• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Unsure

• Total voters

Ben Gray

Well I was thinking ( :o ) which for some strange reason got me to think. Do aliens actually exist?

I have a mixed feeling on this. I do and don't believe there are Aliens out there. I don't believe in the stereotypical alien, in the sense that they're green and have 8 fingers and 3 feet. I believe their is something out there, but not the way movies advertise them to be. Thinking about this I imagine one to not be that disimilar to the likes of humans, except they speak they're own language, like a cross between klingon and gobbledegook. :) This also links onto many other topics related to Aliens, such as Crop Circles, possible UFO sightings. What do you think of these?

So what do you guys think?

Please note this is not a debate, more of a topic to post your thoughts and opinions :)

011_crop.jpg

This is going to be pretty long so brace yourselves..

I believe in them. Me and my friend Jenny we have been like looking into all this stuff for a project at school, and we believe they do exist because if you look at the proof in ancient history, how can civilizations have the intelligence to build 3 massive stone pyramids inline with a constellation, by bare hand and how did they find the tools and such? Also, the Mayan's and Aztec's they built massive metropolis's using stone, that have steps, and platforms at the top, and they used to sacrifice children and adults to their 'gods' that gave them fruit and life.

skull_cairo.jpg

This is a photo of Nefertiti the Goddess who lived in Ancient Egypt, notice this Goddess's head. Her skull is extremely elongated, this would mean her brain would be much larger than a normal human's. Therefore making her extremely intelligent. Don't you find the shape rather odd?

skull_cone2.jpg

This is clearly not a human skull, we have been fed a variety of unlogical explanations as to why this skull has this formation. Several like it were found in Peru with small variations. Many artifacts that were clearly of Egyptian origin were also found in Peru dating back to the time of the Ancient Egyptians. However these two cultures and countries were not supposed to have had contact back then being so far from each other. Many odd things are found in Peru, the Nazca lines, a set of animal and geometrical lines engraved onto the ground which extend for miles. Engraving these lines would require a view from above to do them correctly, yet they were not supposed to have aircraft back then. So how did they do it?? This skull gives us a good idea. If they had brains big enough to fit into these skulls they could obviously find ways to fly in aircraft or spacecraft no doubt.

Heres a picture of those lines: http://library.sjsd.net/Images/nazca%20lines.gif
There are loads more but thats just one of the many.

Look at this picture: http://www.alien-ufo-pictures.com/akhnatonbabies.jpg

The next picture is an engraving in Ancient Egypt, notice the hats worn by the two adults, could they be covering their large heads and skulls? Notice the 2 babies, one on the left has an elongated skull, so do the 2 on the right. Could all these facts be just coincidences? Of course not? We are not all that gullible to keep accepting all these foolish arguments for all these obvious alien things we see around the world. Egypt, Peru, Mexico, Easter Island, we have been fed a bunch of baloney about the origins of all these incredible works and their builders. We are told in schools that the great pyramid of Egypt took 40 years to build and it's purpose was to bury a pharoah. Come on now, are we that gullible and were the Egyptians that gullible? Of course not, who would spend 40 years of hard labor building a pyramid just to stuff a dead body in it after 40 years of hard work. That hardly sounds logical for such an obviously advanced culture as the Ancient Egyptians. They invented their own language for god sakes, are we to think they were dumb enough to spend 40 years sweating their guts out for only burying 1 body. That is the stupidest thing we have been fed by Egyptologists to date. In Mexico the group of pyramids including the pyramid of the sun are known by people in Mexico by legend as "Place where the gods touch the earth." In all evidence this probably means where the aliens landed. Where they touched the Earth... Think about it, the pyramids are large stone monuments in Mexico with steps going down the sides. What better purpose for the steps than to allow the aliens to climb down the pyramids to the ground. That is the most logical reason for their construction. And to think that primitive people could build something so incredible is well not likely in all logic.

I agree with mostly what Lexi (above ) said. It sounds really good... though about the 40 years making a death bed, I don;t know about you but these Pharaoh 's were cruel, f they wanted something they wanted something and It usually got done, They built great buildings and etc in those days under slavery, therefore they had no choice ( slaves) to refuse

All the less, I believe in aliens or in other words other beings.

My reasoning for why I believe in them is quite simple.

The Earth, no no, our entire Milky Way galaxy is just a SPEC compared to the entirety that is space. How can there possibly not be another life form out there? Space is too huge to even be described! If our entire galaxy can just be a spec in space, I can only imagine what else is out there.

I find it quite dumb that they're looking for other life forms on other planets by water because what if those life forms don't need water to survive?

Sorry I have nothing scientific to provide or any reasonable answer, just simply that I do believe in them. But if I ever saw a UFO I would completely freak out to the point of insanity. :mellow:

Haha.
Been meaning to post in this in a while.
No need though - Abby basically mimicked my mind.
Yeah, how can't there be ET life, not necessarally 'aliens'. [in the form of big green monsters :lol: ]

I so need Snape for Occlumency :ph43r:

I do believe!

The Earth has been around for a very long time, 65 million years of that belonged to the dinosaurs, maybe Aliens came saw the dinos and said to heck with this place! (we probably would've!)

As for the 40 year death bed thing, keep in mind the Pharohs were thought to be living Gods and you don't just bury a God in any old building!

plus they had thousands of slaves, they had to do something all day right?

As for the Aliens I think there is evidence to suggest they may have influenced human's during our dawn think about it, in the past 200 years Man has learned how to fly and send information across the planet within seconds, we've left our planet and landed on our moon and our planning on traveling to the stars.

We've leaned how to manipulate the very fabric of time and space by creating the Atomic Bomb, mini Black Holes and newest to our colection of God Toys the Particle Accelarator which is theorised to bend time and space in it's own right.

We are awesome!

James Potter said:
We've leaned how to manipulate the very fabric of time and space by creating the Atomic Bomb, mini Black Holes and newest to our colection of God Toys the Particle Accelarator which is theorised to bend time and space in it's own right.

We are awesome!
Awesome, maybe, but we've completely screwed ourselves if anything goes wrong or one of those things falls in to the wrong hands... :oy:

I must admit, my friend at work said she saw a UFO last night while on her smoke break and I didn't believe her.

I think there is other life out there, perhaps in another galaxy. I don't think there is anything else in this solar system in any case, as we would have probably found out by now, but perhaps there is somewhere else in this vast universe. I must say I'm a bit of a skeptic and I won't be convinced of anything until I see it for myself, but I'm not going to doubt the existance of other life forms out there.

I voted yes, as I've always believed. I'm not saying I'm 100% right or wrong, just that I believe there is too much evidence and historical accounts to discount life other than ours. For Christians, the bible alone provides a wealth of information as well as very old paintings.

Wow for a second I thought I posted on Gaspard for a second then I realized it was Marko

I don't believe in Aliens at all, just a bunch of hooey

I believe in aliens, I'll say that. However, not the 'little green men' or Area 51 sort. That is, and I quote Nina, a load of 'hooey'. The chances that other intelligent species live near our little dust mote in the universe is on par with the LHC spawning black holes and devouring the Earth. That is slim to none. As an extremely conservative estimate, if we have been sending radio signals into space for roughly one hundred years, our presence has only been made aware to .02% of the Milky Way galaxy. By conservative, I mean that that figure is a result of only two dimensional distances, not factoring in three dimensional ones or stellar densities.

That aside, I do have reasonings that support the existence of other species. Life on Earth is, while an anomaly, extremely robust. When the planet was only a hellish place of roiling hydrocarbonic seas and volcanic landmasses, life was killed off multiple times. However, it (obviously) recovered. Later, when it had diversified to macroscopic scales, it was almost nearly obliterated five times. But again, it persevered. Quoting Jurassic Park:
If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, expands to new territory, and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously.

Which brings me to my next point: life can exist in the most bizarre circumstances. Until the past few decades, it was believed that all life required oxygen to live. Then it was discovered that various forms of bacteria that live deep under the Earth's surface get their energy from the chemical makeup of the rocks on which they live. Life has also evolved to survive the incredible pressures of the deep sea, and that's only the parts we've explored.

Despite all this, intelligent life is much rarer than any life at all. By intelligent, I am referring to the ability to construct edifices, grasp mortality, comprehend the structure of the universe, look for something besides itself etc... In the 4.5 billion year history of the Earth, humanity is the only form of life to fit that description. It took .8 billion years for life to first arise, and in the time of life's existence of modern humanity only covers .000053%. While life itself may be relatively quick to exist, intelligent life is hard to come by.

The most important factor for life on Earth is liquid water. No life could exist without it. Thus, we are putting a lot of interest into exploring Mars and Jupiter's moon Europa. If they contain liquid water, they might have life. Someone asked about this before, and I'll give a reasoning about the importance of water in the search for life. As I said, no life on earth would exist if there was no water. I'm not going to say that this means no other forms of life exist, but if we have seen nothing else, what's the reason to spend billions of dollars on a limb? Additionally, what would we look for? We have no idea what the signature of silicon-based life would be, so how would we know it if we found it? That said, there is a possibility that non-carbon-based life exists and should be explored when technological advancement and scientific knowledge make it more feasible.

To summarize, I think that life exists beyond our atmosphere, but it's not anything film-worthy. At least not near our small ball of rock. As a finality, I leave you with the Drake Equation:
847914dec26cc45ac2957da0054683de.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back