Collecting them like stickers

Alex Sheffield

OOC First Name
Patrick
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Flexible Walnut Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
The student lounge was an area Alex didn't quite explore all that much. He quickly assumed that he's gonna love this place, any place like a social hub is something great in his eyes.

He settled down into one of the free seats, watching as other students conversed and argued. He could spend ages here..

But still, he was in the crowd, yet he was all alone. There must have been someone he could talk to.

A week after the sorting and arriving at Hogwarts New Zealand, the news about Delphine being in Ravenclaw was wide spread among the Grimbald clan in different parts of France. Her grandparents were specially happy about it but her parents on the other hand, were not amused about it. They took it hard but can't do much about it as Delphine was far away from their grip. They sent her a letter though or a howler perhaps as her mother's voice in French screamed at her while having a nice breakfast at the great hall one day. Although it was in French, she still felt embarrassed.

Now almost the end of term, she was worried to go home. The Grimbald children weren't abused or anything at home but their parents hawk eyes were always on them who didn't get the houses they wanted. Only Delphine and Jean were the ones who aren't in Slytherin house and she's worried she might get bullied by her other two siblings. Entering her favorite spot in the castle, the student lounge, Delphine started to look around for a seat when she noticed a boy. Alone.

Delphine, cautious at all times, thought of saying hi but her feet won't budge. It's been months and the only person she knows around is a muggleborn who she loath. Maybe she'll be lucky and meets a pureblood. Sighing, Delphine made a move and slowly walked toward the boy. As she was near, the redhead smiled. "Hi, there." She greeted the boy.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry if there are mistakes in grammar. Roleplaying on a phone is a professional talent and I'm not that professional at it xD

Alex was taken by surprise by the redhead. It's usually Alex that approaches others in these kinds of situations. He was very pleasantly surprised when he looked up to see the red haired Ravenclaw. Ever since he was a kid, he was fascinated by his cousins red hair. He always believed it had magical properties. But who knows, back then magic was just a fairy tale.
He stood up, as anyone with decent behaviour would do, with a genuine wide smile across his face. If there's one thing Alex loved, it was meeting new people.

"Ey u-.. I mean, hello there." He almost let his accent slip although he was proud of where he comes from and his accent, the Yorkshire accent can sound rude at times when it's really not. First impressions were important and he was siming for a good one. He wasn't sure if the girl was there to meet, or just to ask a question and buzz off.

OOCOut of Character:
My PC died a week ago. I've been using mobile for a week.

Delphine was surprised when the boy, about her age, stood up and greeted her back. She could recognized a true gentleman at work by the way he acted. The young redhead Ravenclaw giggled and said, "Is the seat taken across from you?" She pointed at the chair with her eyes and back to the boy. Although growing up French, they were taught to speak fluent English as well with out leaving any French accent. Though it changes when she's very mad and would just speak in French. "I'm Delphine, by the way." Delphine introduce herself and looked around awkwardly as she stood there, hands behind her back.

Alex shook his head, with the smile still on his face.
"No, please, have a seat."
Before she sat down, however, Alex offered her a handshake, as he introduced himself.
"Nice t' meet you, Delphine, I'm Alex Shieffield from a city called Sheffield", he chuckled, as he sat back down into his seat he was glad another first year approached him, very curious about Delphine, and her likes and dislikes.

The boy informed to her that the seat was free and that she could have a sit. Though when he offered her a hand shake, Delphine took a moment before taking it. "Enchanté de vous rencontrer(very nice to meet you, too)" She said in French before taking her hand back from the boy whose name is Alex Sheffield. The Ravenclaw sat opposite Alex. "So, bored, huh?" She asked as the obvious which was dumb of her. It was always the boys who start conversation first when she was growing up in France and this is weird for her to just meet someone without her parents involvement. "Are you, by any chance, likes Quidditch?" Delphine asked, the young Ravenclaw didn't care if she bore someone with her stories about world cup. Delphine enjoys Quidditch as much as her parents.

Alex nodded, followed by a sigh, as he took out the guitar that sat behind his seat, not visible to Delphine until now, placing it in his lap.

"Been playing this, but even that grew old."

He strummed the strings once, placing it next to his seat, focusing back to Delphine. A wide smile lit up on his face.

"Oh I love it. I didn't have any interaction with it, I've only seen the inter-house tournaments. It became my dream to play it."

He smirked, crossing one leg over.

The first year Ravenclaw crossed her legs, a habit that stuck on her. Alex, who revealed that he plays an instrument, made Delphine want to learn more about the boy. The prim French girl was a master of piano but she would like to try other instruments to further her learning about music. Quidditch and music was the only thing she's good at. "I would like to learn to play a guitar but ..." Delphine raised her hands, her face disappointed. "... Mother and father would never let these hands get callus." She let her hands down on her lap lazily after. But that didn't bother her for too long as Alex said that he loved the sport but was rather curious about the no interaction with it. Delphine knows that some had rode a broom with someone before, a dad or a sibling. "Are you serious, you've never ridden a broom before? Not even supervised by an adult or have watched the world cup?" Delphine doesn't want to judge people right away but she knows something was up with Alex and she's scared of her own prediction. Delphine pursed her lips, she had never been a rebel before but if she wants to survive Hogwarts, she needs friends and lots of them.

Alex shruged, looking down to his own hardened fingertips. He didn't understand why her parents would prohibit that.

"Well, if you ever change your, or your parents' mind, I could teach you!", he'd give her a nice confident smile.

Going back to the theme of Quidditch, Delphine flooded him with questions, which he answered right away.

"I've ridden a broom, I've been to classes... Although not too much. And I haven't seen the world cup, but I would love to!", he smiled from ear to ear, before letting the smile fall back down.

"Well, I'm muggle-born, that's probably why."
Alex had no clue of prejudices surrounding the blood status. A lot of people mentioned it but he never let it sink in.

Delphine chuckled nervously, a muggleborn of all blood status in the world, she would meet another one. Her grin wasn't genuine anymore, she's trying to be friendly without offending Alex but it seems Delphine was tired of it all. Her parents doesn't have to know she has met at least two muggleborns. She bit her lip softly as to not burst out the words she wanted to say and to calm her down as well. "Oh, you'll love it more if you go to the world cup. It's held every four years. Maybe then, you'll have your favorite team? I'm from France, so, I support the French team which are fairly good." Delphine ramble without stopping for a breath. Nervousness overcomes her and anxiety kicks in. She sat up more comfortably and said, "So, what else do you like besides playing the guitar?" Maybe at this point of changing topics, her anxiety will subside and be forgotten.

Alex nodded along, excited to hear about the world cup, curious to find more about it.

"Oh I wonder how the English team is doing. Looking forward to find out more about it."

The conversation flew in another directon, however, and Alex couldn't help but shrug.

"Well uh.. Not much. Beside the guitar, all I do otherwise is roam and explore the grounds, and meeting a lot of people like you. "

He smiled, scratching his head.

"That's pretty boring, don't you think?" Delphine asked. She looked around to see if something worth while can be played but it seems only books are around. Delphine is a studious kid but too much will just make her sanity level go insane. "If you're a muggleborn ... what's it like to live with no magic people? Is it really that bad? My mum said your kind are the scum of the world." She was true to what she was saying. Delphine's mother can be cruel and she doesn't hide it from everyone, even to her children. "I'm sorry if I'm asking. Just curious as I have never gone nor met a muggle before." But she admits to get jealous of muggleborns and muggles alike. They have unlimited access to newer things than the wizarding folks but she knows that there are drawbacks.

"Aye, it is."
He said with a tad frown. He looked around as well, but he instead analized the people around them. Alex is a very social animal, and human interactions fascinated him. The few people around that were laughing caught his attention, but he paid more attention to tge conversation.

"Well uh-... It's not bad at all, really. You don't even know there's something that amazing like magic around, so your expectations aten't that high, which is a good thing, because once you discover and explore the magical world it's the best thing in your life. While, on the other hand, if you're born into magic, it's your everyday normal thing. It's not that special, if you know what I mean?"

After finishing, Alex couldn't believe he had a whole speech about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back