Don't be dumb.

Ferdinand Oakley

OOC First Name
Annaleise
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Ferdinand loved having a routine. For an intelligent kid with a frighteningly short attention span, he found comfort knowing his day was always planned out. He loved school so much, and of course he loved learning, he always had. But the one thing that Ferdinand would always love most about going to school was being able to organize his day. It barely made sense to him, but Ferdinand was at his most productive with a set routine. He planned out everything to the minute, when to have breakfast, when he would go to lunch, when he'd meet up with Kels, everything. He knew it was pretentious, but he enjoyed it all the same. After finishing a quick hour of study, he strolled to the rosebush, sat down, and began to wait. Typically, Kels was never on time. This afternoon was no exception. As usual Ferdinand was prepared to wait. This was how it always went, and was probably the reason Ferdinand had stayed friends with Kels for so long, if not for her bubbly and unique personality, for the familiarity of it all. Throughout the past five years, Ferdinand had changed so much in appearance and personality, yet in his eyes Kels hadn't changed a bit. Their meeting place hadn't changed either, and neither did their back and forth banter about any and every subject they could think of. She was nothing short of the perfect best friend, and probably the only real constant in his life. Twiddling his thumbs, the fifteen year old patiently waited for his best friend to arrive. He hoped Kels would arrive sooner rather than later. He needed to do something fun, something light hearted which didn't involve too much brain power, he just wanted to relax and hang out after studying so hard.

Kelsey Ariyah Boneheart was in a better mood then she had been previously. She wasn't as angered over the loss of her brother as she had been the day before and she was slowly beginning to accept it, which was really quite a good thing. She didn't, however, regret cutting her hair. It had been quite empowering. Of course, now that it was so short, she didn't know how to work with it. She was so used to the brushing and pulling and twisting, that having it in sort of a cropped bob was rather unusual. She really liked it though. What had started off as a rebellious way of getting back at her mother, had just become a fashion statement of a new dawn of Kelsey. Nothing was really different about her except that she had discovered a whole range of new emotions, but it was the fact of the matter that she was now a different person... sort of. Kelsey smiled at herself in the mirror, stuck the pink bow in her hair and headed out of the Hufflepuff common room to meet up with her best friend. Kelsey always missed Ferdinand when he wasn't around. She had been meaning to invite him to her house, but they had always gone away on a holiday that it was hard to invite another person over.

Now she had an excuse though. Kieran wasn't around anymore, they only time he could see Ferdinand was if he came over to her house, so Kelsey knew exactly what she was going to do. Well, maybe, there was something she had to do first. When Kelsey had gotten back to school, she had noticed that most of her friends were now dating. She wasn't and she really didn't want to miss out. The only person she would even think of asking out was Ferdinand, so that was what she was going to do. If he said no, well, that was that, no harm done, but if he said yes, she would have a boyfriend and she would know what it was like. In some ways, Kieran not being here was a good thing. There was no way he would approve of Kelsey having a boyfriend, it would be weird to him. As Kelsey got down to the Rosebush, she saw Ferdinand was already there and was not at all surprised. Always on time. That was her Ferdi. "Ferdi! Hi!" She called, plonking herself down next to him. Holding out a bag she grinned and raised an eyebrow. "Jelly Baby?"

Ferdinand withheld laughing at the sight of his friend. There were many different things about Kelsey's appearance today, but the first thing he caught eye of was her bright pink dress. All he wanted to do was make fun of her and point out she was wearing the brightest pink he'd seen his entire life. He couldn't compare the color to anything else, but it seemed after a long four years Kels had finally turned into a jelly baby. This realization made it even more hilarious. Unable to keep it in anymore, he began to laugh. She just looked so ridiculous. "Oh my god you look like a jelly baby." He would have felt bad, but this was what friends were for right? Pushing each other's buttons and shamelessly calling out poor fashion choices. Ferdinand would expect the same treatment if he looked like damn marshmallow. Luckily, he wasn't stupid enough to go outside in such a state. "You are what you eat though, right?" Playfully, he nudged her shoulder with his own. "Only took four years before you finally turned into one."

After he was done taunting, Ferdinand declined Kelsey's offer of a jelly baby, only now noticing her new haircut. "Your hair is shorter." He was stating the obvious, but to him it wasn't so obvious. In his eyes her hair didn't stand out as much as her dress even with the pink bow. If he chose to continue making fun of her dress, he wouldn't have noticed it at all. "Glad you didn't shave it all off though, you wouldn't suit the bald look." Shaking his head, Ferdinand decided to change the subject. He was done teasing Kels for today. All he wanted to do now was catch up with her and see how she was doing after the holidays. Ferdinand's holidays were boring to say the least. This year his family chose not to go on their annual trip, so he spent the better part of the winter break cooped up inside. He was certain Kels had more interesting things to do during the holidays, and he wanted to hear about it all. "So how was your break? Did you do anything interesting?"
<i>
</i>

Kelsey frowned at Ferdinand when he began to laugh. She wasn't sure what was so funny that would constitute a laugh, but there was obviously something. When he commented on her appearance however, she frowned even more, the depth of her brow leaving crinkles on her forehead. "What are you talking about? How do I look like a Jelly Baby?" She asked, looking down at her dress and then feeling in her hair for a bow. She didn't think she looked like a jelly baby, maybe she did. She didn't feel it though. She thought she looked bright and happy. Not like sweet. Kelsey took a jelly bean out of her proffered bag and popped it in her mouth, rolling her eyes slightly at her friends antics. He was just being silly now, what was he even talking about all of a sudden. "Do I seriously look like a jelly baby? Jelly Babies don't look like this." To make her point, Kelsey pulled yet another jelly baby out of her bag and held it at her collar, comparing it to the dress. They looked a little similar, but Kelsey's dress was multi coloured and the jelly baby was a solid. "I am not a jelly baby." She told him finally, returning her bag of sweets to her pocket when they were declined yet again. Not that she was surprised. Ferdi was nothing, if not persistent.

Kelsey nodded when Ferdinand made yet another statement about her appearance. "Indeed it is, I haven't decided yet whether or not I like it though." She told him, moving her hand up to play with her hair. She had liked the decision at the time and whilst it was liberating, it still felt weird. Ferdinand mentioning baldness, flashed pictures through Kelsey's mind about what she might look like if she was bald. She did not like it at all. Not one bit. "Ew, bald! No way, I have more sense then that!" Admittedly she was a little offended that he would even suggest such a thing. It was ludicrous. The mention of her break however, stung. Kelsey sighed. "My break would have been better with Kieran had come back with me." She said, sinking into the grass as she sat on her knees. "My parents decided when we were in France, that Kieran would be staying. It's part of the reason for my now short hair to be honest. I was so angry at my Mother, that I cut it off. Took nearly a whole month to get back to this length." She admitted, shoving her hands into her lap roughly. "I have never been so angry in my life. I don't like that emotion Ferdinand. I really don't like it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back