven year old daughter for shopping in the bright streets of Obsidian Harbor, Rufus made his way towards Gringotts. He had heard about a place called Bleak Street in New Zealand that would be of some use to his business and thus having got some time he had come up with the plan to explore the Bleak Streets and discover its valuables. He had a few items securely packed in his trunk that he was intrested in trading if the owners of the shops were intrested in any.

However he was visiting the shops like a normal customer and if he would find anyone worthy of trading only then would he reval his trading items that were not meant for the eyes of just anyone. Dressed in a dull green cloak with brown clothing underneath,he had pulled up his hood to escape the eyes of the crowd.

Even his arm lay covered hiding the mark that he was very proud of. Seeing a shop that caught his eye with the name 'The Dark Serpent' he made his way towards it wondering what kind of items it was offering its customers. But by the looks of the shop it seemed that it wasn't being cleaned time and again for layers of dust had accumulated on the doors.

The air became thick as a sudden sharp coldness filled the area a Shadow appeared in front of the man and grabbed the arm that had the Dark Mark Branded onto it. "I don't like Death Eaters" the Dark Lord of Nightmares said as he snapped the man's arm like a twig breaking it severely. Luxen swung around very quickly as he back slapped the young man into a wall very hard so that blood was slowly trickling out from the back of the man's skull. "I think this is the part where your supposed to tell me how big and scary you are" Luxen said with humor as he took a few steps towards the man ready to break every bone in his body. "Where your suppose to threaten me and show me your dark mark, oh wait your arm's broken so I guess that won't be possible" Luxen said with a smirk as he grabbed the man by the throat, "I've grown restless and you my friend are a poor victim of circumstance" Luxen said coldly as he began to squeeze the life from the man's throat.

Leah strolled down Bleak Street for the umpteenth time. She had come here often over the past few weeks searching for something she did not even know. She was drawn to this place, and could not resist walking down these dreary and contaminated streets. There was always the chance of running into Luxen, but this she could deal with. Although she had rather not die.

And suddenly, Luxen was there. Along with another. Leah stepped back, her eyes widened a bit. Her heart pounded holes through her chest and her hand reached for her wand. She knew not what to do. The man seemed to be in pain, and Luxen was naturally enjoying himself. Leah stayed where she was, not sure what to make of this situation.

Rufus had barely took three steps towards the 'Dark Serpent' when a shadow started to hover but as he looked back there was no one. Turning to face the shop once again he realized that he could sense darkness in the air. There was someone here besides himself, a dark force. He heard amazed to hear the voice as the shadow spoke to him. He was going to respond back when he realized that his sleeve had been pulled up and the dark mark was revealed.

It was then that the horrified look gripped Rufus. He was fighting a losing battle because although he had his wand clutched tightly in his left arm he could not see where to aim his curse. He screamed in agony as his right arm bearing the mark was twisted like a wooden stick. He could feel his bones break under the immense force.

Another force pushed his head into the hard wall and a stabbing pain raised in his head. He could smell his hot blood flowing down his head and onto his neck. "Who...are you?"he asked barely able to utter the words as the shadow squeezed his throat. "I...am a foreigner..I do not know of this place...I a...t..radder" he spoke clenching his teeth under the pain.

Although darkness surrounded him he could see and feel the presence of another living soul. It was a girl in her late mid-teens. He wondered how he would get out of this situation. "Prostatevo Apo Skotadi!" yelled Rufus after collecting all energy that he had. It was an ancient spell that meant to protect against darkness. He could only wish for it to work.

(Incase you are wondering where I got this from, its righthere. Nick used it :shifty:Should have some effect like it did on Vici )

(Perhaps, though all DP's are different, Luxen, Hunapo, Vici, and Romeo Love are each DP's but are very different from each other what may affect Hunapo and Vici might not affect Romeo Love and Luxen unless it's performed in a special way.)

Luxen felt something wave over him, it was pain but it didn't last for long. He looked at the man coldly showing no emotion that would let the man believe his spell had worked. The spell was ancient and very powerful but more importantly would need a wand to perform correctly otherwise you were only giving a mere fraction of the spells effects. Luxen's grip on the man's throat had slightly lessened though quickly he recovered, "Nice try but magic doesn't work on me" Luxen lied as he used his other hand to pry open the mans mouth and grab a hold of his tongue with his index finger and thumb, Luxen finger's burned with dark power as he was about to do something horrible to the man. The man was too dangerous if he knew an Ancient spell like that and so the only way to fix it would be to use his dark power and rip the man's tongue out so that he'll never be able to say those words again. More importantly he would remember just who he was dealing with as a knife flew towards the man's broken arm. "You'll never forget me" Luxen said with a smirk as the knife cut itself into the man right where the dark mark was, forming a giant 'L' over the Skull and Serpent "Because I'm more then just skin deep" Luxen said coldly

Leah stepped forward into the light, allowing her presence to be known. It did not matter if Luxen saw her, he probably already knew she was there, anyway. A flood of memories rushed into her mind, she remembered Link saving her life from Luxen, and her worry that he was dead. The wand in Leah's hand felt utterly useless, she knew nothing could stop this dark presence and it fascinated her somewhat.
"Luxen." She said, hoping to bring attention away from this apparent death eater. One day she would become one of them, and she needed to start her journey in the right way, even if it was being tortured by Luxen, just to help a future fellow comrade.

Rufus eyes narroweded down at the dark presence as he waited for a minute to see if the spell had done its work. It seemed to have effected him however with a minimum ammount. Feeling the grip on his throat losen he took deep gulps of air, his breathing becoming heavy. Watching with horror locked in his eyes as Luxen steched out his tongue, he spit at the presence as he could neither scream nor speak.

In a physical fight to keep the knife away from reaching his tongue he grabbed the knife with his free hand that wasn't injured and pushed it back however the force that the knife exerted on him was too much. He heard the female call the dark presence, maybe she knew him. Rufus was amazed to see the braveness in her eyes. Maybe this little distraction would give him just the time to escape.

Pushing away the knife with all the force he thrust it towards the floor and waving his wand vanished it sucessfully. Waiting for just the fraction of distraction his eyes moved to the teenager as he thought in his head how he would esape from Bleak Street and take her as well. Yes, he did not know her and the dark presence did but he could not trust on the fact that the dark presence and the girls were allies and she wouldn't be hurt.

He would, if fate allowed like to learn about what the girl knew about the dark presence, Luxen.

Luxen did not look at the girl or acknowledge her presence as a copy of himself appeared around her and wrapped his hands around her throat, not in a strangling sort've way but in a fear type of fashion. Luxen's hands were like a collar that could bring about the girl's death an in instance should he choose. "Tell me, Leah was the fact that I let you live last time the reason why you think your so brave?" the copy Luxen said as his hands tighten. "Do you not see just how lucky you were last time that I chose to let you live?" Luxen said as he tightened it even further so that air would start to be disrupted. Leah would simply have to die if she was ever going to learn the all important lesson that made up Luxen and what he really was. Meanwhile the Real Luxen still had Rufus's tongue and while the knife may have been gone he still prevented the boy from casting any harmful spells at him.

"I'm going to rip you tongue out by the roots, with my own hand" Luxen smirked as he began pulling on the boy's tongue slowly. "When I'm through with you, you'll never be able to say another spell again" Luxen said as he pulled a little more, however he looked up at the sky just as the copy Luxen did and smiled slightly. Something else had caught Luxen's attention, it wasn't something that would be able to wait as both Luxen's simultaneously released there victims "sorry, important business" Copy Luxen said to Leah as the Real Luxen said to Rufus "But if wait here for just a moment, I promise I'll be right back and we can finish what we started" Luxen said cordially enough as both Luxen's vanished from the spot, Luxen was rather annoyed that he had let Leah live for the second time but it was of no real matter, she was stupid and in the end Luxen was sure she would return again and again in Bleak Street which would only end in one result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back