Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
[Open after Charlie]

Estella couldn't help but be happy to go back to Hogwarts for a second semester. She had been doing pretty well with her school work, and had even been making a few more friends lately which was very fun. Home was a little boring sometimes, and also quite loud, with her younger sister always causing havoc. She really hoped that Evie would mature soon, if that was even possible, as it would make being at home with her a little more bearable. The Hufflepuff awoke that morning feeling like she needed a nice long walk. She wasn't hungry for breakfast, and so instead made her way past the Great Hall and outside to the grounds. She walked along, not really sure where her feet were taking her. She debated whether or not she should head to the gardens to pick some flowers for her flower crowns. Her mind was quickly changed however as she realised she really did not have any sort of permission to do that, and so simply kept walking. Soon enough, she came across a place she had never been to before. It seemed like the end of the road. A cliff was just up ahead and Estella hesitated a little. She didn't want to approach it due to her fear of heights, and so simply stood stationary a little away from it, letting the wind flow through her hair.

Flynn had felt as though the holidays had gone past far too quickly. While he didn't really mind being back at school and was looking forward to getting back to Quidditch, he wasn't particularly looking forward to classes all that much. And especially given the fact next year was going to have to start worrying about OWLs. Growing up sucked, he had decided. Not really having much going on that morning and not hungry enough for food, Flynn had decided to head out towards the cliffs. While he was aware they weren't allowed there, he usually just elected to ignore that rule much like he did most other rules the Professors tried to force on them. And while he was expecting to be alone, he was surprised as he approached to see someone else standing there. Flynn frowned. "What are you just standing there for?"

As Estella heard a voice from behind her, she couldn'thelp but be a little startled. She jumped slightly, turning around and smiling slightly at Flynn. She didn't mind Flynn, and was admittedly grateful that it was him rather than a complete stranger. It made conversation much more easier. She suddenly became a little insecure at his question however, as she wasn't really sure what she was doing herself, but decided to shrug it off. "What else is there to do?" she asked conversationally, turning back to the view. She still didn't take any more steps forward, not wanting to show Flynn how nervous she was about doing so. She wondered if he frequented there a lot, and if perhaps there was something about the cliff that Estella didn't know. "I was just going for a walk. I honestly didn't know this place existed."

Admittedly, he had asked the question but didn't actually care much for the answer. But he was curious when she asked what else she could be doing. "I dunno," he offered with a small shrug of his shoulders, "Most people actually go to the edge and not just hang back here. Or they jump off the lower parts into the lake. That's pretty fun." Though you could get into trouble for that if a Professor happened to catch you doing it. He'd done it with Finn before, jumping from the rocks a little closer to the water. "But you're telling me you've been here all this time but didn't know the cliffs were here?" That seemed every so slightly impossible unless she stayed inside literally all of the time.

Estella tried her best not to blush when Flynn kept questioning her. She tried to cover up her embarrassment. "It's much prettier back here." she lied, too stubborn to admit that she was too scared to go any further. "And what do you mean people jump into the lake? Is there a lake at the bottom?" She figured if that was the case, she would feel a little safer. After all, Estella could swim, and perhaps it would be sort of fun. At his question, Estella shrugged. "Well, no offence at all, but I'm not like you Gryffindors. I don't go exploring all of the time. I'd prefer to do other things with my friends." she explained.

Flynn couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, "Hardly. You can't see anything from back here." At least near the edge you could get the full view of things. From standing all the way back here you couldn't see much of anything. He did have a feeling she might be lying about things. "Yeah, the cliffs are right next to the lake. How do you not know that?" You didn't even need to go to the cliffs to know that, you could clearly see them from down by the lake as well. "You don't need to go exploring, it's not like they're hidden. Heck, we're even told we're not allowed here. Have you been living under a rock for the past four years or something?"

Estella couldn't help but become slightly annoyed at Flynn's words. Her cover was clearly about to blow, and she needed to prove to him straight away that what she was saying was true, even though it wasn't. She balled her shaking hands into fists and began to take a few steps towards the edge. She kept her chin high in her best attempt to appear confident, before then quickly looking down to see the water below. She was sweating a little, scared that if she leant forward any more that the force of gravity would take her down. "Oh! Uhh, what do you know? There actually is a lake." she said a little nervously, not wanting to look down for too long. She then quickly took a step back and a small sigh of relief escaped her lips. She was definitely not going to do that again any time soon. "I guess you're right then. Maybe going exploring is what I need to do. None of my friends are interested in it though." She tried to turn it into an excuse, just wanting the conversation to end soon.

The Hufflepuff was acting incredibly suspiciously and Flynn instantly wanted to try and probe deeper to find out why. And then he watched as she edged closer to the edge and suddenly it made sense. He grinned, holding back laughter at the sudden realization. "Hold on," his voice almost sounded far too pleased as he inched closer to the girl, "You're scared. You're afraid of heights or something, aren't you?" He didn't really know what he was going to do with this information or anything, but surely it was useful information to have all the same. Maybe there would be a time where he would get to use it against her or something if she really ended up annoying him or anything. He folded his arms, that annoyingly pleased grin still on his face. "You don't need people to go exploring. You can just go anytime by yourself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back