OOC First Name
Rowan
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Swishy Poplar Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Acacia wouldn't say Hogwarts felt like home in any way yet, but there were areas of the castle she was beginning to feel more comfortable in than others. One of those areas was the Student Lounge. There was always something going on, someone to talk to. Acacia missed the close group of friends she had left behind in America, and hadn't managed to really recreate it in her two and a half years in New Zealand, as much as she enjoyed hanging out with Emilia and Maze. The Student Lounge felt like a good substitute for that though. There was always something going on, someone to talk to or sit with, something to get involved in. Arriving in the room with a magazine to skim through, Acacia was surprised to find it busier than usual. The room was full of people catching up on holiday stories, and there were very few places to sit. Spotting a girl she recognised from her classes though, Acacia squeezed her way through the room, smiling brightly as she approached the girl and trying desperately to remember her name. "Hi!" Acacia said cheerfully. "Is it alright if I sit with you?"

Kinsey was feeling lucky enough to have some free time between the return to school and the beginning of classes so with her New Year’s resolution in mind to meet new people she went to the lounge in hopes of actually following through with her goals. Upon her entrance it seemed that most people were already paired up in conversation so rather than intrude she took a seat by herself - already 0 for 0. She felt awkward as she took out some of the reading that was supposed to have been done over the summer break for her upcoming classes because to her she felt very aware that everybody was talking about their holidays while she was alone. This was, until, she was approached by a girl whose name escaped her but was certainly in classes with her. She looked up from the textbook and smiled. Stumbling with her words Kinsey said, “Sure - hi - uh yes,” as she tried to move her things out of the way for the girl.

((I'm so sorry this is so late I've been swamped D: ))

Acacia smiled cheerfully, grateful that the girl was happy to sit with her. "Thanks!" She said happily, brushing her hair back as she took a seat. "I'm Acacia, we've got some classes together, right?" She asked, still unable to place the girl's name. She set her magazine down but didn't open it yet, glancing at the other girl's books curiously. "What're you studying?" Acacia knew that really she should be studying herself, but the less she thought about her pile of homework the happier she was. Besides, she was hardly going to give Mom and Dad the satisfaction of getting better grades than Cedar. Not a chance. Acacia was more interested in making friends and feeling settled in at her new school, and this seemed a perfect chance to do exactly that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back