Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Oak 15" Core of Veela hair
Dietrich found himself a week without any matches. He was bored, and needed some time to himself. As he contemplated on how to spend his day without being tackled by the Thunder's fans, he got dressed in a casual outfit, feeling no need to dress up today. He styled his blonde hair appropriately, and smiled at himself in the mirror, his blue-green eyes sparkling. Though his outer appearance spelled, 'happy', he was nowhere near it. In fact, he was bored out of his mind!

Dietrich apparated to the Brightstone village, heading into a cafe and quickly coming out with a lotte. He took a healthy drink from it, and sat down at a bench. The dropout set the lotte between his legs, holding it there, as he retrieved a muggle note pad and a muggle pencil to write down ideas on how to spend his day. Then it hit him, shopping! This teenager's favorite hobby! His eighteenth birthday was on the way, and why not treat himself? Dietrich began to list of the good areas for shopping, naming cities all over the world, and sometimes scratching them off as well. He didn't feel much like traveling out of the country today.

Andromeda had left The Gables early, all glammed up for a day of relentless shopping. She had felt in the need for some serious therapy and Essie had suggested it. Having never really gone on a major shopping spree before Andy felt that it was probably about time. Straighening the curls out of her hair and applying just the barest amount of make-up she donned a short striped dress and jacket, knee high boots and gazing at her reflection thought she actually looked alright.

She didn't normally wear such clothes out and about but she wanted to look like a seasoned shopper and had every intention of enjoying herself. When finally she got to Brightstone she stopped in her tracks though, she knew there weren't any decent clothing stores here and Obsidian was just as bad. She had shopped in every single store that both towns had and knew there was nothing she hadn't seen before. As she strolled through the park, she found herself a bench and sat down on it contemplating her next move. This was ridiculous, why couldn't she apparate or have asked Essie to go along with her? Sighing just a little after all the care she had taken with her appearance earlier, Andy turned noticing only then a boy sitting on the bench beside her.

He was writing with a muggle pen and pad. Smiling she couldn't but resist saying something, anything.
"You don't see alot of those around here, though they are so much easier at times to use" he was simply beautiful and she wondered what it was about this Yuletide vacation that had all the blonde boys out in droves.

Dietrich scratched off France. He just came from there last week. Hmm, what else was there? Dietrich continued to scratch off names of cities with a hundred stores in them. And yet, none came to him. Auckland! He circled it, and heard a girl's voice. He turned to face her, a smile played upon his lips as his eyes centered upon her own. "Pretty convenient when you are in a hurry to do something fun." Dietrich put the muggle pen and pad in his jacket, and took another drink of his lotte.

Dietrich wasn't sure what to think of girls now. None really excited him, and the ones at Durmstrang were rather boring and all acted the same to him. So, he was pushed onto the guys, thus meeting Michael. The Quidditch player inquired, "Do you know whether or not Auckland has a mall or something? I am in dire need of a shopping spree. Must have one before a major one on my eighteenth birthday." Dietrich was friendly to strangers, and paid no mind to it. He also introduced himself, "Oh, I'm Dietrich Metzger." Dietrich smiled charmingly.

Andromeda was poised as she sat on the edge of the bench, there was something extremely familiar about the boy beside her. She always kept up todate in quidditch and though she adored the Irish teams she had become just as obsessed in the past four years with New Zealand and Australian teams. If she didn't know any better she would have said this was Deitrich Metzger from the Thunderlarra Thunderers, quite possibly the best team in all of Australia. The Warriors had yet to beat them this century though they always gave them a good run for their money. Andy smiled as he mentioned a shopping spree, the magic words literally and her suspicions were confirmed about his identity when he introduced himself to her.

"There is actually a huge shopping mall there" she told him wondering if he wouldn't mind an accomplice, "I was hoping to do some shopping myself but remembered how I've already pretty much cleaned out the stores here and in Obsidian. I don't suppose you'd give a girl a lift would you?"
He looked old enough to apparate, surely he wouldn't mind giving her a sidealong? The thought of shopping in a proper mall was almost too much as a smile grew on her face. She held out her hand to him.

"I'm Andromeda Fiorelli and I know perfectly well who you are. Any one who enjoys quidditch would be a fool not to" she too smiled at him, probably not with the same amount of devastation but then again Andy was always clueless as to how she affected people with her unusual looks. She had read in plenty of quidditch magazines about his personal life and knew she had nothing to worry about in that regard. Someone who preferred boys wouldn't give a fig leaf about her, but shopping on the other hand... hadn't Aries told her how 'gay' boys loved to shop. Here was someone with major bestfriend potential or at the very least 'best shopper' potential.

Dietrich finished off the lotte. Shame that it wasn't much better than firewhiskey, but the thing was, he could no longer drink because of him being a Quidditch player. Though he did like some wine from time to time. Dietrich flicked out his wand and cast Evanesco on the empty cup. He beamed, and thought that it was better than littering the road. After all, he also got to show off some of his magical skills. Dietrich grinned, "Actually, I wouldn't mind having someone with me. Trust me, I know the best outfits, the best games, everything." Dietrich added, "Shopping, I'm addicted to it. Better than drinking, I would have to say."

Dietrich clapped his hands together, and stood up on his feet. He held out his hand, and smirked, "Come on, then Andromeda Fiorelli. It's not everyday a girl gets to shop with a Quidditch star. Not that I'm being shallow or...conceited. I usually shop alone..." Dietrich cast his gaze down to the ground for a moment, and thought that he was rambling, something he hardly did. He shrugged it off and gazed down at her eyes, and thought that they were rather unique. He would definitely have to comment on them soon.

Andromeda was delighted, finally a shopping spree outside of the norm. The last time she had been to Auckland's huge Wizarding Mall was when she hadn't even started at Hogwarts, her father and mother had taken her as a treat. The stores were outstanding and to think she was getting a chance to go back now and to be going with Deitrich Metzger! She was no where near one of his groupies but she could appreciate how handsome he looked.

"Well I'd imagine you'd know the best outfits for boys but I'd highly doubt you'd be able to dress me" she winked at him as she stood up alongside of him, "And for your information Metzger my uncle Patrick O'Brien was a hell of a bigger quidditch star than what you're ever likely to be".

She couldn't help but get that in there, there was no point in her trying to enjoy her shopping trip if he was going to be reminding her of who he was and why he was famous. She placed her own hand in his and let her amber eyes travel up his chest before stopping at the face that graced just about every magazine over the past year.
"Oh, I'm sure you were just being a tad conceited after all you've earned it right? Now are we going to shop or stand around talking all day?"

Her smile was broad, extremely playful and lit up her rather pale features. She sincerely hoped that he wasn't going to be a bore for the duration of the shopping spree by constantly talking about fame and himself, if he happened to talk about quidditch on the other hand she'd be quite happy to talk all day.

Dietrich laughed, "You would be surprised on how familiar I am with women clothing. I dragged one of my best friends shopping, and dressed her nicely. But she turned into a hag." Dietrich shrugged lightly and rolled his eyes at the memory. His eyes lit up and he heard this information, "Your uncle played Quidditch? That is awesome!" He realized something, and it clicked, "Patrick O'Brien was your uncle?! Oh my god! I love him!" Dietrich paused for a moment, and noted the word 'was'. "Wait, your uncle is probably not the best subject for you, is it....? I'm really sorry... I get excited about other players." Dietrich wondered if he ought to just shut up now. He mentally slapped himself.

His fingers wrapped around her hand, and he sighed, "Eh, can't be so conceited after flying into the hoops the previous match. So, I try not to let it get to my mind. I can thank Demitris for smacking me in the back of the head when I get so...annoying. You do that too, just give me a smack." Dietrich focused and apparated to the middle of the mall. His blue-green eyes gazed around, and thought for moment. Where to? "You said let's hurry and shop, so where to, Andromeda?" Dietrich released her hand, and gazed around. He wasn't sure where to first, which was why he was giving her the first decision.

"And that to me is possibly the best reason why I won't be letting you help me" she laughed referring to his mentioning how his friend had turned into a hag after his help.
"Yeah, quite possibly the best quidditch player I've ever known" she smiled at him, it was good now that she had gotten to a point where she didn't have emotional break downs when talking about him, instead she could enjoy the memories she had of him and there were so many, "I got to see his final game at the world cup when the Irish team won back in 2018. That was possibly the best game of his entire career and he uses it to retire" she shook her head remembering but continued smiling as she did so.

"Please don't be upset, my uncle is always a good subject. He was one of my heroes and always will be" she smiled realising that they were now standing there in the park holding hands, thankfully nobody else seemed to have recognised the famous quidditch chaser yet. She had read about the incident he mentioned, wishing she had seen that particular game as it was supposed to have been great. Knowing she had her own battle scars from the quidditch pitch she didn't laugh at him though and tried not to admit she'd take him up on his offer either of smacking him over the head though she had the feeling that having his permission to do so might actually come in very useful.

Finally they apparated and Andy felt the crazy sensation once more of being sucked through a narrow tube at an incredible speed. As she released his hand as well, she looked about her. The place seemed bigger than what she remembered it to be.
"I'm not in that much of a hurry but there are tons of shops to get through and the way I've been growing lately, I so need clothes like yesterday" she grinned as she continued to slowly turn around until she saw what she was looking for.

"Over here come on" she walked over to a large slab that was floating about chest height, on it was a scaled map of the entire mall.
"Right those two dots there are us apparently. Mine looks so much cuter" she grinned as she continued to scan the map, "How about we start on that side there, the west wing on the first floor. The mezzaniene is all toys and kids clothing stores but the first floor is mainly fashion boutiques. Is that ok?"

Dietrich laughed, "No no, her fashion sense was amazing, but she turned into a....b!tch." He whispered the last word, and gave a sad face. "None of my friends really talk to her anymore." Dietrich beamed, "I loved him too. He was amazing! His skills, one of my role models. Top five of course." Dietrich rubbed his forehead slightly, still remembering the painful smash. At least they won... They did win, didn't they? Dietrich must have hit his head harder than he thought. He couldn't remember much about the game!

Dietrich folded his arms across his chest, and narrowed his eyes at the stores. The lot of them, he did not like. He wondered what he was going to do, where he was going to take her. However, he glanced around, and saw that she had already found the slab. Dietrich hurried over to her, and laughed, "You really can disappear when one doesn't loose focus." Dietrich glanced at the dots, and chuckled.

"You wish..." he teased. He thought for a moment, "Sounds good to me! As long as I approve of the store though." Dietrich smirked at Andromeda.

"Great then, always love when a plan is made. Makes the day run smoother" she didn't want to keep mentioning Patrick but she was very grateful to Metzger for speaking so highly and warmly of her uncle. The thought that he might have 'loved' her uncle in a different way entirely crossed her mind for a moment before she smiled as she brushed it aside. Her uncle had been a very handsome man and had tons of women after him constantly, so it was probably no surprise that there were men out there who would have liked him that way too.

"I tell you what, you pick the first store. I want to see you're shopping skills in action" she smiled as she walked over to where the floating platforms waited for them. Standing on the nearest one, she waited for him to join her.
"Now are we going for simply browsing or catwalk shopping?" she meant of course whether or not they would be trying on the clothes as well.

Dietrich smiled, and not a sound escaped his lips. His mind was processing the thought of her uncle being the role model he looked up to. However, Dietrich managed to not get a crush on him. The boys Dietrich liked were like Michael. Dietrich smiled to himself at the thought of Michael, and wondered where he was a lot of the times. The thought of him seeing someone, though they technically weren't together, hurt him slightly.

Dietrich gave her a playful smirk, which could be confused for flirting, "Okay then, I'll choose a very nice store." He stepped onto the floating platforms with her. "Catwalk, of course." Dietrich knew no other shopping way other than trying on the clothing. After he stepped off the platform, no doubt in mind that she would too. Dietrich scanned the area, before pointing to a store with high dollar clothing. "There."

Andy stepped off the platform and smiled as he pointed to a particular store. It was a good thing her stepfather had died recently she mused, other wise she would be flat out broke from this particular store alone.
"Oh great, I get to see the Great Metzger model then. Shame I didn't bring my camera" she grinned as she made her way to the store, "come on then, you know you're much faster on a broom".
With another cheeky grin of her own she waltzed into the store ahead of him and stood for a moment looking at all the clothes at hand. Andromeda was tall and very slender, though she had filled out fairly curvaceously over the past year she still found it difficult to find just the right size for her. She seemed to grow taller each year much to Essies disappointment, as her god-daughter was now towering over her at 5'7" tall.

Dietrich laughed, and shrugged, "I usually don't do photoshoots unless I am forced." He winked at her, and laughed again. Dietrich couldn't believe that she said that! He made his way to the store, but made sure his steps were slower than her. Dietrich entered the store, and smiled at all the clothes. His type. He waved Andromeda over to him as he made his way to the most stylish and high priced clothing. He stared at her eyes, and he spoke in a more serious tone, "You need a color that will definitely bring out the eyes. Amber, isn't that the color?" He flicked through the shirts, and wondered about a purplish one.

Andy followed him over to a rail full of different shirts and when he commented on her eye colour, had to blink as she looked at him. He had actually taken note of her eye colour? Then again they were unusual and she often got the feeling people noticed them before they noticed the rest of her.
"Yeah amber" she flicked through some herself but was more focused on what he would choose for her, wondering just how true the stereotype of gay men being great stylists was. She looked down at the short dress she wore and rolled her eyes at her long slender legs, knowing that getting anything decent to fit them had always been difficult. She looked back at him again, leaning on the rail a little.
"Well my fashion guru, what do you recommend?"

I actually suck at being stylish, so just imagine that he is being awesome at it. xD

Dietrich thought of her hair as well, and knew that this color wouldn't go along with it. He flicked through the clothing once more, and flicked through some more, before going over to another set of clothing. "My friend, choosing the right colors is crucial to match everything. Hair color, eyes..." He picked out a gorgeous shirt, and showed it to her. "This would look fabulous. Now, um, pants..." He zoomed over to the jeans section, glanced back and mentally measured her legs. Shrugging, he approached her without anything in his arms but the one shirt. He whispered, "Know what size you wear? Your legs are awfully long. Better yet." He whispered for a sales woman, and asked charmingly, "Can you see what size would be perfect for this young woman right here?"

Andy laughed as she watched him.
"Wow, no wonder I've always looked like I'm simply thrown together. I tend to wear any old colour at all" he seemed to be flicking through rails of clothes at any enormous rate of speed, seemingly not happy with any thing until finally he settled on a shirt. She had to admit it was fabulous and something she wouldn't even have thought of buying for herself.
She was about to answer him with her size but couldn't resist smiling as a shop assistant came over at his request and standing haughitly to the side began looking Andromeda up and down. Finally deciding on a size and making Andy feel extremely self conscious, the woman turned back to Deitrich and told him her exact waist measurement and leg length. Andy was amazed at the woman's skill and mumbled a thank you, though she seriously didn't know why she was thanking her.
"Ok so I've a tiny waist and legs that go on for miles. I know, I know. So sue me already" Andy had never seen her body shape in a positive light. When she had begun shooting up so quickly, she had always grumbled about how it would interfere with her quidditch playing, but no matter how tall she got she never slouched or slumped. She carried herself impecably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back