Driffting ((Brian))

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
After she had gotten back to Paris and gotten over the crazyness in Ollivander's Zazuka had fallen back into her dreamy state. She was happy for this. She didn't want another year like the last one where her head hurt all the time. She liked the clouds. Among those clouds where thoughts of Brian Gatathorn. Her heart sored now that they where together. It was as if her greatest wish had come true. This was the same feeling that she got when she had first reseved her Hogwarts letter. Nothing could parallel it.

Something had come close though. The feelings Zazuka had gotten while in the arms of Andrew. She hoped beond hope that he was doing well. She would hurt if she learned that he was hurting. Zazuka had not meant to do such a thing. She dwelled on it for only a moment longer then let her mind wonder off. Hufflepuff had won the house cup. She was sure that Violet was most pleased. Again she dwelled on the thought of the house cup for only a moment then let her mind set a drift again, never touching on any one subject for too long. She had missed this over the last year. She was not meant to keep her feet on the ground Zazuka felt. She was meant to drift among the clouds. She thought like this while passing the crystal looking glasses in the setting sunlight. This made the gold look like it was on fire.

Brian smiled as he wrapped his arms around Zazuka, "what brings you to a place like this?" Brian asked slightly as he looked at the trophies, they had suceeding in tricking his parents and despite a warning letter from the ministry telling Brian not to use underage magic in the presence of muggles the summer had been relatively peacefull. Brian had apologized for what had happened but knew that he didn't need to anymore, Brian didn't know what had caused that madman to attack the people of Paris like that or who had finally stopped him and at this point he didn't care. He'd gotten in trouble with the ministry thanks to that man and so all he wanted to do was get back to his studies and enjoy being with his girlfriend. Brian enjoyed being with her but could tell that something was bothering her.

Brian released Zazuka and turned towards her looking down at her, he'd grown a few more inches and had a few whiskers under his nose. Brian was growing up just like all the other students. Brian had ignored Andromeda on the train and even at the feast, perhaps Zazuka felt bad over that. Brian was sorry if he was putting Zazuka in the middle but it wasn't as if Andromeda was making any attempts to talk to him, as if he wanted her too. Brian had given up on the vision he'd seen because all it had done was cause pain and suffering to all three of them. Brian didn't hate the future he was seeing now, Zazuka was important and that was enough for him. "So do you want to tell me what's on your mind?" Brian asked curiously wondering if Zazuka would tell or not.

Zazuka felt a familer pair of arms around her. She smiled her dreamy sunshine smile and sank into his embrace. "My feet. I don't really know what I'm doing here but I know I was going somewhere." She with a sigh. "I'm happy to be back. I didn't like last year at all, too much pain." She said looking up for a moment. She reflected on Paris and the wonderful trip that Brian had given her despite what happened on the bridge. She never dwelld on that memory for too long. She too had gotten in a bit of trouble but she knew that they couldn't prove that the mad man had been there so they had to take the punishment quietly.

Zazuka looked up at Brian when he let her go. It was strange looking up at him when she was used to looking down. It was also a slight relief. Zazuka was not shallow in the least but it had bothered her a bit that she had been taller than her boyfriend. Everything was perfect now. "Do you really want to take that trip with me?" She said laughing slightly. He knew like everyone knew that her mind carried her everywhere. "Among other things Andy, Andrew, Cania who gave me the cold shoulder in class the other day I had thought we where good friends but then again that could have only been because I was dating Andrew. It would be sad if it was. Violet came in and out of my thoughts for a moment." She said her voice trailing off a bit as she thought of the shy Hufflepuff. "And you." She finished with a sort of shy smile on her face.

Brian frowned "I'm okay but..." Brian said trying to find the right words. "I thought Andy and you were okay?" Brian asked curiously, he didn't think Andrew would be too happy and didn't know Cania but thought that there treatment of Zazuka was unjust and childish, they were all fourteen now and could easily stop playing stupid games like this. Not that Brian had ever really played those games but he still didn't think they should give Zazuka the cold shoulder. Brian wondered if perhaps his relationship with Zazuka might not be going so well, he had never imagine people would actually be against it or that their anger would last over the summer. Brian was happy to endure the trials but unfortunately it wasn't he that had to endure them. People seem to only be punishing Zazuka and that wasn't fair.

"We'll talk to them and try to work this out" Brian said deciding that the least he could do for Zazuka would be to break his vow not to talk to Andromeda. Two years ago he was willing to travel across the world to rescue her from Durmstrang and now they were silent to each other, they didn't even write a letter. Zazuka had been very good about remaining neutral and never brought up the subject of Andromeda to which Brian was greatfull. Brian didn't know how to handle the future very well but deeply wished he did. Brian hugged Zazuka closer "I'm sorry for this, you don't deserved to be treated this way" Brian said with a bit of bitterness at the people that would act in such ways.

At once Zazuka knew that the way she had spoken had confused her meaning. She didn't mind all that much. Brian brought her closer to him. She leaned up and kissed him softly. "No to retrace my path if I can. Andy and I are fine I just can't shake the feeling that there is even more pain in her future. I had a nightmare which is not that strange seeing as I have more houres in a day tha most people because of them but I remember a bit of this one. There where flames everywhere." She said then placed her arms on Brian's shoulders.

Zazuka started to think back more. She couldn't really trace all that she had been thinking about but she came to another of her stops. "Andrew seems to be avoiding my eye really. It was just Cania that seemed to want nothing to do with me. I don't really mind. It's her choice and I bare her no ill will because of it." She said plasicidly though she was a little sad about it. She was comfertable here in Brian's arms so she couldn't feel too sad about anything. "You don't have to feel sorry about anything. I'm used to being pushed aside. It doesn't happen to much here but not everyone can like what happened between us right?" She said shugging her shoulders.

"Who cares!" Brian said a bit angrily, Brian had never interfered in anyone's relationships and it wasn't as if Brian stole Zazuka from Andrew. Not really since he fancied going around flirting with other girls and ignoring Zazuka, what did he think the result would be? "The whole lot of them should just get over themselves" Brian said a bit defensively. Brian didn't like the way they were treating Zazuka but more importantly he didn't like the feeling that he was unable to help her when she needed it.

In a way this was worse then Paris as at least he knew a spell that could help her. Brian wondered if there was a spell that could make Zazuka feel better and decided that it wouldn't be anywhere on the side they normally visited. Brian decided to go check the Restricted Section and see what it had to offer knowing that he would need to recieve permission slip from one of the professors. Brian began to think about it as he turned towards Zazuka "I'm going to make this up to you, I promise" Brian said with a smile even though he wasn't quite sure how he was going to do it.

Zazuka smiled her gentle smile. She could not explain herself in regular words she realized. "I care for the world around more than I should I guess. There have to be better things to talk about. There is nothing for you to make up for." She said kissing Brian on the cheek. She didn't want Brian to worry so much though it seemed sort of conferting that he was worrying about her. She really didn't understand why Brian though he needed to make up for anything. He had shown her love and she was greatful for that. He didn't do anything wrong not in her eyes anyway.

Brian was there for her when the world around her crumbled and she channeled that entedy that broke her arm. She could fell that Andrew too was getting better. He was still a little hurt. Zazuka's eyes unfocused for a bit then came back in all their glittering glory. "I wish I knew what this meant." She said more to herself than to Brian. She had just seen fire again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back