"Disgracing the Family"

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam returned to the owlery forcing his feet up the steps. He had returned so many times in the week it was sickening. Just for one letter, one that, inside him, he didn't want to receive. Though when he arrived and saw the same Owl, he sent off a few weeks ago, sitting with a letter adressed for him his heart stopped and he almost fell back down the steps.

He shook his head to tell himself to cope on. He walked over to the owl and untied the letter. Yup, fathers handwriting.. Sam's fears were confirmed. Sam sat in the corner and was about to open it but someone had entered. Sam sighed with relief and decided he'd wait for the student to leave.

Dear Sam,
Hufflepuff? How could you? I always knew you lacked something, something. This letter will be short. I wish to tell you that you'll be staying at your uncles for the summer. I still cannot believe this. Hufflepuff! You idiot. You disgraced our family and its name. I hope your happy Sam.

William.

As the student left a bit frightened at the way Sam was watching her Sam looked down at the letter. Sam winced before opening the flap at the back. When he pulled the letter out he was quite surprised at the size. His hands began to shake but he manged to unfold it.

Sam read, re-read and re-read over and over till he could actually memorize it. "You disgraced our family and its name" repeated in his head. Sam sighed what else was he expecting though. A nice polite letter? This was his father after all and he did just get into Hufflepuff. Sam scrunched up the letter and groaned he threw it across the owlery and put his face in his hands.

Toni walked up to the owlery wondering if Amanda had written her back yet. Making sure that no one saw her heading up to the towers. For a girl who seemed to hate her family so much, it was rather odd for people to see her writing letters home. It was bad enough that that peppy Gryffindor, Aeon, and his freak of a brother were up there last time she sent a letter.

Yet as Toni made it up to the tower she saw Sam. Tempted to turn around, not wanting him to see her actually caring about the family. Though she could almost tell that he wasn't in the best mood. Hopefully not more drama She thought thinking about for about a few days she had made it drama free.

"Hey" She said softly as she walked into view. "What's wrong?" She asked going over to Sam.

Sam felt like screaming. But once he heard Toni's sweet voice he felt that bit calmer. Though it also dawned on him that he hadn't told her about Jenn yet. No not now... he told himself. "Hey you." he said looking up from his hands to look at her. The sun seemed to beam down right on top of her. Then the anger began to fill up again as she asked him what was wrong. "Thats wrong!" Sam spat pointing at the crumbled up ball of parchment across the owlery. Sam was glaring at it. "Sorry..." he apoligised for acting so angry.

Toni smiled slighty though she was still a bit surprised at his anger. There was only two times she had actually seem him this angry; once when he heard about Beau and now this. Which meant something really had to be wrong. Walking over to the crumbled up piece of paper on the ground, Toni opened it up. Reading it she felt her heart sink, "oh Sam" she said looking over at him.

She crumbled up the letter and threw it back on the ground before walking back towards Sam. Embracing him with a hug, she couldn't help but feel bad. She did not know much about Sam's family but the news about hufflepuff hadn't gone well. The letter showed that.

"You are not an idiot" Toni said smiling slightly as she released him from the hug.

Sam didn't mind that Toni read the letter, it was only Toni after all. Sam was surprised that she hugged him. His heart leaped a few times as if this was the first time they hugged since the summer. He hugged her back, it felt nice to hug her again. Sam chuckled slightly, "Well some people think differently." Sam sighed. Though he knew he wouldn't see his parents for ages over a year maybe and he was almost certain his uncle wouldn't mind the whole 'Hufflepuff' thing. "So..ummm...how have you been. Its been so long.." he said quietly.

Toni smiled a bit as Sam said that some people would disagree. "Don't worry some people actually think I am mean" Toni said laughing a bit thinking that it was possible that she could really be an awfully mean person but not around Sam of coarse. Looking at Sam for awhile she wondered how much he was ok with the letter. "You sure you're ok?" She asked hoping that the letter didn't affect him too much.

"I've been ok" Toni said thinking how the past days had actually been pretty boring. "Drama free for awhile if you can believe that" Toni said laughing a bit. Though she hoped she hadn't just jinxed her luck. "How have you been?" She asked as she noticed a small owl come down with a letter addressed to her. Taking the letter, Toni pocketed it, knowing that the writing was Amanda's. She didn't want to read it now.

Sam shrugged, "I've been better...its just harsh...coming from my father and all." He exhaled loudly and slowly. But he knew better than to feel sorry for himself. He tried to move onto another subject by answering Toni, he laughed, "Did you lock yourself up or something? To cause such a drama free time.." he teased, though he mean't it in a light hearted way. She asked how he had been, "Umm....good...yeah.." Now is your chance go tell her. Go! Sam's concience seemed to be repeating itself and Sam couldn't stop it though he wasn't going to tell her now, as much as he wanted to. He just wanted this drama-free time with Toni. He watched as she pocketed a letter he didn't ask what it was, just to be on the safe side. "I have a good few assignments to catch up on though." he smirked, he'd do them later...later-ish.

Toni felt really bad for Sam actually. She knew how it was like to not be the best in the parents eyes. She heard it all the time. Toni why can't you be more musical like Skye? Why can't you be more interesting like Bailey? Why can't you be nice like Amanda? Why can't you even try to be a worthy daughter? Her mother had said it all. Though Toni didn't care so much about that. She was who she was.

Though when Sam asked if she had locked herself up or something, Toni let out a small laugh. "Hey thanks for the vote of confidence" She added playfully pushing him. "But no I've just not been running into anyone unpleasant" Toni said truthfully God I'm jinxing it She thought. That would be her luck to run into Jenna or Hoshi right after this.

Glad that Sam didn't ask about the letter but feeling bad. What if he thought it was something private. Toni patted the pocket where the letter was. "It's a letter from Amanda, my little sister" Toni said simply. She had to bulid up trust and telling Sam things like that would hopefully help a bit.

"Psh Assignments I wait until the day before to do them" Toni said smiling as she thought about how she loved to wait that long. Soon it was going to catch up with her though. "Though if you have to go do them" Toni began hoping that he wasn't hinting that he wanted to leave by the comment.

Sam wrapped his arm around her waist, "You know I'm just messing with you." he smiled. Once he let go she explained what the letter was, "I see." Toni was so lucky she had siblings, wheter she like them or not it didn't matter. At least there was someone to talk to when she went home, even if it was just to fight.

Sam nodded agreeing he seemed to be doing that recently. "What?! And miss this time with you?! Never." he winked, though he even felt guilty saying something like that when she didn't know the truth.

Toni smiled brightly as Sam wrapped his arm around her waist. It seemed like forever since they just had time like this together. Maybe taking a step away from drama wasn't too bad after all. "I know" Toni said when Sam let her know he was just messing with him. Though she was glad that Sam didn't ask more about the letter. Not like it had anything important in it. The first letter was just saying that Toni was alive and sorted into Slytherin. She doubted that anyone but Amanda actually read it even though it was addressed to everyone in the family.

"Good. For a moment I thought you were thinking school work was more important" She teased. "So besides putting off school work what have you been up to?" Toni asked. Though she had seen Sam not too long a go, when they were apart it always seemed like they were apart for so much longer. At least to Toni it felt that way.

Sam made an suprised expression on his face. "Never!" Sam tried to act appalled by the idea. Sam then thought about her question, she was indeed putting him in a position were he'd have to lie. He hated the fact that he would and promised himself that when he did tell her he wouldn't lie to her again. "Umm...nothing really...I've been on the quidditch pitch almost daily!" he said sheepishly. "Which reminds me we still have to have that match between me you and Knight?" he was glad that the subject easily passed by.

Toni smiled brightly leaned up against Sam just a bit. "Well you've been practicing enough so I guess maybe you would have a shot against me in a match" Toni teased as she looked up at him. "But I'd love to have that match. I still don't have a broom though" She said her tone a bit shy for once. It was actually quite embarassing to her that she didn't have a broom yet. It was just that she had a choice between a pet and a broom and of coarse she had chosen Sadie.

"I'll have to go shopping and get one" Toni said rolling her eyes though everyone knew she loved to shop.

Sam smiled as she lean't up against him. Though he had betrayed he wanted to just hug her and not feel the guilt bubble over. Sam wrapped his arm around her upper back in a way of comfort, that was ok right?

Sam laughed, "Urgh Shopping? How will you ever survive?" he joked, "Hey you should totally come when I'm working and I just may give you a discount." he said playfully pinching her chin.

Toni was rather content right now, glad that things seemed to have worked out nicely. Though as Sam teased her about shopping, Toni let out a small laugh. "I don't know. I might have to buy more than a broom. I mean how can I just go shopping for one item?" She teased knowing that she would probably end up with loads of bags if only she could get her parents to give her a bit more money.

"Oh well if I can get a discount" Toni said smiling wondering when Sam worked. Tempted to go just to see him anyway even if that was sort of lame. "When do you work?" She asked wondering if he worked on the weekends as she did at Madam Malkins.

Sam raised an eyebrow. "Hmm...yeah buying one item might be hard. We might have to get a restraining order against you."Sam laughed, "Oh and amighty discount at that!" he winked, "Oh umm....weekends. So drop by then." Sam suggested, "It would really brighten up a work day."

Toni rolled her eyes playfully "Whatever" She added though she wondered if she would really go get a broom. If she had the money, but Toni wasnt' going to mention that. If her father didnt' put a limit on her money, Toni would have ten brooms, but that was probably the reason that her dad did put the limit.

Yet Toni wasnt' going to let that stop her. "Well I will have to stop by then. Anything to brighten up you're work day" Toni said smiling as she looked at a few of the owls flying about. In a way they were beautiful yet at the same time Toni wasn't so fond of them all in one spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back