Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Derek<3
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Rigid Rosewood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Athena had been thinking of seeing her cousin Emilia after her breakup with Derek, who now became a better friend of Athena. If you thought about it, it was strange how things went. But Athena didn't knew Emilia her side of the story and they didn't spoke to eachother she knew. But she was not a person to judge easily. She had been thinking that Emilia would go to her to tell how she felt. It was not that she and Emilia saw eachother that often, they were family and in the breaks they always visited Denmark together with the family's to spend time with the grandparents. Emilia still lived in Denmark but both Evelyn's family and Athena's had been leaving Denmark to live elsewhere. Athena loved her family and was a protective person for the people she loved, but from her point of view Emilia was busy with her own friends and when she still was dating with him. Emilia didn't shown much interest for Athena and Athena figured if her cousin wanted her help or something she could come to her as well. But she forgot for a moment that she and Emilia were a bit different sometimes. Emilia was more shy than she was, but that seemed to be changed as well. She didn't knew how her cousin was anymore. So it was time to speak to her again, she didn't want things to be weird if she saw her and Derek together as friends. And Athena just felt it took too long she hadn't seen her cousin yet. So she would find her. And hear her out or ask her why she didn't came to see her. It was sure that she was hurt by the breakup.

Athena walked out of the common room and figured she could try at the Heta Omega room or close. The blonde walked towards to hallway and looked around. She tried to spot a blonde girl. Every girl in the Manning/Holmgaard family had blonde hair. Except for her sister ofcourse, that was an exception. And she would join them next year on the school. From the outside you could not tell she was a part of the family. But that didn't matter to Athena. Family was family and she hoped Emilia would see it that way too. Still searching for her cousin she didn't paid attention to where she was going and bumped into a blonde girl with her back.

Emilia had had a tumultuous year, but felt like shew as finally in a good spot. She was mostly focusing her attention on Heta Omega, along with a bit of studying for the OWLs. Emilia was glad with the friends she had. Acacia and Jacob were two of her best friends, and both had shown her that they were there for her in various ways. She was a little upset with her cousin, but hadn't known how to deal with it. Ever since she saw Athena and Derek together at a dance, she had been upset with Athena. She didn't think they had been there as dates, but it was clear that Athena had picked a fight after their breakup, and it wasn't with her own cousin. It had been months now, without any attempt from Athena to figure out how she was doing. A part of her had wondered if she should ask Athena herself, but had decided against it in the end. Confronting her was scary, and it was easier to ignore the situation for now and just keep going with what she was doing. She had a few rolls of parchments in her arms as she walked to the Heta Omega clubroom. She was hoping to show her co president some ideas she had for the next meeting, hoping she would agree with her ideas. Someone bumped into her, and Emilia dropped a few of the rolls. She hadn't been paying much attention herself, so she started to apologize until she noticed it was her cousin. She sighed. "Athena." She said, not looking at her as she bent down to pick up the parchment. "You should look where you are going." She said quietly.

Athena was too busy in her mind with everything. She was excited after getting a letter from Evelyn and her mother about the fashionbrand she was starting. Athena wanted to help more than anything with making a name and she always loved how Evelyn looked so if she could wear the clothes Evelyn had made she would be feeling more pretty and confident for sure. And she figured both she and Emilia could help Evelyn with that. Even help her out with making pictures. No that she was good at that, but perhaps moddeling since her mother asked her too. Her mother was even thinking of helping Evelyn out with her brand and working together. When she saw to who she bumped it it was just exactly the person she was looking for. But seeing her was also strange, they hadn't spoken in a while. And Athena didn't knew if she should start about Derek and their break-up or not. She just wanted to see how she was doing. It didn't seemed an exciting hello, but she had bumped into her so that seemed normal. '' Emilia?'' Athena than said suprisingly. And bend down to help her pick up what had fallen down.
'' Sorry. Didn't saw you there. Are you busy?'' Athena than asked her cousin. They needed to talk for sure. Athena felt that family was important and she and Emilia were friends before coming to Hogwarts. They played together and all but they had grown apart it seemed.

Faced with her cousin, Emilia suddenly felt nervous. It had been easy to be angry with her at a distance, but now she wondered if she should confront her. She really didn't' want to. Emilia picked up the rolls of paper and took what Athena handed to her without looking at her. She shrugged at her question. "I suppose not." She said softly, avoiding her gaze.

Athena looked at Emilia and noticed how she was not looking back. She was distant it seemed? Like she was mad? Or was it just because she was so busy with Heta Omega and all or something she figured. Athena sighted shortly. '' Can we talk? I feel like we are growing apart. And I don't want that.'' Athena than said and pointed at the bench in the hallway. She hoped Emilia would come along.

Emilia felt her annoyance grow and she frowned at her cousin before looking away again. "You're talking already, you can go on." She said coldly. "Though you could have done so earlier." She added, now unable to hide her frustration any longer. "I know you knew I went through a hard time, but you didn't come to check on me at all." She said bitterly.

Athena didn't liked when people argued or were mad. And when Emilia reacted on her she was kind of shocked. She had never seen Emilia that way. But she had changed it seemed, got more confident. When they both came on Hogwarts Athena remembered how shy she was, and looked at her now?! '' Okay..?'' She than responded at first. A bit suprised by how. And when Emilia than reacted Athena knew what this was going on. She was mad because she didn't seek her out. Athena sighted shortly. She let Emilia let out her frustration because otherwise she would not listen she figured. Athena still stood there and wanted to sit down, but that didn't seemed to be going to happen so gave it up.
'' You are mad at me?'' Athena than asked. She didn't liked it, she didn't liked confrontations but she could not walk away from this. '' I figured you had enough friends, since we didn't saw eachother that much. I tried to reach out but you were so busy all the time. I thought perhaps when you needed me or wanted to talk you would go to me.'' Athena than explained. But Emilia was right in some ways too. '' But you are important to me, family is. Sorry if it seemed I didn't cared.'' Athena than said to Emilia.

Somehow, it was more frustrating that Athena seemed so surprised by her reaction. Emilia knew she didn't often get angry, but she was upset with her cousin and even more upset that she hadn't seemed to realize. "I am." She said. "You 'figured' a lot of things without bothering to ask. Yes, I have friends I could talk to... but it would have been nice if you had shown any sign of worrying about me." She said, growing more upset as she put it into words. "I didn't notice you trying to reach out." She added with a frown. "And... and you did have time to talk to Derek. Instead of me. I saw you two. That doesn't make it seem like I'm so important." She added, getting to the source of what was upsetting her. "You don't think he has plenty of friends to talk to that aren't you?" It had felt like Derek was more important or interesting to talk to than Emilia, and it felt like Athena had picked the other side. She knew it wasn't entirely fair, but she also knew that if Athena had been broken up with, Emilia wouldn't go chatting with the boy who had done it while ignoring her cousin.

Athena waited and saw how Emilia really was indeed mad at her. Athena looked at the ground for a moment not sure how to react at it. It was good for Emilia that she stood up for herself and stuff but Athena was really suprised by this. Not that she came up with this but the way she put it. Than she started about Derek and Athena felt now the one shy of the two. It was not true about Derek and friends. So many friends he didn't had. But it was clear Emilia was mad. But Athena was a bit irritated to, Emilia never came to her as well. Before this situation already.
'' Ok. I'm sorry. But you should have come to me than. Instead of waiting now and me to come at you and talk. Now it are all emotions you had in you a while it seemed. You were so busy with your friends and with Derek when you two dated. You never came to see me as well. I figured you would not needed me anymore.''
Athena said and put her arms over eachother. '' Perhaps I should have come to you sooner. But I runned into Derek in the student lounge and he seemed upsad. I didn't choose a side or something if it looked that way. I was just listening. And wanted to do the same with you.'' Athena than said truthfully. She didn't knew how she would react in Emilia's position. But when Derek was talking to Diana she seemed jealous or something as well. She hoped this wasn't the case now. Because Athena only saw Derek as a friend. '' Perhaps it is now too late. But I'm still here for you in case you want to talk. '' Athena than added. And she waited on the response.

Emilia frowned at her Athena. "If I'm upset and the whole school knows about it, I expect you as my cousin to seek me out. I shouldn't have to come for you even if I had been busy with Derek when we dated." She paused. "Actually that means it's even more clear to you that the breakup must have upset me... we used to spend all our time together." Her voice faltered. She was still sad about it, even though it had been a long time now. She had just felt so lost without him. "It does feel like you picked a side. It's not normal to talk to him before you got my side of the story, at least not if you actually care." Emilia said accusingly, all her feelings returning from before. "But you didn't do the same with me. Even at the dance you spent time with him." She added with a frown. "Did he tell you what happened? How he broke up with me?" She was still mostly upset with Derek for the way he had done it, because by now she understood that it had been inevitable. But to break up with her so suddenly in front of one of the biggest gossips at school... that had been mean, and Emilia had never thought Derek could be mean.

Athena continued to be suprised by how Emilia reacted, but accepted the fact that she didn't knew Emilia anymore as the person she had inside of her mind. And ofcourse she could become upsad and angry as well but not like this she knew. Athena figured people had saw it and the big gossip queen Diana Holland had spread it or something, but Athena just ignored that. She only heard some stuff. She could easily ignore it or stand above it but Emilia seemed to have trouble with that. Athena got a bit irritated since Emilia only saw her side in this story and not hers. Athena had been apologizing to her now a few times. But she never came to see her when she and Derek still dated or when this drama wasn't going on. '' Long before you dated Derek you didn't even came to see me anymore. It felt like you forgot about me. You spend your time with Jacob and your other friends, and I with mine. You changed a lot you know. I'm glad you became all confident, but I don't know you that well anymore.'' Athena than said honest. She had always learned to speak the truth and this was it for her now. She put her arms across eachother to defend herself a bit. She had made a mistake in the way she had been speaking to Derek perhaps and not her family first. She admitted that. But she saw things from different perspectives. And while they were talking she would put her own feelings on the table as well. '' What did I had to do than? Leave him be and ignore him? I saw a sad person. And offered my help. If you were sitting there I would have done the same or anyone. I wanted to talk to you first, but that didn't happen. I'm sorry again, I would say it a hundred time. I made a mistake, family is important to me.'' Athena than explained and sighted. If she would not be pleased with this Athena didn't knew what to do anymore.

When Emilia talked about the dance Athena thought at it for a moment. '' Perhaps you two should talk.'' Athena than responded. '' Just hear eachother out. Not with someone around. '' She than nodded at her question. '' He told me indeed. I would be sad too Emilia. But Diana is just a stupid gossip and drama maker. Ignore her and what people would think. Do you want to add something still? I would never choose a side for either you or Derek. '' Athena than added.

Emilia frowned when Athena suddenly accused her of not seeing her anymore. "Sorry, what? You got your own friend group in Gryffindor too. You were always hanging out with your friends as well, and Jacob is your friend too." She said, not sure why Athena was now putting the blame on her. "I changed because I had to. I just became more like you and Evelyn." She pointed out, as she had specifically tried to be more like her Gryffindor cousins. "Yes! You should have ignored him. He's going to be fine. He has his own friends." She snapped. "You can say sorry all you want, but you keep defending yourself too." She said with a frown. At the suggestion of talking to Derek, Emilia immediately shook her head. "No. He made his point." She said. "And don't just put the blame on Diana. He's friends with her, and he's the one who chose to dump me without any reason in front of her." She snapped. "You should be picking a side, mine. If a boy treated you like that I wouldn't be on his side, I would be on your side." She argued, getting more heated. "But one would have to like you first." She added spitefully.

When Athena listened to Emilia it seemed like she just didn't want to see that a relationship between people came from two sides. And that it wasn't only her that had not put as much effort into it as she had liked. Ofcourse she was hanging out with Mazi a lot, but Athena didn't had that much of friends. Just people she sometimes saw, but a friend was more than just that. And she could count them on one hand. Jacob she hadn't spoken to in a long time, at first she did and she liked him. But she didn't knew if Jacob saw her as her friend. He seemed busy with the people that played quidditch or others. Athena just kept silent she figured, because it had no point in arguing about this. Emilia saw it differently it seemed. But Athena felt she became a bit irritated about it. But the way she said she had to change, that didn't sound right to Athena and she sighted shortly. Was that what she was doing? Trying to be someone she wasn't? '' Who said you needed to change? And how much I like Evelyn and look up to her. I am myself. You just need to be yourself.'' Athena than said to her cousin, not sure what she wanted to achieve with being more like Evelyn and her? But she knew Emilia had it difficult when she wasn't sorted in Gryffindor.

Athena put her arms over eachother and stood there watching Emilia speak. It became more crowded and Athena started to notice people looking when they walked by. It wasn't the must busy corridor. She was clear about not speaking to Derek and Athena would not even try to put effort into it from Emilia's side. When she started to defend Diana, Athena didn't understood it anymore. The blonde than thought of what she said before about that she had to be more like Evelyn and her. '' I liked the old Emilia more.'' Athena than said to Emilia when she saw her being so mad and just looking at things from one side. Athena just listened this time more than reacting. But she felt irritated she did not liked where this conversation went. And ofcourse she didn't figured it would be all over with one apology. But when Emilia spoke of she had to pick one side and it ended in a personal thing that really hurted Athena she felt mad and mostly sad. Athena wasn't as confident as Emilia always thought she was. And having a relationship and a boy who liked you was something Athena dreamed of but hadn't experianced indeed. But the way her cousin said it to here it seemed like she wanted to hurt her. Athena felt really insecure right now and had trouble hiding the hurt in her face. She runned away quickly with tears in her eyes without saying something back. She needed to be gone and went to her bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back