Deep Thought

Austin Zhefarovich

Wand
Knotted 14 1/2" Rigid Cherry Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Austin walked out to the cliffs, wearing his Ravenclaw uniform. Rosalie was gone. It left his heart in pieces. How would he go through the day without seeing that blond face and her gorgeous eyes? Taking a deep breath, he sat down by the cliffs. He wrapped his arms around his legs, and buried his head in his arms. He was depressed, more so than ever. His green eyes were cloudy and sad. He was truly heartbroken. Although, she was coming back. He couldn't wait for it, and he would stay loyal to her, no matter what. He deeply cared for her. She was the only thing that was on his mind at the moment.

It had been a long time since Derrik had seen Austin or even talk to him. He had asked around in school and they said that Austin had gone out into the cliffs. Derrik just had a feeling that something wasn't right. Quickly he went search for him.

As he made his way there, he noticed a boy sitting with his head in his arms. But Derrik put two and two together. "Austin..." he thought.

Derrik slowly walked closer to him.

"Um..Austin?" Derrik hope he wouldn't scare him.

Austin had his green eyes closed. He was strong enough to hold in the tears of seeing Rosalie leave. It hurt so bad, and even though she was coming back, that little doubt in his mind kept coming in and saying that she wouldn't. He heard his name, and his head lifted up. He turned his head around, and stared at the boy for a moment. It wasn't long before the name came to him. "Oh, Derrik. Long time, no see." His gaze went back to horizon. He was miserable, and hoped that his parents would pull him out of the school, just until she returned.

Austin's tone of voice was saddening.

"Hey, its been a while." Derrik took a seat next to him. He too started to stare out into the horizon.

"How you been? Havn't seen you in so long." Derrik wanted to know what was up. They hadn't seen each other in what seemed like years. Even though they got off to a wrong foot and had some complications, they worked things out.

Austin gave him a bit of a smile, or what he could give, "I've been better. I've just been off and on with my sickness, and well..." He faded off. It was too painful to say that Rosalie had left for a short while. "How about you? You've been doing well?" He hoped so, despite that they had their past, things were all good now. He bit his lip slightly.

Derrik thought for a moment and then let out a little smile.

"Well now....let's just say that I've had me own fair share aye?" Derrik thought back to what happened over the past few days. It was quite a mess. But things had started to change again...like they always do. Derrik heard Austin's pause in mid sentence but kept that in mind.

Austin chuckled under his breath, "Ah, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. But I guess I understand that." Austin wondered what was going on with Derrik but chose not to ask. It wasn't really any of his business. Austin let out a sigh and shook his head. "Well, I haven't seen you in many classes, where have you been? Did you leave for a while or something?"

"Hm...about that..yea. I sort of did leave. Mum got sick and she needed me back at home for a bit." Derrik was having fun explaining why he was gone. It got easier with time as odd as that sounds.

Derrik could tell that Austin somewhat wanted to know what was going with him. Truly Derrik didn't mind talking about it because he was okay with it. But of course it was up to Austin to ask him if he really wanted to know.

Austin nodded, "I thought so. I bet Arisa was upset over you leaving." Last time he saw Derrik, Arisa was with him. Austin naturally thought that they were still together. "Sorry about your mom. Is she all right now?" Austin laughed softly, "Speaking of mothers, mine got married a while back. Just now to my dad." He allowed his eyes to roll. It was slightly more complicated to explain why they are just now getting married though.

Derrik almost tried not to laugh.
"Yeah. Mum's alright. She just came down with something and wanted me to be around. She didn't want to hospital treatment. She's hates them. But congrats with your mum."
Derrik figured that maybe he should tell Austin about Arisa.

"About Arisa, yes she was upset and we talked over it. Let's just say she didn't take it too well."

Austin nodded, indicating that he understood. He didn't want to mention that his mom was all over his dad now. According to Aleyha, that is. "I'm glad to hear that your mom is fine now. I can understand the hospital thing though." Austin heard the last part, and raised an eyebrow, "How did she take it? You two aren't..." He faded off once again. He cleared his throat and murmured, "Over?" He hoped the answer was no. They looked so cute together.

Derrik figured why not tell him the whole story.

"Well...it went like this. She sent me an owl to meet her outside. So I went to go see her. We started talking and yelling because she got mad that I didn't' owl her. I explained what was up and then she said that we should see different people."

Derrik paused for Austin to take all this in and then continue.

"When I heard that, I was hurt really. Then this Sern guy came out and started talking. I don't really like him yet. But yea. I was hurt for a while."

Austin raised an eyebrow, and once it processed through his mind, he realized that they were over. It amazed and shocked him. Austin shook his head, "That is just crazy. You deserve better." It was true. "Sern...?" Austin had no idea who Sern was. "What did he have to do with anything, especially with you and Arisa?" Austin felt slightly mad that someone would just interfere with a breakup. It was right, but his anger was quickly melted away once he thought of Rosalie.

"I don't know but I'm not a fan of it. Since I wasn't around she started to go out with him."
None of this was bothering Derrik. It was days ago and he was feeling better about it. It was a lesson well learned so to say. But Derrik didn't forget about Austin.

"What about you and Rose...havn't seen her in a while either."

Austin laughed softly, "If you were, I would be concerned." He glanced at the ground, and shook his head. "That is just..." He shrugged, not thinking of the word. Austin heard Derrik ask him about Rosalie. Austin closed his eyes and turned to the horizon once more. He mumbled out, "She had to leave for a while. We are still together, I hope."

Derrik didn't like that tone in Austin's voice. Now it seemed way more depressed then before.
"What's up. Do you know what's going on?"

Derrik hopped that they didn't break up. They were the cutest couple he had seen. If they had broken up, things just would seem odd.

Austin sighed and shook his head, "She didn't give me much information. I just watched her leave, and well, it was heart wrenching. The pain hasn't lessened an ounce." Austin let out a sigh, and felt the anchor on his heart get heavier somehow. Austin continued to stare absentmindedly into the horizon. He refused to believe that they were over, not until she said it specifically.

Derrik gave this a good thought. He had known Rose enough to know that she wouldn't do anything like this unless something was seriously wrong.

"Well, what did she tell you exactly?" He watched Austin as began to think of what to say next.

Austin bit his lip, and remembered the day vaguely. His green eyes closed, and wished that he could rewind time and just hold Rosalie again. He murmured, “She told me that she needed to leave. And I allowed her to leave.” Austin turned to Derrik, his eyes fighting the tears. Without much thought, he stood up and let out a painful sigh, “I think I am going to go back to my dorm and…” Austin bit his lip to say anything more. He turned to leave, and started to walk to the castle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back