Different Circumstances

Abbigale Raven

OOC First Name
Teigs
Sexual Orientation
Very Conservative
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
[adminapproval=11329234] Abby had not been back to the school for some time. Least of all not for circumstances that had forced her to this school today. She and Ciro had hoped greatly that Emily's recovery would be permanent, but it seemed as though this would not be the case. The school counsellor, someone that Abby did not know, had been corresponding with them all semester since she'd returned to the school. Though Emily had not written to them directly, she often did write to her cousin and to her brother and those letters tended to finds their way to Ciro and Abby. Eventually it got to the point where Mr. Clairoux thought it best he speak with them directly, and so Abby and Ciro had made an appointment with him as well as with her head of house and the deputy headmaster. Abby hadn't seen Ava in some time and she'd heard about what had happened to the woman's daughter. She understood only too well the pain the woman must have been going through and knew why she would be seeing Justin and not Ava. Looking at Ciro as she knocked on the door, Abby waited to be asked in before proceeding. "Justin, it's good to see you again. I only wish the circumstances were different."

Professor Justin Cliffeton didn't really have the easiest footsteps to follow when it came to being Deputy Headmaster. The person before him hadn't been the most popular, considering he had let someone die in his charge. There was a lot to do as a Deputy, and ensuring that he didn't end up as unpopular as one Takuya Blaze meant a lot to him. He was disturbed from his thoughts by a knock at the door, and he invited them to come in. "Abbi! Come in, come in! It's nice to see you, and I as well wish it could be under better circumstances." He said with a half smile on his face. He knew all too well what she was here for, and the pain that they were going through as a family. He hoped that he would be able to put an end to that today. He wanted more than anything to find a solution to their issue.

It wasn't easy when your child wasn't happy, and whilst he was often reminded of his title as step father, the Italian didn't see much difference between Emily and his other children. Naturally, he accompanied his wife to New Zealand, especially when her ex-husband was unable to attend. He didn't know Justin personally, but he had heard plenty things from Abbigale and held the door for her as they entered, before closing it behind them. He gave Justin a firm handshake. "Cirino Raven," he greeted, providing a short introduction before things began. They had already been through numerous interviews and meetings with people, and it was coming to the point where it may be best to bring Emily back home.

Abby nodded at Justin as Ciro introduced himself. Truthfully, a lot of things had happened since the last time she'd seen Justin and Abby was beginning to wonder if she ever should have left teaching. To be honest, she'd enjoyed it and now got her kicks tutoring and homeschooling the children in the family, but sometimes that urge presented herself and made her regret leaving. She wanted to do right by her kids though and not spending enough time with Nate and Emily was one of the things she greatly regretted. She sometimes blamed herself for all of this. "I expect the counsellor will be here soon, but until then I would like to ask if you've seen Emily at all this semester, and if you have I'd like your opinion." She already had a vague idea of what they were going to do after everything with Nico and now Avie's death, it was no wonder Emily was finding her life so hard to deal with. It had all started before Nathanial's death, and then the boy who'd been almost set on fire, Emily's friends had suffered and so she was suffering too. She had always been a sympathetic soul. She was just glad Nico and Emily seemed to rely on each other.

Justin gave a sort of half smile to them, he knew exactly what she was going through and how the student was doing. A lot of them weren't coping so well with Avie's death, but there was only so much that they could all do when there was such a large amount of people to look over. He sighed a little bit, and then turned his attention back to Abbi. The counselor would be on their way, and they would have a lot better of an idea what to do with Emily then he did, but he did have one idea which would probably be the best for the time being. "There's really only one course of action that I can think of at this point, but I'd much prefer to hear from the counselor before we make any decisions." He said with a half smile, knowing that Abbi would probably agree with him more often then not.

Sloane nodded at Daniel as they discussed their course of action. It was horrible to see what was happening to poor Emily, it had gotten so bad now that she barely even left the dorm let alone leaving the common room. Sloane had to physically fetch her a number of times and others it was her cousin. "It's unfortunate to have come to this, I wish I'd have seen it sooner." Sloane sighed as they finally came to Justin's door. She knocked once and walked in, Daniel following along behind her as she took in the sight of the people who must have been Emily's parents. She nodded at both of them, she'd never spoken to either of them. "Hi, I'm Emily's head of house, Sloane Stark." She quickly greeted them both. "Emily's in the common room right now and I will fetch her when we've discussed all of this." She said turning to look at Daniel. "Daniel has spoken to her previously and to her cousin, so I would like him to explain from here."

</SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">Daniel and Sloane had been discussing possible courses of action among themselves for some time, and now it was coming to the point where they were meeting with Justin on occasion, as acting Headmaster. By that point, Daniel knew the situation was very serious, and would most likely result in her having to leave the school environment for a healthier one. He closed the door behind him and gave a nod in greeting to who he assumed to be Emily's father and mother. He was handed the floor, and the counsellor didn't bother with sugar-coating - it was well beyond that. "I'd like to say that I'm terribly sorry its come to this," he began, knowing this must be hard for her parents. "However, there is really no other way to avoid this outcome. I don't think it is wise to keep Emily enrolled in the school. There is nothing more we can do for her, and some stability at home is the best thing i can think of to help her, as well as perhaps going to see another professional until she's feeling better."​

Abby didn't like what was being said, but she understood it better than she would've thought. She nodded to Emily's head of house and to the rest of the people present. "I see." She looked at Ciro and she knew she blamed herself for this. She'd thought that Emily was ready to be back in the school and she might have been had a good friend of hers, someone Ciro once taught, not passed away so soon afterwards. Abby sighed. "I can't say that I disagree. If you think this is the best course of action, I'm inclined to agree. I want to do whatever I need to to make sure that Emily is healthy and happy again, even if that means she doesn't formally graduate." Abby had already lost Nate, she didn't think she'd handle losing another child. "So what happens now?"

Justin nodded at Daniel's assessment, it was what we were all thinking and what was more than likely best for the student. "As long as you're happy for her to leave the school and not graduate, we can move forward and she can go home with you today." Justin said, knowing that it would be the best option for her and would prevent a whole lot of drama. Looking at Sloane, he gave her a half smile. "Could you fetch her please, Professor Stark?" He asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back