Down at the lake, warts and all. * closed *

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin had waited patiently in his dorm room until all was quiet and then snuck out a few minutes before midnight. He was wearing his Hogwarts Hoodie and his Headless Hat again, although at this time of night they wouldn't be offering him any protection if he were caught out on the grounds. He carried his shoes so that he made as little noise descending the stairs and emerged outside without being noticed.

Bruin slipped on his shoes and sprinted across the grounds, anxious to meet with Bellatrix and find out what was going on. The warts still riddled his skin from head to toe and he needed answers from Bellatrix if he were going to be able to get rid of them. Her answers had better be good he thought to himself, hoping that she could shed some light on the situation at hand.

Bruin reached a tree near the lakefront and leaned against it, looking out over the grounds and waiting for the Slytherin girl to arrive.

Swiftly and quietly, Bellatrix dressed in her dark robes and slipped out of the Slytherin Common Room. Making not a sound, something she had grown to do quite easily. Descending the stairs so quietly, like a ghost, she glided through the front doors of the school, anxious to meet Bruin. She had never planned for things to get out of hand, especially like this, and felt nauseated at the fact, that she had dragged Bruin down with her. As quickly as possible she ran towards the lake, spotting a dark figure under a tree. She slowly removed her hood, revealing her pale skin against the moon light, approaching him. Seeming even more paranormal. "Bruin..." she greeted softly.

ooc; Sorry....sort of a crap post.

Bruin watched as a figure moved across the grounds towards him and recognized Bellatrix as she neared him. "Hey Bellatrix..." He replied relatively cheerfully, despite the circumstances as he removed the Headless Hat to reveal his normally cheery features covered in a series of hideous warts. "So, what do you think of my new look?", he joked.

"Its...." was all Bellatrix could manage to say, a wide eyed expression, glued upon her face. "Bruin..." she gasped. "I...I am so sorry!"

"Don't be, I mean it's not like it was your fault." Bruin replied, trusting that Bellatrix had told him the truth when she said she hadn't pranked him and put a charm on the door herself. "Can you think of anyone who might have wanted to do this to you though?"

"No..." Bellatrix said softly, knowing that if his question was directed to knowing that she had been blackmailing someone, her answer would have to be yes. "The only people I know who would be powerful to do a spell such as that...would probably have to be a Professor. I don't think many of the students even know of magic like this..."

"Yeah, that's what I've been thinking as well. I've actually been reading everything I can about this kind of stuff in some books I have back in my dorm room and I think this kind of Marking Charm is definitely too hard for a student." Bruin replied, thinking aloud. "My question is why would a prof want to have someone, especially a student, covered in warts like these. I don't see Professor Heimdall being a prankster or mean like that. There must be a reason."

"Bruin..." Bellatrix began softly, biting her lip. She was eventually going to have to tell him...he was going to have to find out. "I don't think the Professor was trying to prank anyone..."

Bruin was hoping that Bellatrix would be honest with him and it appeared she had more information to give. "What do you mean? Why do you think her door was marked with that spell?" He asked, hoping for more information and honesty from Bellatrix. He had hoped that he hadn't made a big mistake lying to professors and his head of house for nothing. If Bellatrix wasn't going to lie to him than at least the faith he had placed in her wasn't wasted.

"She probably wanted to catch someone..." she continued, her voice even softer. "I am sorry I got you into this..."

"Catch who?" Bruin questioned. "And what exactly did you get me into?" The time for beating around the bush was over. Bruin wanted answers to these questions and hoped that Bellatrix wouldn't be vague or evasive.

"Me..." she said softly. "I...I didn't mean to get you into any thing like this...it wasin't this bad before..." she started, avoiding his other question.

"Well, we're both in it now..." Bruin said, stating the obvious. "The question is how are we going to get out of it? I can't figure out how to get rid of these things on my own and I don't know who I can ask for help. I've already lied to Heimdall, King, Manteia and Keller about what's going on. Who else can we turn to? I'm screwed if I try walking into the hospital wing looking like this."

"I know..." Bellatrix said softly. Guilt swarming her. "What did you tell them...?" Maybe there is some way to un-do the lie... she thought.

"I sent them notes saying I had been called home for a few days to deal with a family issue. I said I'd be back within the week so I've only got a few more days to figure out how to get rid of these warts or I'm busted. I even lied to Sophia about it and she probably would have helped had I told her the truth, but probably not now..." Bruin lamented, recalling that Sophia worked in the hospital wing from time to time.

"Do you know anyone who might know about this stuff who isn't necessarily tied to the school?" Bruin asked, wondering about connections Bellatrix might have with the outside world. He had purposefully ignored asking why Professor Heimdall might have wanted to catch her, but would be going there next.

"Great, well I'd rather take my chances around here then." Bruin replied, recalling his only previous experience with Death Eaters being a rather destructive siege on Stark Manor that had resulted in a massive loss of house points and several warning letters from the Ministry of Magic, nevermind the hotwiring of a van and a high speed chase with the Muggle Police.

"Alright then. Only one more thing and you'd better answer me honestly or I'm going straight to Heimdall right now. What was in that envelope? Why was Heimdall trying to catch someone slipping something under her door?" Bruin stared at Bellatrix, intent on determining if she was still trying to hide anything from him.

ooc: Wow... XD Bruin.

"Same here..." Bellatrix mumbled. "And nothing!" Bellatrix lied, knowing that they both knew very well that, that wasin't the case. Yet lieing was second nature to her, it was all too easy. And she couldn't face the truth...but maybe she was going to have to. Yet...if Bruin went to Professor Heimdall, she could easily frame...would she really betray a friendship for her own freedom...? "Bruin..." she began softly again, making her decision. "I was blackmailing Professor Heimdall...thats what you slipped under the door...thats how all my blackmailing letters have been reaching her...all year..."

Bruin's jaw dropped, not only that Bellatrix was blackmailing someone, but even more shockingly that the person was Professor Heimdall. What could she possibly have done to be blackmailed about? Bruin thought to himself. Bruin began to realize that if it was serious and he went to Professor Heimdall that he might end up in the lake wearing a pair of cement shoes. He wanted to press the issue further, but part of him just wanted to get back to Gryffindor before they got caught and figure out how to distance himself from this whole situation.

"Aw crap..." He exclaimed. This had gone from bad to worse very quickly. "Listen, I've got to think about some things...see if I can't find out how to get rid of these warts before exams..." Bruin stated. "How about you try and figure some things out about these warts in the library without drawing too much attention to the issue and we'll meet again here tomorrow? Send me an owl if something comes up, okay?"

"Yeah...I know." Bruin replied. Bellatrix certainly appeared sincere in her regret, but he couldn't help but wonder if deep down she wasn't relieved that she wasn't the one walking around with the markings of a would-be blackmailer. Bruin looked across the moonlit grounds at the darkened castle. He hoped that his return trip to Gryffindor was as uneventful as his venture out to the lake. "Alright then...I'll see you tomorrow. Good luck!" Brun whispered as he headed back towards the castle.

As Bruin made his way across the grounds, he couldn't help but think that he was no longer as safe hiding out at Gryffindor as he had been before. Someone may have noticed Kiera sneaking the food in or the owls flying in and out of his window. He decided that he'd go collect a few things, feed the cats, and then head off to the Brotherhood's clubhouse for the next few days. It's password was known to only a few and Bruin didn't suspect those few had used the place in quite some time. Plus, he could set up his Sneak-o-Scope at the door which would alert him to any suspicious characters lurking around outside.

Bruin took off his shoes as he entered the castle and made his way silently up to his room. He gathered up some food, clothes, his wand and broom, his time-turner, and a few other surprises from his closet and exited as quietly as he'd arrived. The next 24 hours would be tough with his only real hope of ridding himself of these warts resting with the enigmatic Bellatrix Green, a thought that scared the bejeezus out of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back