Crying

Kailey Harrington

OOC First Name
Kelsey
Wand
12 1/2" Firm Fir Wand with the essence of Dragon Heartstring
Kailey stood at the entrance to the hospital wing, not daring to walk in as Co-headmaster Rambolt closed the curtains around Njords bed and Professor Heimdall. As much as she wanted to see him she knew not to try to go over to him. As she heard footsteps approaching she quickly turned around a corner where she fell to the ground, sitting against the wall, her knees up to her chest, her arms wrapped around her legs as the leaned forward and cried , concealing her face and going into a fetal like position as she flopped over, now laying on the floor crying. Her eyes red and puffy, mascara running as well as her nose. She didn't even care how bad she looked or if anyone saw her in her current state, the only thing she cared about at all a the moment was Njord.

Brian had decided to skip the play down in the Great Hall, for some reason he never felt like going to the 'school functions' it seems as though they rarely went well. Brian was going through a rough time in his life as just yesturday he had destroyed the remaining attachment he had to his grandfather and discovered that he might have feelings for both of his friends however could never and would never admit it to either of them. His head still hurt every now and then but the trip to the Hospital Wing had been needed as he had to get the ailhotsy out of his system. Brian walked silently down the hall on the third floor so that he could listen to the play without actually being their, he found himself on the spot where he had talked and dance with Violet. He looked out the window, the day seemed quite lovely. Brian looked down the hall and saw someone quite familiar, it was Kailey but she didn't look so well "Kailey are you okay?" Brian asked as he walked forwards to see her.

Kailey made the effort to look up from her spot, showing whoever it was what state she was truly in. It was Brian, her friend from way back when. They had hardly spoken in a year and this definitely was the worst time for a reunion. "Not at all." she croaked laying her head back on the floor, straining her eyes to look up at him. She was far from okay, Aside from the death of her brother this had to be the absolute worst thing to ever happen to Kailey. She just hoped despite how small the chances were, that he survived through this.

"I'm sorry" Brian said and he truly was, Kailey seemed like she was in alot of pain something Brian understood well he had lost his again and the pain inside felt like it would not go away and yet it was better for him to just 'pretend' like he didn't care because if he put too much though into it he would not be able to concentrate on anything. "It get's better" Brian said not quite knowing what he was saying but somehow feeling as if it was the right thing to say "the pain that life throws at you, it seems unbearable and it becomes hard to breathe and you just want everything to stop because it seems like it's too much" Brian said letting the feelings he had been keeping hidden come to the surface if only for a moment "but just when you think it's all too much and that it would be better if it would all never had exsisted, something comes along and helps you get through it" Brian said wondering slightly if Kailey even knew what he was talking about. The look in her eye seemed to tell Brian that the pain she was feeling was a pain of loss, something Brian knew too much about recently.

Kailey listened to the younger boy as he talked, nodding weakly as best she could with half of her face jammed into the floor. She slowly uncoiled herself from the postition she had been lying in and pushed herself up to where she was sitting, her arms shaking slightly as she did so. "It just isn't fair... I really want to ask god why he would do something like this to him." Kailey started "He's one of the most wonderful people I have ever met. One of the nicest, kindest, sweetest people I know. I love him and now he's more than likely dead." she said her voice barely above a whisper. "I could have done something, I ran instead of trying to get him out of the way, I'm a horrible person and it's my fault he's in there." she continued "and I...I" she began again, more toherself than Brian, she would be surprised if he even heard her, but she didn't want him to. "I wish it were me in there."

So someone had been injured... Brian tried to think about who it could be but didn't really know many of the other boy's. Brian figured it wasn't Mike or Andrew as that would be too obvious but knew that whoever it had been Kailey had cared for him deeply just as Brian had for his Grandfather. "It's cruel" Brian said as he walked over to her but not sitting down,he knew that he didn't have the right to sit down for she was in a pain that he had long felt and had allowed to leave his body and soul even though it never truely goes away... they tell you that it get's easier but they don't tell you the pain will always be there. That a peice of your heart is bruetally and vicously ripped from your body and the heart heals slowly at best with some parts never being able to heal. "I'm sorry" was all Brian could say as he looked at her knowing that he could say nothing to make the pain any easier only time could do that.

"Very Cruel..." she agreed leaning her head back against the wall and closing her eyes, hoping for some sort of temporary relief, but all she got was images from the play. Rockets whizzing everywhere, her turning around to see a large shower of sparks and Njord as he fell to the ground and everything that had happened afterwards in a matter of seconds. The sparks and frantic cries rang in her ears and she quickly opened her eyes and shook her head. "If Njord dies, or is already dead... I don't know what I'll do. I just hope with all my heart it doesn't come to that." she said turning her head around the corner to look in the direction of the hospital wing before looking at Brian again.

Brian didn't know Njord very well, had seen him once or twice but couldn't quite understand what had happened... he of course wasn't going to ask but it all seemed weird that a play could lead to someone dying. "I'm sure he'll be alright" Brian said lying of course but knew it was the right thing to say "I mean remeber when I cracked your skull open, Professor King had you all better in no time!" Brian said hoping that it would have some positive effect on her. "Njord's strong he wouldn't die" Brian said not knowing who Njord was really but still having enough common sense that it was the right thing to say, he thought about what Professor Heimdall must be going through having her son injured like that. "crazy things have happened in this school but nobody's ever died really" Brian said somewhat to himself and to Kailey, he didn't know what would happen if a student actually died.

"Well, I wasn't partially blown up by fireworks." she said "I just hope you're right... I can't even begin to imagine how bad Professor Heimdall must feel if I feel like this." she said knowing that the pain she felt was only a fraction of the pain a parent felt for their child when injured like this. "I wish that were true Brian, it would give me at least some peace of mind. But people have died here before, it was back before even I was here but I read some of the old newspaper achives a while back." she said "I wish I had thought to pull him away with me, or atleastget the damned bag of fireworks off of him!" she exclaimed wanting to bash her head into the wall.

Brian didn't say a word, he couldn't because he was afraid of saying the wrong thing as people may be inclune to do in these sort of situations and Kailey didn't deserve that. Brian wanted to be as sympathetic as he could and if being quiet was the way to do it then he would. "I burned my grandfather's journal yesturday" Brian said scolding himself at once in his head for admitting it because he wasn't supposed to have said anything and yet he couldn't stop himself "My grandfather was the most important person in my life, still was even after his death but yesturday I had to be free of the pain his death had caused" Brian continued letting his honesty slip because he knew that Kailey would understand "I thought that destroying the journal would help ease the pain of having to let him go but it didn't, not really" Brian said feeling horrible as he felt his head touch the wall "It's hard when you loose someone Kailey believe me I know" Brian said as his eyes began to burn and tears began to well up.

"good people die just as easily as bad people we wish we could go back and change it but we can't" Brian said feeling the pain that had been with him for several years swell up as it did every once in a while when he was all alone. "I wanted the pain to go away but it didn't, the journal that I thought was apart of him didn't mean that much in the end because the pain is still there" Brian said as he looked down at her "I know now that it will always be there and will never leave I can only let it consume me or..." but Brian couldn't finish it because he really didn't know what other answer there was the guilt at having destroyed the last peice of his grandfather was too much to bear and it seemed like it really would consume him. "your not alone is all, everyone grieves for someone... it's a part of life I guess" Brian said except this time his voice was hollow nobody except Kailey would know why he burned his grandfather's journal. That would be a promise he would make to Kailey even if she didn't know, because that was all he could do.

Kailey said nothing, but listened quietly, offering him a spot on the floor beside her. She was extremely surprised that he was telling her what he was. Something like that seemed moe of what he would tell Zazuka or Andy, who was back from what she saw in the audience. Guilt started to form, here she was letting out all of her pain onto him when he had enough of his own to worry about. "It is...Brian, I'm so sorry for unloading all of this out on you. You have enough pain of your own to deal with without having to hear mine." she said

"No, I'm sorry!" Brian said getting a grip on himself "here I am guilting you when your the one that needs the support" Brian said trying to make up for basically stealing her thunder he felt bad he didn't want to be 'that guy' "My grandfather died years ago at an old age, he's nothing more than bones in the ground now"Brian said trying to convince himself more than Kailey "Njord is just a kid like you and me, I just don't believe that he could be dead when he still has so much to live for" Brian said and before Kailey could say another word that would indict herself for a crime she didn't commit Brian added "and it really wasn't your fault, I mean why were there fireworks at the play?" Brian asked hoping that it would direct her attention to the real people responsible for this accident, Brian had and always was a big fan of Justice.

"You don't need to apologize Brian... I was already feeling guilty." she said, and it was the truth. Waves of guilt and saddness overwhelmed her. "He may have died years ago but as you said, when someone close to you dies the pain never truly goes away." she added, knowing it was the truth. "Here we are talking about him as though he's already dead. If he is then I have to ask the cliched question that really does make sense. Why do the best people die young?" she said a slight edge of desperation haunting her voice as she did so.

"Why were there firewroks at the play?" she heard him ask. She winced as she replayed the incedent in her head again. "Well, Njord played the character who had the firewroks that were going to be for the prank. I should have suggested fake fireworks or something, but I didn't know something like this would happen." she said her voice getting lower and more choked as she continued, tears threatening to start spilling again as she recounted the incedent to someone who hadn't been there to witness it.

"Then a bunch of bloody idiotic first years had the nerve to set ROCKETS off at the stage. One of the rockets hit the bag of fireworks as Njord was trying to get it off and he dropped to the ground like a rock. It was horrible. No, much much worse than horrible." she ended as the tears started flowing freely again.

IDIOT! Brian yelled at himself inside his head, he should've known that the fireworks would probably have been apart of the play, Brian felt incredibly stupid since he hadn't actually gone to the play so didn't really know what had happened. Kailey told him everything and started to cry once more. Brian felt stupid but also bad for Kailey as he understood how much pain she was going through. Brian had to think of something that would help get her mind off Njord if even for a second, "do you know which first year's it was, I could go hex them something feirce" Brian said feeling even more stupid but it seemed like the only thing he could say at the moment, Brian hated when something bad happened and there was nothing he could do about it.

"No... If I did they would be wishing for Azkaban." Kailey muttered darkly, she really wanted whoever shot the rockets at the stage to get the worst punishment possible. Normally Kailey wouldn't dream or being as vindictive as she felt. But it was thanks to the idiots they had been trying to get under control that Njord was injured as badly as he was or worse, dead. So Kailey didn't feel sorry at all at the moment. For once, she didn't know if she would feel sorry for these thoughts later.

Mess with her, she might forgive you. Hurt those she loved, you had just better hope you never cross her path again if you valued your health. She clenched her hand up into a fist and slammed it back into the stone wall, wincing as she did so. That was stupid... she thought looking as her hand and wriggling all the fingers making sure nothing was broken. Everything seemed fine, which was good. There was no way Kailey would be stupid enough to attempt to go to the hospital wing right now. Professor Heimdall needed time with her son.

"Well I promise you Kailey, I'll find out who's responsible and let you deal with them how you see fit" Brian said defiantly. Everyone deserved their justice and in this case Kailey and Professor Heimdall deserved it, Brian had always thought there was more than met the eye with Professor Heimdall but having your son injured was a pain nobody should feel and yet they did. Brian had to think quickly on who would be responsible "probably a Slytherin" Brian muttered to himself figuring they would be the likey suspects, then a Gryffindor and then a Ravenclaw. Brian doubted anyone from Hufflepuff would be capable of doing such harm since they were Hufflepuffs! They lacked the spirit that Gryffindor's and Slytherin's had and they most definately lacked the intelligence the Ravenclaws had to commit such a heinous crime. Brian would investigate them however since it would be unethical to not investigate every house though Brian was more than sure the culprit would be found in the Slytherin House.

Kailey looked up at him and managed a rather weak smile, but it didn't reach her eyes. "Thanks for being here Brian." she said gratefully tracing the place where her hand had hit the wall the hardest. Flexing the fingers again, double checking for no injuries. She didn't want to whine about a broken hand when the guy she loved was laying in the hospital wing almost dead. Whoever had shot the rockets at the stage was going to pay. One way or another Kailey would make sure of that. She let out a sigh and looked at the ground.

[Sorry for this sucky post I'm at school with very limited time!]

"It's not a problem, really" Brian said looking at Kailey and her hand "is it okay?" Brian asked as he pulled out his wand "there's a healing spell I could try if you think anything's broken... I haven't perfected it yet though" Brian said remebering the spell he'd been practicing. "Perhaps we should ask someone and see how Njord's doing" Brian said not sure if the suggestion was for the best or not, Kailey was a right mess and if Njord was better then it would help relieve some of the stress. If the worse had occured the it would be best for her to know so that she could begin the process of healing, standing here waiting was sometimes worse than the final result.

"If Professor Heimdall wasn't in there with him right now I would. I got up here right as the curtains were being closed around them." Kailey explained "She needs to be with him more than I do right now." she added poking the hand once to answer his other question. "Yeah, I think it's okay... It just stings a little bit." her head turned back to the hospital wing. She wanted to knwo how he was doing so badly, but wouldn't go in until she saw Professor Heimdall was gone, chances are she'd be out here for a while.

"hmm..." Brian said looking over at the hospital wing as if he might be able to see through the wall as to Njord's fate "your just going to waite here then? Brian asked a bit cuirious. It didn't seem right for Kailey to just sit out here and wait when she had been close to Njord... Brian was sure Professor Heimdall would be alright if Kailey went in just for a minute to see how Njord was fairing. It would be horrible if Njord was dying and didn't get the chance to say goodbye to Kailey, he could be asking for her at this very second and she would be out here depressed. Brian couldn't let this happen but wasn't sure what he could do to help...

"I don't want to just sit out here Brian... Waiting for good news, or waiting only to hear he's dead... Whichever one happens. I want to be in there so badly, But I also heard Professor Rambolt say something about 'Don't let anyone else in.' So yeah... I don't think I'd be let in." Kailey said revealing her the other part of her reasons for not being in there. She wanted to give Professor Heimdall time alone with her son too but the lack of admittance was the big thing keeping her out here. She let out another sigh and scooted around the corner that was along the wall from the hospital wing. If she scooted much farther she would fall in right through the doorway.

"I wish we had some extendable ears" Brian muttered remebering he had seen them in a joke shop, they would've helped them hear what was going on. Then again Brian probably would've felt bad if they had overheard something horrible. Brian just wanted an absolution, was Njord okay? or had he met with a worse fate, it was obvious that both of them were thinking the same thing and that wasn't good. "I'll wait with you Kailey... untill you find out what's going on" Brian said as he sat down with her looking at the wall deciding that waiting would probably be the best thing they could do right now, if not the only thing they could do. Brian thought about it and decided that playing the waiting game sucked! It was however the only thing that Kailey would be able to do and not feel bad so Brian would just deal with it.

Kailey hadn't heard the extendable ears comment. She let gravity shift her head to where it was leaning on the wall and she found herself staring down the corridor, along that long wall was the entrance to the Hospital wing not too far away from where she was sitting. Njord was laying a mere 20 or 30 feet away from where she was sitting, oh so close, but so very far away. She realized that even with all of her knowledge gained in her lifetime at the moment she knew absolutely nothing aside from the fact that Njord was lying in that hospital wing.

Was he stable, critical, showing positive signs, or the worst possible future Kailey could think of... was he dead? Kailey forced her eyes away from the corridor and back to Brian, who had just dsaid he was going to wait it out with her. As he made a move to sit down Kailey scooted closer to the entrance of the Hospital wing and gave him the corner. "Thanks Brian, I really appreciate it. But are you sure? I mean... I could be out here for a while." she said softly, she'd sleep out here if thats what it took. Not knowing something as important as the condition of the man she loved was killing her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back