Enjoying the sun

Storm

Merman • Hippocampus Trainer
Wand
Golden Trident
Storm was lying on a rock, quite close to land, and enjoying the warmth of the sun. It'd been ages since he'd been above water, or spoken to any students. He shook his wet hair and let his tail flap in the water. What a nice day. Storm thought to himself as he rested his head against the rock. He looked over at his trident which lay next to him. Storm never let his trusty weapon out of his sight, just incase something happened. After a minute or so he closed his eyes, and let his mind wander, thinking of the shiny objects he had collected, the students he had met, and the merfolk. Storm lived in a cave close to the land, with only his pet Tadfoal; a creature that's half horse half fish, to keep him company. With a sigh, he grabbed his trident and dived down into the warm lake water, then continued to swim closer to land in hope to see any students sitting by the lakefront.

Vivienne had been wandering through the trees by the lake for a good half hour. Her face turned to the warm sun, she strolled here and there. She stopped occasionally to say hi to friends, or pick a flower. To jot down a song idea or just relax. Vivienne wanted to go for a swim, and luckily she wasn't wearing her uniform. Making her way closer to the lake, she pulled off her shoes and left them on the bank. Sitting down, she dipped her feet in the water and glanced around at the many wonders she called home. Vivienne moved her legs in little circles, watching the ripples change.

Then, as she looked along the water, she saw a reflection that puzzled her. There was a boy sitting on rock, not too far from her. Yes, that's normal, you'd think; until you noticed what he had in the place his legs were meant to be. Vivienne's eyes widened as the boy dove into the water, showing that he had a tail. A fish tail. Holy sandwich crusts!! she thought, completely in awe. Of course she knew what merpeople were, but never in her 12 years had she seen one for herself. Vivienne continued to sit, half in the lake, as her eyes followed the mysterious creature.

As Storm came closer he noticed a younger girl staring at him. He rolled his eyes, some of them were just so rude. Storm moved up to the girl, though he kept underwater so he could speak to her. "Didn't your parents tell you it's impolite to stare?" He asked in a musical tone, then gave the girl a mischeivous smile and let his golden trident come into view. "I haven't seen you here before, what's your name?" He continued, keeping the same musical, enchanting tone.

Vivienne noticed the merman turn and begin to swim towards her. She quickly looked away so as not to be caught staring. Unfortunately, she was just a second too late. "Sorry.." she said, slightly embarassed as she turned to face him again. Vivienne caught a quick glimpse of a golden rod-like thing. It was either a sword or a trident, but either way it was sharp. Not wanting to get on his bad side, she quickly answered his question. "Uh Vivienne!!" she said in one breath.

"Nice to meet you Uh Viviene!" Storm said with a grin. "So, you want to go for a swim? Or are you just going to stand there?" He asked, swimming back a bit to let the girl get in more. It was weird having to look at them underwater so Storm prefered it when they were either both under or both above, but either way, one of them couldn't speak seeing as Storm, being a merman, can only speak mermish, though it is translated through water, otherwise all she would hear was high pitched screeching, and the girl couldn't talk under water without losing air.

Vivienne laughed when Storm called her Uhvivienne. "Nice to meet you, uhmm.. nameless trident guy." she said lamely, not knowing what else to call him. When asked if she wanted to swim, she was slightly confused. How would she be able to talk or breath underwater? Putting a finger lightly on her cheek, Vivienne looked down into the water once again. "But.. how?" she asked, as she lowered herself into the lake a bit more.

Storm just floated there, looking at Uh Vivienne in disbelief. "You mean you can't swim? Or do you think I meant go underwater? We can still swim with you above, and I could give you a ride if your not all too good at swimming." Storm said, raising an eyebrow slightly at the girl. "And I'm Storm by the way." He quickly added, remembering he hadn't introduced himself yet.

Vivienne shook her head when the merman wondered if she couldn't swim. In reality she was actually quite good. "No no no, I can swim," she laughed, diving into the blue water. As she opened her eyes underwater, she took in the marvels of the lake. It looked unbelievably deep; as if there could be a whole other world in the shadows. Swimming upwards, Vivienne broke the surface and took a deep breath. Pushing the hair out of her eyes, she glanced back down to the merman. "I was just wondering how I'd talk underwater, but I guess I can just talk like this." she finished her sentence, before doing a quick twirl in the water. "Storm, that's a nice name," Vivienne smiled, swimming closer to him. Thinking for a second, she realised that she had many questions about the merpeople. "Hey Storm, does your voice sound different underwater?"

"While I'm underwater or if we're both underwater, you can understand me in english." Storm replied, waving his hands to the water around him. "But if my head is above water and I try to speak then it will come out as a high pitched screeching sound, and it's not very pleasant." He continued, then gave another mischeivous smile. "Want to hear me above water?" He asked, looking at Uh Vivienne with a daring face. It was weird having to look up at the students, unless they wanted to hear him out of water, but most rarely did.

"Oh, um, no thank you," Vivienne laughed when Storm offered to speak out of the water. She was very protective of her hearing, as music was literally her life. If she were to damage it in anyway, Vivienne didn't know what she would do. "Are there many others like you? I heard the lake could be pretty dangerous.." she said, doing another twirly move in the water.

"Others like me? Yeah there's heaps or Merfolk, and a giant squid, and a shark, we have a few Grindylows in the city apparently that some Merpeople keep tied to a stake as pets, and a few Hippocampuses. Nothing that bad really." Storm replied, bringing his tail up the the surface slightly and flicking some mud off, then glanced back at Uh Vivienne for a reply, or maybe a look of shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back