Excellent Delightful Mood

Sasha Hayden

Sasha had a big smile on her face. She knew she looked odd with that grin, but she was in a really good mood. She was looking through the shelves, trying to find a certain book. She was humming "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera, her favorite song. She would have been singing, but she knew she wasn't a good singer. Sasha loved the song.

She found the book she was looking for and walked over to a table, still humming. She stopped humming and started reading the book. It was such a good book. The way it was written, the plot, everything! She didn't notice anything going on around her.

Roze skimmed the shelves in the library looking for something to read. She hadn't read anything besides school books lately, and she wasn't too loaded with homework so she decided to find something to read for fun.

As she walked down the isle, she realized she was singing Beautiful by Christina Aguilera. She couldn't figure out why she was singing it. She hadn't listened to it lately or anything. Roze decided it must have been triggered by something... A word she saw or something someone said.

Roze sighed as she moved around to the other side of the isle and continued her search for a book, singing all the while.

Sasha looked up when she heard someone singing the very song she had been humming just a little while ago. She noticed a girl looking through the shelves. She put her book down and walked over to the girl. "Hi," she said, smiling. "I'm Sasha Hayden."

Roze heard someone speaking to her, so she turned to look. She saw a girl standing there smiling at her. She introduced herself, so Roze did the same.

"Hi," Roze said, smiling back. "I'm Roze Castro."

Sasha put out her hand for the girl to shake and realized she had seen the girl a few times in classes. But she hadn't said anything to her because she had been focused on whatever the lesson had been.

"Nice to meet you, Roze," Sasha said.

"Nice to meet you, too." Roze shook the girl's hand and smiled. "Hufflepuff, right?" She asked, wondering what made the girl suddenly decide to approach her.

Sasha nodded as she shook hands with Roze. "Yup, I'm in Hufflepuff," she said. She thought for a minute. "You're a Gryffindor, right?" she asked. She then thought of something else to say. "I heard you singing and uh, I had been humming that same song just a little while before. So uh, I decided to come over."

"Yep," Roze answered. Then, Sasha answered her unasked question. She had been the one that triggered the song in Roze's mind. Apparently she had been humming it before.

"Ohhhh! Roze exclaimed, probably too loud for the library. "That's why I was singing it!" She said, a bit quieter this time. "Sorry. I pretty much always have a song stuck in my head. It's usually triggered by something someone said, or a word I saw, or something I heard, but I usually can't figure out which one it was." She apologized, hoping she didn't scare Sasha with her sudden outburst and babbling.

Sasha stopped herself from taking a step backwards at Roze's sudden outburst. She giggled a little. It was funny after all. She nodded. "I get what you mean," she said. "So uh, what were you looking for? Because if you wanted some reading for entertainment I have quite a few suggestions."

Roze didn't know why she had such a sudden outburst like that. She usually wasn't very outgoing around people she didn't know. She kind of liked it, though. She liked being able to talk to people no matter who they were.

"Oh, yeah. Just something to read for fun. I've been studying so many school books lately I haven't had time to read just for the sake of reading." She answered when asked what she was looking for.

Sasha smiled. She tried to think of a few good suggestions. She had many, but didn't want to give her a pile of books so heavy that she couldn't carry them. "Well, I read this book and liked it," she said, taking a white book off the shelves. It had an apple on the cover. "It's called Heartbeat. It's about a girl and how her life changes the year that she becomes and older sister. I liked it a lot." Sasha found another book. It was brown with a lightbulb on the cover. "The City of Ember is quite good, too. It's about a twelve year old girl who trades jobs on Assignment Day so she can be a Messenger. And she goes off on quite an adventure."

Roze listened to Sasha's suggestions. They both sounded good.

"Ooh! I've heard of The City of Ember! It sounds pretty good. And the other one seems cool, too. I'll definitely read those." She said with a smile. "Thanks," she said.

Sasha shook her head. "No need for thanks," she said, the smile sticking to her face as though it was glued on. "You know, it's a habit to recommend books to people. Sometimes, I don't mean to but I do anyway. I love to read."

Roze giggled. "Yeah. Me, too. I recommend books all the time. I don't usually even know I've done it. It's sort of a subconscious thing, I guess." Roze laughed. "I read all the time, or, I used to. I'm going to try and read for fun more often, now. I just get so caught up with school." She sighed and looked down, wishing she had a little more time to read. Though, classes were almost done for the year. Then she had all break to do whatever she wanted.

Sasha nodded. "So uh, what's your favorite color?" she said. Then she realized that wasn't what she had meant to say. She turned pink. "Sorry, I meant to say, what's your favorite genre? I don't really have a favorite."

Roze giggled as Sasha corrected herself.

"Hmm... I really like historical fiction and fantasy. She paused, and then a thought occurred to her. She tilted her head and lowered one eyebrow in thought as she said, "Wait... is it called fantasy in the magical world? Or would it just be another type of fiction, then? Or... I guess... some of it would just be fiction, and some would still be fantasy, depending on what it was about? Hmm.." Roze was thoroughly confused, now. Living in two different worlds was finally starting to mess with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back