Birch Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Dragonstone
Full Name:
- Daniel Bryan Boyd

Date of Birth:
- September 9th 2007

Current Age:
- 16 years

Basic Appearance:
- tall 6'2", slender frame; Blond hair slightly long in length; hazel eyes, wears glasses for reading.

Personality:
- He is fun to be around, a bit of a flirt, studious and a bit of an all round great guy. Very few dislike him and he makes friends easily.

Family:
- His father was killed in a potions accident at the beginning of the summer 2023. He now only has his mother Triny and his aunt Susan.

Pets:
- european speckled Owl called Arthur

Area of Residence:
- Was living in Manchester, England but now lives just outside of Obsidian by about seven miles at Drummera

Blood Status:
- Mixed Blook

Heritage:
- English by birth. Mother and father both from muggle families but both displayed magical abilities from a young age.

Special Abilities:
- He can whistle through his nose, burp the national anthem and holds the title for 'highest pee'er' in his year back at HS.

Interests or Hobbies:
- Enjoys the odd book, flying, climbing. Girls will probably become a big factor in his life as he gets older so far he simply likes to flirt.

Strengths:
- Excellent at charms and DADA class

Weaknesses:
- sucks big time at Herbology

Describe your character in three words:
- friendly, fun and flighty

Favourite place to be:
- anywhere his friends are

Friends:
- all back in Hogwarts Scotland; Marshal Adams (15); Craig Smithon (15); Bustor Freil (16)

Hogwarts House:
- Hufflepuff (at HS) awaiting transfer to HNZ

Hogwarts Hopes and Ambitions:
- perhaps become Head boy but won't hold my breath

Best school subjects:
- charms and DADA

Worst school subjects:
- Herbology

Extracurricular Activities:
-

Graduation:
- Y10

Current Job:
-

Plans for your future:
- join the ministry for the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes

Your Patronus:
- none yet

Your Patronus memory:
- don't know if I have a strong enough one yet

Your Boggart:
- my mother dying

Mirror of Erised:
- I would see my father alive again

HIYA!

1. Why are you transferring to HNZ? (If that is still the plan)
2. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be and why? It can't be having your father around.
3. How do you feel about having grown up with no father?
4. Describe the perfect enemy for you.
5. If you had to choose between going blind and deaf, which would you choose, and how would you react to it happening?
6. If someone dared you to eat a live insect, would you do it? Why or why not?
7. Why do you want to work at the ministry for the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes? (something to do with your Dad?)
8. Are you interested in becoming an animagus?
9. How did you feel when you were sorted into Hufflepuff?
10. What's the hardest thing you've ever had to do in your life?
11. What are your weaknesses, personality wise (are you ever selfish, greedy, lazy etc)?
12. What are your hobbies outside of school?

Good luck with your character. I hope the questions help and I look forward to reading your responses.

-Emma

sorry about that Emma I typed out RL year when it should have read 2023 for when Danny's father died. Have edited it and will edit this post with the answers to your questions as soon as possible. Dan
1.I’m transferring because my mom and I had to move home. When my father had his potions accident whatevet concoction he created caused an explosion. Our house was destroyed. We had no surviving relations to turn to in England but my mothers only sister had moved to New Zealand and invited us to go live with her. My mom thought it a good idea – we discussed it as it was a huge move that would effect and impact both of our lives greatly. It seemed crazy that I would have to keep going to school in Scotland once we had moved, so I applied to HNZ.

2. That’s difficult because of course I would say my father but as I am not allowed to I would have to say it would have to be not asking Clarise Bergmont to the Yule Ball in my third year. She is or was in the same year as me but a Ravenclaw. Tall, blonde, brown eyes, sallow skin, intelligent and sweet. We became friends in our second year after we both got on our house quidditch teams. By third year I knew I really liked her but at the time I was really shy and couldn’t bring myself to ask her to the dance. Finally when I did, it was too late someone else had. I learnt never to put something off after that; if you want something go for it, grasp at it with both hands.

3.As I said, that was an error; I ‘ve only been without a father since the beginning of this summer. I still miss him but so far it’s been a whirlwind moving to New Zealand; a new country, a new home, a new life and maybe a new school and hopefully new friends. It’s a lot to take in and a lot to digest you know. I try to be strong for my mother but often I find myself a bit angry that he’s gone due to his own stupidity and I have to witness my mother crying though she thinks no one is looking.

4.My perfect enemy, someone utterly cruel. The opposite I guess to myself. So cruel as to use anything about me against me. Saying that my perfect enemy would probably end up being a girl knowing my luck. Devastatingly beautiful and extremely clever. Honestly, I haven’t a clue. I’m a Hufflepuff we don’t tend to have too many enemies.

5.That’s hard, if I lost my sight I might be able to eventually deal with that faster than losing my hearing. My other senses would get heightened, or so we are led to believe. I’d already know what a rainbow looks like, what my mother looks like, I’d have witnessed a sunset, seen snow covered mountains, seen the changing colours of the autumn leaves and other things those of us with sight take for granted. I could easily recall all of these to memory if I needed to but with hearing, I like hearing the sound of people talking, laughing, the chirping of birds, the sound of music, the swish of a wand, the speed of a broom as it soars past. All sounds that would be hard to imagine again if I were to lose my hearing. I think I could live in a world of darkness but not in one of silence.

6.Not for a dare, I don’t do stupid things for a dare but if it were for survival reasons I probably would.

7.My father was careless and it hadn’t been the first time. I think the ministry needs to change the laws regarding people experimenting within their own homes. People need to be more aware of the dangers involved, after all there’s more to lose than mere fingers and eyes, there’s lives that get destroyed.

8.No, never have been. I like transfiguration but not enough to want to physically change my form.

9.I was glad, I like being a Hufflepuff. I think it incorporates all the decent factors from all the houses into itself.

10.Third year quidditch tournament. Up against Ravenclaws, a beater hit a bludger my way. I was flying along side Clarise. I could have taken the hit but pulled up so the bludger hit her full on instead. I hated it. She ended up in the hospital wing for over two weeks and wouldn’t talk to me for ages after.

11.I tend to goof off a fair bit, I’ve had detentions for falling asleep in class. I know a lot of the girls thought I was cute and managed to get them to do my homework assignments for me. Trying to turn this around though. I also have no patience for fools.

12.I collect quidditch memorabilia, I love the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back