Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Chaos (Kiara)
Wand
Springy eleven inch Aspen with billywig stinger core
Avarian,

Mother told me you were having dinner last night. I don't know how long it takes to adjust to these things. But I don't like waiting. My name is Arthurian. Mother speaks of you often. I know you were a photographer of some skill. I also know you have an elder daughter here. She's rather... Full of life. Like if a rainbow was a person. Have you noted she's always covered in paint? Yesterday it was behind her ear. How do you get paint there, of all places?

Anyway, unlike Avarian and the dark one, Emily? I am not a Ravenclaw. I'm a Gryffindor. Weren't you a Gryffindor? Mother knows nothing of these things, though she tries. We bought my schoolbooks early because she wanted to read them. She's always done her best to help with my schoolwork. I must ask, what was school like for you?

Please write back soon.

Arthur

Arthur,

We did. She even showed me your room. I hope that's okay. It's the only way I could somehow know you. I guess you already know me since your mom often talks about me. I am thankful to her for that. Your mom, she's amazing. She even said you keep my photo albums the moment they are published. I'm happy for that. I still take pictures but it's more of a hobby. I work for the ministry now.

You met Ava then. Full of life, she is. I heard you dyed her hair pink. You even put a frog in her bag. Somehow, you are like me. Although, you are both the same when it comes to mischievousness. She is an artist, like her mom. The paint behind her ear? (laughs loudly) Just like Helene. I guess Ava just doesn't want to tie her hair while working. I hope you will get along famously. Emily too. You are the brother they long to have. The son I thought I would never have.

A Gryffindor?! (pumps fist in the air) That explains the frog! (laughs) The girls are in Ravenclaw. You being in a different house in entirely fine. They may be in blue, that does not mean the three of you are different from each other. I am the dad after all. The spunk and mischievousness of you three came from me. (laughs loudly)

Kami told me about the time when you discovered your magic. I could already imagine your mother's face. Imagine her face when Ava's howler appeared last night. Be good to your mom, yeah? This is a bit difficult for her, we'll make it easier for her day by day.

Let's meet soon. Ava said she'll bring you home for the break with Emily. We, your mom and I, will get the room ready for you. Good thing I got a house with lots of rooms.

One more thing - you can call me Dad or Papa. Whenever you are ready. It'll make my day.

Papa

P.S. I still have the original shots that I managed to find on short notice.

4-31.jpg
4-36.jpg
4-37.jpg
4-28.jpg
4-30.jpg
4-34.jpg
4-35.jpg
4-84.jpg
4-47.jpg
4-45.jpg

Photos credited here

Avarian,

That's okay I guess. You didn't move anything, did you? You can look but it's still my stuff. And of course. She wasn't sure where you went so she didn't have much else to do. I mean, she knew who you went to, just not where that was. I asked her once if she'd tried to find you. She got this sad look in her eye and said you wouldn't want her to. I stopped asking after that. The ministry of magic, right? That's like... wizard government, isn't it? What do you do? And why would you take a boring job like that over the one you had?

If by 'met Ava' you mean she tackled me as soon as sorting was ended, then yes, I met Ava. And Emily. And three cousins. Two cousins are in my house. Ren is okay. Easy to be with. Rose is scary. She's angry a lot and doesn't like anyone. I like Lily the best. She bakes a lot of treats. I don't play tricks on her. I just play tricks on that nasty boy she likes. After all the horrible things he said to her he deserves it. Emily says Ava still cries sometimes. I'll teach him to be a jerk.

Can I have a pirate room? Mine is pretty cool. Maybe Ava and me could paint it. (Well, she'll paint it and I'll paint her.) Can we have a movie night? Emily keeps talking about some movies she likes and I want to see them. Mum won't mind. You can make popcorn and everything.

Arthur

ps. thanks for the pictures. I really like the dolphin one.

Trying to hide the smile on his face, Arthur set the letter down and finished tacking the new pictures to his wall.

Arthur,
Of course, I didn't touch anything. You are just like Ava. Does not want things moved, even the slightest. So I know what to do. Your mum cleaned them up though, picking up your clothes strewn across the floor. Although I decided to use my wand to make it easier for her. I hope your dorm room isn't anywhere near what I saw in your own room.
I asked your mom not to find me because it will make it much harder for both of us to be apart again. I went back to Helene, Ava's mom, but it was too late. She passed away and Ava was put in an orphanage. But before going back, I worked hard. Harder than anybody in my field did. So that I don't have to be away again.
Boring job, eh? (laughs loudly) Well, ministry. Right, I work under the Improper Use of Magic. Basically, we monitor underage magic and wizards who use magic in front of Muggles. I know it's boring compared to the one I had before but I kind of promise to myself that if I found Ava, I'll do anything not to be away from her again. Then Emily came and now you and your mom. Everything falls into place already. I stand by my decision not to leave. If I take photographs, it'll be much tamer than before.
Tackle?! That sounds her, alright. (laughs) Glad to know you met all of them. Hope you all kids are having a blast there. Just stay out of trouble, though. Rose is okay, she just needs some adjusting to. If it makes you feel better, I'll talk to her mom, your aunt Evelyn, about Rose.
What do you mean cry?! Ava?! Who is this boy you are talking about? Philip?Timmy? Tell your sister to send me a letter about this.
Of course, you can have a pirate room. And you kids can paint it. At least let your mom and I pick the linens and stuff. I'll have the bed made too. I saw your room so I guess I'll be putting game consoles (which can have four players so that you and your sisters can play together at the same time) and a TV as well. I approve this movie night idea of yours. Can you secretly send me a list of the movies Emily is talking about? That way, we can get them before you guys come home.
How about this? Movie night for the kids, date night for me and your mum.
Papa
PS. I'll send you more when I get the chance to look through my things. I like the dolphin one too. That is why it is on top of the file.

Avarian,

You left Ava alone for ten years while you worked? No wonder she has abandonment issues.

Don't bother talking to Aunt Evelyn, Ren says Rose wouldn't listen anyway. He's pretty cool. He draws a lot.

Ava says she isn't saying anything. Almost choked on her drink when I said I told you. I don't know his name. Not the blond one she's always with, the creepy one that follows her to class and doesn't talk to her. They got in a huge fight or something. Emily said 'He yelled at her, his cousin jinxed her and he didn't care, and he wants her to choose between him and the photographer. So she stomped on his foot and ran away crying.' Whatever that means. I don't like the crying part so I'm handling it.

As for Emily's list, she wants to see the second It movie. And pretty much every horror movie that's come out while she's at school. Her tastes are pretty dark. Not that I mind.

And be careful with mom. I know how she feels about you. Don't break her heart again or I'll kill you.

Arthurian

Dear Arthur,

I guess you heard. I know you are worried about your mom but I hope you'll take my word that I won't hurt your mother -and you - ever again. Kamikaze told me about your reaction and Lillian's as well. I swear if that uncle of yours got hair, you two would look identical.

I am wondering if you would like to go with me for a weekend. A camping trip. I am also invited to be a guest speaker for a wildlife photography class. I hope you might be interested in checking out other photographers as well as their work.

Take care of yourself of there. Spend time with your sisters, alright?

Love,
Papa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back