Doing Some Homework

Zoe-Hope Weasley

OOC First Name
Zoey
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4
Zoe wandered down to the Lakefront with her backpack slung around her left shoulder. She walked right to the lake, and sat down. She took off her shoes, and socks, dipping her feet into the cool lake.

It was too cold to go swimming, but not too bad just for her feet. She got out her school books, and started skimming through one of her textbooks.

[Hey hope its okay if I join :D]

Nina walked out of the Forbidden Forest with her guitar slung over her arm and she saw a girl that she recognized sitting alone by the Lakefront so Nina decided she would go over to her and see what she was doing. When she got closer she saw that it was Zoe, she had found Nina's wand in the Dungeons in the recent past. "Hey, whats going on?" Nina asked warmly.

Zoe was a little overwhelmed in her homework, that when she heard a familiar voice, she jumped, and her textbook fell into the water, and began to sink into it.

She looked up at Nina, trying to keep a straight face on. "Now look what you've done!" She exclaimed, taking her feet out of the water, and standing up in her spot.

"Accio Textbook." Nina said then the book flew out of the water and into her hand then said, "I don't suppose you know a spell that drys something out faster do you?" Nina looked at the girl appologeticly, but not all that much, she was after all a Slytherin of an opposing school.

Zoe smiled, "No, I actually don't." She wasn't really angry, she could just air-dry the textbook over-night and hope the ink wouldn't run.

"It's alright. Maybe, if I fly around with it flapped open, it will dry faster." She said with a wink.

"Oh I would like to see this one," Nina said smiling.

"Yeah, okay." Zoe responded with a slight smirk. She opened out her textbook, flat on the ground, under the sun, a few feet away from the lake.

She lay down on the grass, when it struck her. "Wait, Nina, you're one of the champions, aren't you?" She asked, feeling a little dumb she hadn't realized it earlier.

Nina blushed violently and said, "Yeah thats me."

Zoe got up, and leaned on her hands, behind her back. "Are you nervous? With the first task being so close?" She asked, not meaning to make her nervous, or anything like that.

"Um I am not all that nervous, I don't think it will be that bad, I mean I got the note, it is fairly simple once you have figured it out." Nina said with false confidence, she wasn't nervous for herself, more for Alex, she cared for him too much to loose him and this could be one big way to do that.

"Oh, I see." Zoe began, in a quiet tone. "So what did you discover from the note?" She asked. "That's, if you're allowed to tell me." She quickly added in.

"I don't think I am actually, you will have to wait like all the others, sorry." Nina said with a smirk.

"Bah, it didn't hurt to try!" Zoe exclaimed, and she got up, and walked towards the lake, putting her legs in once more.

She looked across the lake, and noticed some younger kids swimming in the lake, and a sour look came across her face. "I don't know how they can swim. It's mid-october, the lake is too cold for me!" She exclaimed, to Nina.

Nina smiled widely. "I guess not." Nina said.

"I swam just the other day, if you go at like 2 in the morning it is refreshing." Nina said happily.

Zoe snorted, she highly doubted she would wake up at 2 in the morning just to go swimming.

She widened her eyes, and stared at Nina with a worried expression on her face. "I guess you haven't seen or heard of the giant squid that lives in here!" She exclaimed

"I'm pretty sure its just a rumer I mean they said the very same thing at Scotland." Nina said happily.

Zoe smirked, "I think I believed it in my first and second year, but then kind of forgot about it until now!" She said, wading her feet.

Nina smirked surprised that someone beside maybe first years could believe such a rediculas thing. "Alright." Nina said awkwardly, unable to think of anything to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back