Detention

Corvin Blackwood

OOC First Name
Brandon
Wand
10" Rowan with Pheonix feather core
((Okay ladies you may rp cleaning the owlery by hand. you both need to post bare minum of for times after you each post for time your detention will be completed. Thank you . Corvin Black.))

Aiden was sitting on his couch when he realized he hadn't written Steph good bye yet. Aiden coughed as he ordered Joceline to get him some parchment and his quill. Aiden began to write to her neatly.
Dear Steph,

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say good bye but I didn't get to say anything to anyone, I only just started to write Bells. I was sent home and I don't think I will be coming back. I miss you tons, you're like my little sister and I'm sorry about everything. I hope James falls in line and I hope you're happy. I have one request though, could you make sure Bella is happy, even if that means going back to Theo I want her to be happy. I know this seems like a big thing to ask but I need to know, she'll never truly tell me.

Sincerly,
Aiden

Steph had just trudged up to the Owlery to serve her detention. She got some gloves out of her pocket and looked around the dirty tower, scowling she picked up a spade and began scooping owl droppings and old owl treats into a corner.
She worked for about an hour before a new owl flew into the owlery and straight for her, Steph took off a glove and touched the letter attached to the handsome owls foot, Steph Shirley, she frowned, taking off the other glove and shoving them aside, she took the letter from the owl and opened it, slowly she read it, Steph had noticed she hadnt seen Aiden for a while, but she thought he was busy. Steph re read it, a tear rolled down her cheek, she needed Aiden, more than she ever had.
Steph opened her bag with trembling fingers, she got some parchment, quill and some ink and wrote a reply,
Aiden,
I cant beleive it, why did you have to go? I need you, ive got nobody else here, James is acting funny and barely talking to me, Harri's being moody, and people just seem to be leaving. Yeah il make sure Bella's ok, i think il be seeing her in a minute, im up in the owlery, detention, because of the dungbomb incident.
Maybe in the summer, you could come over to my New Zealand house? I miss you, and hope you can come back to Hogwarts one day.
Love Always,
Steph
x
Steph finished the letter and rolled it up, she signed his name and tied it to the owls leg, she stroke the owls beak and it flew off into the distance, she watched it for a few minutes, before wiping her eyes, pocketing the letter and putting her gloves on. Steph picked up her spade and scooped some treats up. Not putting anything into her work, her mind on Aiden.

Bella made her way slowly up to the Owlery to serve her detention. She had hoped Mr. Black would've forgotten but he hadn't. He also instructed her to leave her wand because she wouldn't need it and Bella felt weird without it. The end of the year was just getting so much worse for her.

She sighed and when she reached the entrance she saw Steph there already cleaning. "Hi Steph," she said, trying to sound cheerful. She looked a little sad but Bella didn't want to ask in case she didn't want to talk about it. Isabella got on her knees, thankful that she put on jeans for once, and carefully put on her gloves. She liked animals and all, but this was always the thing she hated doing most for them. She picked up a spade and started scooping the owl droppings from the opposite end of the Owlery, her mind wandering to Aiden as usual.

Steph jumped when Isabella came in, 'Oh hey,' Steph said quietly, her voice went abit wobbly, she pretended to be scooping, 'Ermm, how are you?' She asked Bella.

Bella scooped the owl droppings absentmindedly and put them in a trash bag she had brought with her. "I'm...fine," Bella lied quietly. She stopped scooping and just sat there on her knees. "H-have you heard about Aiden?" she asked quietly, afraid that if she got any louder her voice would crack.

Aiden quickly read Stephs letter back and wrote one immediatly sending Layla once more on her way to the school.
Steph,

I was sent home because I'm sick, with Spattergroit. Just talk to Harri, she misses Kevin and you deserve someone far better then James and if he doesn't realize that, I would forget him. I'll be writing him soon anyways. How is your detention going?

Well during the summer I will be going to Italy, maybe you could come over, I'm sure Bella wouldn't mind, I mean you two are like best mates. I don't know, we'll all talk when it's summer I guess.

Love you,
Aiden

PS. You'll always have me, I'm just not going to be close by for a bit.

Steph turned to Bella, 'Oh, erm,' She was cut short, the owl she presumed was Aidens had just flew through a window and towards her, she untied the letter and read it, she felt fresh tears in her eyes, she took out the letter from her pocket and handed them to Bella, 'Read these,' She said simply, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Again she got out her parchment, quill and ink, and Steph quickly wrote a reply.
Aiden,
Spattergroit? Thats terrible, i hope you get well soon. Harri's being funny with me, all snappy and she's got a 'i dont care about anything' attitude. I hope everything works out for her i guess.
And yeah i guess so, but i guess i cant bring myself to let him go.
Bella's here with me, so i guess i wont be alone. Its pretty lame scooping up dirt and old owl treats, but hey, il get revenge on Mr Black when i feel up to it.
Write back,
love lots,
Steph.
and ps. i know, but it wont be the same!

She folded up the letter, signed Aidens name and tied it to the owls leg, Steph watched it fly away before turning to Bella.

As Bella waited for Steph's response she looked over and saw an owl fly up to her. She noticed Aiden's handwriting and she smiled weakly. When Stephn handed her the letters she couldn't help but cry again. As always, Aiden was trying to keep her safe and happy, and since he wasn't around to do that, he had asked Steph to keep her happy. "Sorry," she mumbled, wiping away a few tears.

"We've been writing to each other too," she said quietly. "It's hard not being with him, but it's better than nothing," she said, putting her hand in her pocket that contained all the letters from Aiden. She carried them around everywhere and it made her strong throughout the day. "And by the way, you could stay with us in Italy if you'd like," she added smiling, remembering what Aiden's letter said.

Steph walked over to a window, it was a dull cold grey day, and rain fell fast onto the grounds below, 'you dont have to be sorry,' Steph said, noticing Bella crying. 'I guess i know how you feel, its hard him not being here, especially at a time when everyone decides to abandon me.' She sighed, 'Thanks,' Steph muttered when Bella said she could go to Italy, 'Sure its ok with you?'

"What do you mean by everyone abandoning you?" Bella asked worried, but she sighed because she too knew exactly how that felt. "It's totally fine if you stay with us!" she said brighter this time.

Their spades for cleaning the owl droppings remained by their side abandoned but Isabella knew it would be best to resume before it got too late so she picked hers up and began scraping again and throwing the droppings into her trash bag as she waited for Steph's response.

'Its just, Laura just left, Aidens gone, Bels left, James has been avoiding me for weeks, and Harri isnt exactly being friendly.' Steph sighed, also picking up her spade. She scooped some owl droppings and treats and threw them into a bag, the bag was almost full, Steph was glad, she felt upset enough without having to clean up after owls for hours.

Isabella sighed as she continued scooping the owl droppings just to keep herself busy. "It seems like we're in the same situation. Aiden's gone, Alyssa, Henri, and Theo weren't talking to me, except now things are going back to normal with Alyssa at last, Annamarie's busy and Angus is sick," she listed just like Steph had. "James is your boyfriend right?" she asked. "Why has he been avoiding you?" she asked without waiting for a reply to the first question.

Steph,

Just give Harri the benefit of the doubt I mean she has been nothing but nice, perhaps she is going under more stress then you know. Steph you don't want another detention do you? Let the cleaner punish you this one time then frame the next thing on Theo or Henri whichever you like less. (Joking, sort of)

Aiden

Bella,

What do you think about the idea for Italy? We'd still get our time together but she's like my little sister, and you can't say no to little miss pinky. Anyways, I miss you like crazy, I am guessing Steph told you about my little request, I am 100% serious too. I want you to be happy and if your not I want someone to help make you happy, even if that is Theo or Henri. Because I wont go back to school and make you sick now.

Love,
Aiden

Just as she was almost finished picking up the owl droppings, she saw the same owl that had flown in to Steph come in again. She saw that there were two letters, one addressed to Steph and the other to herself. She looked at Steph puzzled and picked hers up, immediately recognizing Aiden's handwriting. She pulled out her quill and ink right away and wrote back immediately.
Aiden,

I already told Steph she's welcome to stay with us in Italy, my parents won't mind. I read Steph's letters that you wrote her and I have to say Aiden, I'm surprised. Why would you think I'd give you up after everything we went through to be together? I want to be with you and no one else and I'll wait for you to get better so we can be together again! Besides, Theo and Henri hate me still.
Things with Alyssa are getting better though and we're planning a party for the first years after exams. I wish you were here though. I miss you so much!

Love always,
Isabella
Bella waited for Steph to respond before she sent the owl off with their letters. "I reckon we're almost done with this stupid detention right?" Bella said to Steph, looking around her on the floor to see any droppings they missed.

Bella,

I'm just trying to make sure you're safe and happy Bella, you can understand that Bells can't you? I'm not going to hold you back into something you're unhappy in, and I knew you'd try to lie if you weren't. So I asked Steph. But it really makes me feel so much more relieved that you feel this way, because I love you and miss you. That's good, I've written her a letter, no response, I didn't think I would get one but you know hopeful thinking. Let her know I'm sorry for the hurt I may have caused her and that I still want to be her friend. Could you please ask her to do the same to Theo and Henri, I know there is no chance they'd forgive me, or anything, I don't expect them to I just don't like that I did this, I feel so much like Gaspard it's not funny.

Well I think I am going to sleep for a little bit, okay.

Love,
Aiden

[Maybe we should move this back to Lots of Letters because it's a little unusual to get so many letters from far away in the same night lol]
Aiden,

I understand that you want me to be happy but I'm happy with you. I'm happy when you are my boyfriend, no matter where you are. There's no need to worry about that. I'm in it for the long run.
Also, I'll let her know that and I'm sure she does know how sorry you are. If she could forgive me, she can forgive you I think. I'll try about Theo and Henri though...let's see if they can stand me long enough to talk. Things at school are getting tough because the exams are coming up. I wish you were here to calm me down and keep me company.
Why do you feel like Gaspard? I hope you're feeling better. I love you and I miss you so much!

Love,
Bella
[color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back