Coffee Bean

Zane Preston

OOC First Name
Teigs
Sexual Orientation
Gay AF
xx-Takes place after LOST
Zane had to take pity on the poor, pathetic-looking kid. If left out here to his own devices, he was definitely going to be food for the vultures, so to speak. How lucky this boy was to have run into Zane like this? Zane shook his head. This boy willing decided to walk to where he was going? He didn't even know where that was evidently and he thought he could get there on his own? What is wrong with this boy? He had to wonder, because he was sure there was some serious naivety at work here. There had to be something up with him. Declan must be some son of a dark wizard or something. Why else would anyone let him out on his own? He was a walking kidnapping waiting to happen. "You decided it would be a nice walk? But you didn't think it would be this hard? Are you serious? You have to be the dumbest thing next to a muggle that I have ever had the misfortune of running into." Zane could not believe this. For all honesty, Zane was beginning to feel a little uneasy. There was no way this guy was really this stupid and if that were true, then he was one hell of an actor and probably really powerful. Now was the time to tread carefully. Zane had no idea what was going through his head at this precise moment.

Zane walked beside Declan and quickly remembered that he stood out rather absurdly and shifted his jacket off of his shoulders. Handing it out to Declan. "Here. If you insist on doing this, atleast cover up alittle. You stick out too much for me to feel comfortable." He sighed, he was being nice now? What was going on with him. Just because this kid looked like an innocent little puppy, doesn't mean he actually was. But who knew, maybe he really was. In which case Zane was really in trouble. This is bad. Zane looked over at Declan when he heard him speak. Mike? Reallly? He sniggered slightly and shook his head. "Can't think of something better? I'm Zane. I look nothing like a Mike. Matt, maybe." And now there was the name. What is this? "If you don't mind my asking. Who are you visiting? And why can't you speak english? I mean isn't that kind of a requirement to even be in this country?" Wasn't it?

Delcan watched with a small mix of amusement and irritation as the guy seemed to think over his rather rash decision. when he came to his conclusion, Declan simply rolled his eyes. It was a bit of a dumb thing to do. But the last thing he thought would happen was for him to get lost. Danika made the directions seem so easy, but they weren't. besides, he couldn't apparate everywhere for the rest of his life, he would never see anything. Apparating was efficient, but sometimes efficiency could be ignored if there was a chance for adventure! "I apologise for being such a misfortune. you didn't have to talk to me, that was entirely your decision. I would never have even bothered you." Sure, he'd probably still be lost in there, but now he was wondering if he should have just stayed there until Danika found him, she would have found him. She always did.

Declan was taken by surprised when the jacket was offered to him. What was with this guy? He was really weird. One minute he was calling Declan an idiot, and now he was giving him jackets? Declan rolled his eyes and slipped the jacket on. "Thank you." It wasn't that bad. atleast they were starting to leave the dark, creepy part. Unfortunately, the creepy guy seemed to have portable creepiness with him. Declan eyed 'Mike' suspciously when he insulted his designated name. Apparently, his real name was Zane. That was a nice name, but Declan couldn't be sure if it was his real name. He didn't exactly care, he wasn't looking for befriending the man, he wasn't crazy. For one thing, his sister would skin him alive for being so silly. "Zane is a nice name, far better than 'Matt'. You don't look like a Matt." To Declan, Sane looked a little more like someone that he shouldn't be chatting to, he should have apparated. But alas, that ship had pretty much sailed by now. He could still apparate, but now it'd just be rude. Declan shook his head to himself. Rude? He was concerned with appearing rude? 'I really am an idiot' Declan was pulled from his thoughts when Zane spoke once more. For a creep that thought he was the stupidest individual on the planet, he sure liked to talk to him a lot. "I can speak English... sort of. I am just far better at French. There are people that can't even speak English here." Not everyone was brilliant at languages. Declan was only fluent in two, but he was getting there with English... at the pace of a snail. "And if you must know, I am visiting my sister." He added as an afterthought.

Zane sighed as he looked at the blonde boy next to him. He couldn't understand why he was being nice, he doesn't do nice. He was never nice to people, well except for Buddy, but he was Zane's bestfriend, despite not knowing alot about him, but that was how things were with him. It was ridiculous that he be feeling like a nice person all of a sudden. The only way he was able to make himself feel normal was by teasing the guy. Even then he was far from his normal attitude. Even though they could have apparated, he wanted to go somewhere first, maybe then this guy wouldn't be feeling so scared. "Look, I'm sorry I said that okay, can we please just drop it now? Besides, what do you honestly think would have happened to you if you weren't with me right now, huh?" He asked. Really, Declan was lucky. If Zane hadn't come along it could have been someone worse and he definitely wouldn't have gotten out of there alive, that was for sure. He sighed and turned his face away as he thought of the many horrible things he had seen happen to young veelas that fell in with the wrong crowd. It was never pretty, never ever. Zane nodded when Declan thanked him for the jacket. It was really more for his own comfort then for the blondes. The less people could see him, the better Zane felt about walking through the depths of hell as they were now. "Don't thank me Blondie, it was more for my benefit then yours, believe me." He told him, refusing to look in the younger's direction.

Zane bit his lip as he got to the place he was heading for. It was a small cafe just outside of the dark part of town and he had enjoyed many an evening here. He smiled softly as he remembered some of his fondest memories were made in this place. He looked over his shoulder at Declan and laughed slightly when Declan commented on his name, though he got the feeling that he was not being believed about his name. "I assure you, Zane is really my name. If you noticed I haven't told you my last name, but the first name is usually fine. Besides, if I didn't want you to know who I was, I would not be talking to right now. Okay?" He asked, tilting his head at the almost hostile response to where he had been heading. "Um... what the hell was that, I was just asking a question. What's with the attitude?" He asked, steering them towards the door of the cafe. "This is one of my favourite places, it makes some great food and the coffee is excellent. It's getting pretty late, are you hungry? I promise this will be some of the best food you've ever eaten!" He told his companion, genuinely smiling for the first time that day. The atmosphere here was amazing and the waitstaff were very pleasant, he always walked out with a very empty wallet after all the tips he liked to give. He walked closer to the cafe and stepped inside.

Declan shook his head at himself. He could be doing something different right now. He could be with Danika right now. It was so unfair. His current company was not really someone he felt that he could hold a conversation with. He was weird and Declan really had little interest in talking to him. However, he looked at Zane, attempting to hide his surprise. He didn't look like someone that apologised on a regular basis. In fact, he felt that Zane looked a little awkward whilst actually attempting to apologise. Since he was a horrible person, Declan nodded appreciatively and forced a smile on his face. "Thank you. It shall be dropped." As Zane continued, Declan forced the urge to roll his eyes down. and simply shrugged. "I'd probably be dead, seriously injured or safely home with my heart attempting to shatter my ribcage." He replied. It was probably true, though he was quite sure that he'd be able to get out of the situation. Declan was always good at running away from complications.

All respect (which was not much) that Zane had managed to scrounge together was just put up in flames. Blondie? Did he just call him Blondie? Declan frowned slightly. He hated being called that. He absolutely hated it. Sometimes his siblings would call him 'blondie' because he was seriously daft sometimes. Even his little brother Dexter and little sisters, who weren't even ten yet, called him blondie. So did his cousins and some of his friends and his parents. Now this guy? He shook his head rigidly. "Whatever, just don't call me that." Or he'd have to think up a dreadful name for Zane. His mind was already working on it. Declan continued to looked around as they entered a more open part. He felt better here. When Zane laughed, his attention was once again captured by the brunette, and he nodded. "Of course." Was all he decided to say. Usually, Declan could talk up a storm, but right now he wasn't in his element, but the cafe did look inviting. He could feel himself starting to brighten. Declan rolled his eyes when Zane seemed to snap at him. It reminded him far too much of Danika. "That was an answer. It's not my fault you expected it to be kinder. I'll try to hold my tongue next time." he was being a bit of a brat, but sometimes it just happened when he was irritated. When Zane seemed genuinely... something on the positive side of the emotional scale, Declan tilted his head and looked around. It was nice here, and the sweet smells was nice. But eventually, he shook his head. He was a little hungry, but he wasn't going to eat right now. He wasn't about to faint or anything. "No, I'm fine. I don't feel like eating and I don't want to intrude." He wasn't being rude, he was being timid. eating out wasn't something Declan enjoyed, people made him uncomfortable. he much preferred to be with family or close friends.

Zane sighed in spite of everything that he was doing. This one was going to be a handful, he could see that just be looking at the blonde in front of him. He was attracted to the younger guy, that much was obvious to himself, but he didn't know what else he felt. Physical attraction was common, it was emotional and intellectual attraction that he craved, otherwise all that was there was sex. Is that all her wanted? Was that all he wanted from his partners? He could get anyone to sleep with him, that was easy, but to get someone to actually love him, someone that he felt mutually for. He shook his head an sighed, why was he getting all sentimental all of a sudden? This was stupid, he had just met this guy and now he was thinking about love. Gah! What is it with this guy. He was so vanilla, this is just wrong. Zane had no right to be anywhere near this guy. It was just wrong. He would damage what innocence this guy had left in a matter of minutes, it would be that easy. "Your Ribcage would be the least of your worries. Trust me. I would be more worried about your blood if I were you." He said raising an eyebrow. It was obvious to Zane that this person in front of him was in fact a Veela. It was just something he could sense. Even if males of the species did not have any special powers, their blood could still make for some good potion ingredients. His blood would be the first thing someone would rid him of. Very painfully and very slowly. He rolled his eyes. Obviously he didn't like being called Blondie. Oh well, maybe it would help him to keep his distance.

"You don't like being called Blondie? I apologise..." He called, before smirking openly, "Blondie" He was never going to get enough of saying that, it was funny to see his face every time he said it. If he didn't want that to be his nickname, he should have been born, a redhead, or maybe a brunette. Though, then it would have been called a ranga or something else. There really weren't that many names one could give to someone of the brunette gene. He had never gotten any names from his own hair colour as a child. "It really is my name. I swear. Why would I bother lying now? What would be the point?" He sighed when it was obvious that the guy was being a brat. He was acting like a brat and to be honest it was kind of really pissing him off. He was simply trying to be nice and make conversation and Blondie was acting like a spoiled little kid. Zane bet that he had everything in his life that he could possibly want. He grabbed his arm alittle more roughly then he intended and pulled him close glaring at him. "Now you listen to me you little brat. Stop acting like a spoiled little kid and be nice. I am simply trying to make conversation there is no need for you to be such a little b*tch. Got it?" He asked as he threw him away from himself and walked into the cafe. "It's up to you if you come or not. I really don't care. You've pissed me off, which is not good for you and now I need to calm myself. I will be inside if you change your mind." He told him through gritted teeth. He had to visibly restrain himself from punching the little veela. He had never been this angry with one person and allowed them to get away bruise free. This was definitely a first. Zane turned his back on the blonde and walked inside the cafe, taking his usual seat and ordering a cappuccino for himself and a hot coco for Blondie. He would be here, Zane knew it.

Declan looked at Zane for a second, but quickly looked away. He never got how people could tell he had veela blood in his veins. It was irritating. When he looked in the mirror he didn't see a massive sign over his head announcing his blood status, but everyone else seemed to be able to guess. Kids at school and people he meets on the street. They would all guess or ask about his blood. He might as well have it tattooed onto his face. But never had he felt the need to worry about his blood and he wasnt entirely sure what Zane meant by that, but something told him that he didn't want to know, and so he let it drop. However, he rolled his eyes when Zane continued to call him Blondie. Like he hadn't seen that one coming. This meant that he had to think up a horrifying name for Zane, something that he felt would suit him quite nicely. But it'd have to come later. 'Chocolate' just didn't sound right, it sounded like the pet name for a rabbit. As the name issue continued, Declan sighed. "Fine, I believe you. Let's just drop it."

Declan was never appreciative of being grabbed by anyone. The only person that had ever actually gotten away with pulling him around was his little brother, Dexter, but with him, it was just easier to go along with everything the boy desired, rather than actually tell him what to do. Zane was most certainly not Dexter, and so Declan glared right back. He wasn't completely spineless. He attempted to push Zane away by shoving him with his free hand. "Let go of me!" It was futile in the end. The only thing he managed to do was piss him off and get pushed back. Well, now he really didn't feel like having anything to eat. He'd rather die of starvation. He didn't really care if he had managed to piss Zane off, because it was no-longer his problem. He was on an open street and not in a deep, dark alley. Unfortunately, there was another problem. Now he didn't even know where he was lost. Atleast in the alley he knew where about on the map he was looking, but here he had no idea. Also, his English left a lot to be desired and it would be his luck that he'd never find anther person that could speak English and French as well as Zane could. This really sucked. Delcan growled to himself. He was going in and he was going to try and play nice. Even if it was all too obvious that Zane wanted to punch him in the face.

Declan slowly turned around and stormed further into the cafe, ignoring the people inside. It wasn't like he could talk to them anyway. The only person that he could communicate with was Zane, who seemed hell-bent on staying here, and right now, where ever Zane was, Declan was probably going to be nearby, until he could figure out a way to actually get away. Declan sat in the seat opposite of Zane and folded his arms across his chest. He felt uncomfortable here, there were far too many people for him to relax. He looked rested his eyes on Zane, trying to appear comfortable, but he felt like he was failing miserably. However, his attention was taken away from the other people of the cafe when a hot coco was sat in front of him. He loved hot coco, who didn't love hot coco? It was one of his favourite things to drink when in a Bulgarian winter. He'd be all rugged up on the couch with his siblings and they'd all be drinking hot coco, though these days he'd be curled up by himself sipping hot coco. "Oooh," he cupped his hands around the mug, much like a moth would fly towards light, and looked into the swirling hot coco. He looked at the waiter and gave him a smile. "Thank you." he then turned to Zane and nodded to him. "And thank you, Zane."

Zane sighed and fell into the seat as he took in the atmosphere of the place currently around him. It was really no wonder why he liked being here so much. They sold all sorts of things here. It was all made by hand as well, no magic was used. Zane was a firm believer that to really get the best out of food, you had to go at it the muggle way. He always preferred his pasties and cakes from here because he could almost feel the care and work that went into creating each individual piece. This was a place that the young crime boss had spent a lot of time in. He had bought Buddy here a couple of times, but he was always depressive and there was basically nothing that could cheer him up at all. Zane sighed. He was really sad what was going on with Buddy. He still wasn't sure exactly what it was, but he knew it was something. Something serious. He turned to look out the window next to him. He smirked to himself as he watched Blondie through the glass. Several times it looked like he was actually going to walk away. But then he would turn back and face the cafe. This was the best feeling in the world as far as Zane was concerned. He knew that Blondie had no idea where he was and so wouldn't know where he was going. He didn't like to say that he had deceived the guy, but that was kind of exactly what had happened. It was wrong of him, he knew that, but he wanted to know about Blondie... Declan. There was just something about him that was... interesting? to Zane. He needed to find out what it was.

Just as Blondie sat down across from him, the waiter had brought there drinks. It appeared that Blondie liked hot coco huh? He was going to have to make a mental note of that. He didn't want to forget it. When Blondie thanked him, Zane nearly spit out his cappuccino. Really? He was being thanked now? This was new. Something he definitely wasn't used too. "Um... thats okay. I mean, who doesn't like hot chocolate right?" He asked as he ran his hand through his hair and turned his head away from the younger man. This was getting hard. In order to get his mind off of things, Zane beckoned over the waiter and ordered sme food. Anything Blondie wanted her could have, he told the waiter. It wasn't like he was the guy's stalker or anything. "So...Bl-uh Declan, how's the coco." He really couldn't think of what to say. He was way out of his comfort zone with this. People just didn't thank him. It wasn't that done thing.

Declan stared into his hot coco whenever there was silence. It was better than looking at Zane, because that'd just be downright weird. He frowned a little and looked up when he heard Zane's response. What was his problem? Had he never been thanked before? He looked genuinely stunned, and for a moment Declan considered that maybe Zane was against thanking people. Surely there was no culture out there that actually thought that, right? Declan slowly sipped his hot coco, waiting for a response, and hid his smiled behind the mug and tried his best to stop his shoulders from moving. This was not the time to giggle at the poor guy. They had just stopped yelling at each other, the blonde would hate for the yelling to begin again. He just looked so... awkward. Like a turtle. So instead, Declan simply nodded and continued the conversation as if nothing happened. "I agree. It's great to have in the winter months." especially if you leaved in a blizzard for most of the year, while is how Declan felt sometimes. But other years there would be very little snow.

Declan glanced at Zane, and then looked at the waiter once more. He elevated his eyebrow and rolled his eyes when he was allowed to order anything, but Zane referred to him as 'Blondie'. This made the waiter smirk a little, until Declan glared at him. That wiped the smile right off of his face. Before the guy left, he ordered what Zane had, a piece of chocolate cake. The blonde returned to sipping his hot coco. He didn't really have anything else to say. What was he supposed to say? 'How was your day?' or 'So... what's your last name?' It suddenly dawned on him that he knew very little about this guy. That was just so sad. This entire thing was just really ridiculous. He should at least know the last name of him, but he doubted he could just ask for it. He got the indication that he would have to wait until Zane felt like talking. Just as before, Zane seemed to stumble over his words. Declan used his mug to cover his smile and distracted his eyes with a portrait of some chick on the wall. "Oh... it's actually quite nice." He paused and bought his eyes back to Zane. He was still a little surprised about being called Declan. He would have thanked him, but since that didn't exactly work last time, he decided again it.

Declan put his mug down. It was time to stop hiding behind the mug and try to carry this conversation. Zane was doing poorly. Declan was usually a chatterbox, he was sure he could think up something. "So... what do you do for a living?" He then mentally slapped himself. That had to be the saddest, most pathetic excuse for a conversation starter he had ever come up with in his entire life. But at least it was something.
<i>
</i>

Zane was enjoying his cappuccino. He always did, there was no need to worry when he was here. He liked the way that the cooks here knew the way he wanted his food and his drinks. It was nice that he didn't have to include everything in his order. He smiled slightly as his ordered food made its way to his table and he looked at Declan. Zane nodded when Declan mentioned the fact that hot chocolate was good for those winter months. Declan had to agree. It was certainly true enough for him. Summer in England was cold enough, Winter was even colder. Sometimes he had hot chocolate to combat the cold, but more often then not he had coffee because he much prefered it over chocolate. He wasn't much of a chocolate eater in the first place anyway. "I agree with you, to a small extent anyway. I prefer to drink coffee though." He said as he took another sip of his coffee. Cappuccino really was the best. He noticed that Declan was hiding his mouth behind the cup and so he figured that e was probably laughing. Declan was definitely different to anyone Zane had ever met. He wondered what Buddy or his father would think if they ever met him, which they definitely wouldn't. He was glad to know that Declan liked the chocolate though, as much as he seemed to hate the name Blondie, he hadn't said anything when Zane had called him that name. That was something at least.

It was only when Declan asked what Zane did for a living that he stopped. What was he supposed to say? He ran a Crime Syndicate, but he couldn't tell the Blondie that. He was Vanilla. Besides, most of his subordinates didn't even know who he was. He had runners whom met with all of his contacts. You could never be too careful in this day and age. He shrugged and went with his legitimate business instead. "Well, I do some photography for some magazines. Mostly Landscaping, but sometimes I do people too, like portraits and stuff." He said as he took another sip of his drink. "What about you? What do you do?" He asked, leaning closer to hear the guy talk.

</SIZE></FONT>
<SIZE size="150">~~~
<i>
</i><FONT font="georgia">

After four cups of coffee, six hot chocolates, five chocolate cakes, two fruit cups and a medium sized yogurt bowl for two, Zane and Declan were more then ready to leave. Zane had to admit that he had never spent so much money on food for some-one ever. It was the weirdest thing. He smiled at his companion and gestured to the door. "You ready to get out of here? I know if I stay any longer, I won't be able to make my payments this week." He laughed as he beckoned the waiter over and asked for the cheque. Paying, he stood up and headed for the door. "I have to say, it's been a long time since I last did this... Thanks." Zane had enjoyed himself. He was glad that he had run into Declan now. Very glad indeed. He looked back at the waiter. "Actually, could I grab a coffee on my way out?" The waiter nodded and walked away. Zane smirked. Merlin he loved coffee. He turned to Declan. "Come on Blondie, get up. Don't be so lazy." He looked back when e heard the waiter call his name, he paid the bill and walked out of the store, sipping his coffee as he went. "Coffee is the best thing to ever be invented. If I ever met the inventor, I would kiss him." He said, grinning.

</FONT>
Declan was surprised to find that Zane was a photographer. The photographers he met were all very nice. Zane just seemed to... naturally rub people the wrong way. Declan could see him doing detective work or something, but not photography. It was really cool though, he must get to travel a lot, which was probably why he could speak French so well. Photography was something that Declan never really excelled at. He was just really bad at it. He'd try to take a decent photograph, and it would turn out horribly wrong. Either it'd be smudged, his finger would be in the way, or it just didn't look right. When the topic of conversation moved to his own job. Declan shrugged. It wasn't anything too amazing, just writing. Declan loved to write, but not novels. He had tried, but writing a novel was just too much for him. He liked writing articles and such. They were more fun and far more interesting. "I write for a Bulgarian magazine. I'm taking a break currently." Bulgaria was his home, so naturally he wrote for a magazine there. It was a nice magazine, run by nice people. "But that's boring. Tell me more about your photos!"
~~~
<FONT font="Times New Roman">
The blonde was not entirely sure how much time had passed. They had ran over a lot of topics. Including that Zane thought he was too vanilla for this area, whatever that meant. Declan rested on his palm. He felt just a little sick. Just a teeny bit. He hadn't really eaten that much in his entire life. But everything was just so nice here. They probably ran up the bill to a ridiculous price. However, before he could get his wallet out, Zane had already paid for everything. He smiled back at Zane and nodded. "Sure." He knew if he stayed any longer he was going to have to buy all new clothes in bigger sizes. He was once again surprised to hear the 'T' word. "Thanks?" He was almost whispering from surprise. In fact, he wasn't even sure if Zane actually heard him. He shook his head and spoke louder. "I mean, yeah sure, you're welcome. Any time." He smiled, but still remained in his seat. He just sat there and lent on his palm. He frowned when he was called lazy and Blondie, all in the same sentence. "I'm not lazy!" He protested, jumping up quickly. "See? Lazy people don't move like that."

Declan frowned when he smelt the coffee. Zane had been drinking a lot of that. Declan wasn't a fan of coffee, it smelt really bad. They walked for a little bit before Zane spoke again. Declan scoffed and began to laugh. He felt the same for hot coco, but definitely not coffee. He looked at Zane sceptically. "Coffee is horrible for you." He stated, shaking his head. "It stains your teeth, stuns your growth and gives you bad breath."

Zane looked at Declan sceptically. He was sure he had heard something come out of that guys mouth just a moment ago. "What did you say?" He thought had whispered something. Why did he whisper, what was the point? Zane smirked, Declan was stil not comfortable with him it seemed. Oh well, he was sure things like that happened. Not to him specifically, but it apparently it happened. It was happening now after all. "Now, I know you just said something, but for the sake of keeping you happy, I am just going to ignore it." Zane then laughed when Declan mentioned about not being lazy. So that's what he thought? Well unfortunately he was sadly mistaken and Zane was going to make sure he knew that. He shook his head. "Sorry, but that's not true. I mean, your lazy, and you just moved like that. It has to be false information right?" He then turned his face away and hid his laugh behind his coffee, in much the same way as Declan had earlier in the day. Zane only just noticed how dark it had gotten. It had to be about midnight by now. How the heck was he suposed to get this guy back home.

Zane stopped walking when Declan was bagging out Coffee. He was being terribly rude to the Coffee and Zane did not appreciate. Zane bared his teeth ate Declan. "Well, as you can see my teeth are white, not stained. I am six foot two. How can that be possible Blondie, really?" Then Zane smirked, he had just formuated a most delightful plan. This would be a great time to try out the guys reflexes. Well, fun for him in anycase. Zane carefully placed his coffee on a window sill. He didn't want to spill it with what he was about to do. He then turned to look at Declan and smirked. "Well, is that so? Does my breath smell bad then?" He then grabbed Declan's chin and kissing him swiftly on the mouth. It only lasted for a few seconds, but it felt good, he tasted kind of like chocolate too. Zane supposed that the Hot Chocolate had something to do with it. He deeped the kiss, but only for a second before pulling away. Well that was fun. He grinned. "My my Declan, you taste like Chocolate. It's nice." Now, what was blondie going to do about it?

Declan frowned. Zane continued to call him lazy. "I'm not lazy." He was quite sure he wasn't lazy. He jogged and did all that athletic stuff. Lazy people didn't do athletic stuff, but they probably did lounge around in coffee shops. Declan folded his arms across his chest and came to a solution. "Fine then, I am a lazy, athletic person. You can't deny those facts." He looked back at the cafe one last time, finding it to be pretty much empty, except for a few workers who were politely waiting for them to leave. He felt a little bad. The entire time he had been speaking in French and addressing the waiter and waitress that visited them in French or severely broken English. They were really nice about it. Some people would throw a fit and go on about immigration and such. These people didn't even glare at him. But they did look at Zane several times. He was probably a regular. He continued outside. "Which would mean I'm not entirely lazy. Just a teeny bit."

It quickly became apparent that Zane really liked his coffee, he seemed quite miffed. He even went so far as to point out all the flaws of Declan's quote. Obviously it wouldn't be the same for everyone. But coffee was still pretty horrible. He would have answered, but something in Zane's expression made him look at him cynically. What was he thinking? Declan did not trust it. He was plotting something. He just looked suspicious, like when they first met. Declan stopped when Zane put his icky coffee on a window sill and looked at him. "Well-" Declan stopped talking when Zane's face came extremely close and pulled him into a kiss. This was not fair. When he was finally able to breathe again, Declan couldn't help but glare. Chocolate!? He slapped Zane's face. That was horrible. But nice, but horrible, but still really nice. And he was grinning! Like a little boy that had just eaten the last cookie and gotten away with it. Like a five year old in a candy store. It was cheeky. Now he felt bad. How could he slap that face? He quickly rubbed the mark. Before he knew what he was doing, he had Zane against the wall, and was kissing him again. Bastard. He tasted like coffee. Icky, disgusting, strangely enjoyable coffee. He took a few steps away from Zane, just in case the brunette was going to kill him. "You mean, I don't taste like vanilla?"
<i>
</i>

Zane laughed, Declan slapped him. That was the usual reaction. It stung, really stung. Declan had some strength in him it seemed. Zane kind of liked that to be honest. Most of his partners were pretty mellow, didn't really care too much. Zane wanted someone to take the lead every once in a while. He watched as Declan rubbed his cheek where he had slapped him. It felt kind of nice. Zane didn't usually let people touch him, it was too personal, but this was different. It just felt normal. What the hell was wrong with him. Was he broken? Zane was about to speak, but he was stopped from doing so by Declan pushing him against the Cafe wall and kissing him again. Zane was shocked. He had not expected this reaction at all. What was this about? He was kind of panicked, even though seconds ago he had been thinking about some-one taking the control, but now that he was here, he was kind of scared, he didn't know what he was supposed to do with his various body parts. In the end, he settled for placing his hands on Declan's waist. Better then putting them somewhere else anyway. He blinked when Declan pulled back and had to steady himself on the building. Where did he learn to kiss like that? Zane managed to steady himself and took a deep breath. "Wow. That was... um..."

Zane shook his head and walked over to his coffee, he had to compose himself, he had too. This was something he could not afford to lose. It was his best asset to deal with his employees. When Declan spoke, Zane nearly spat out his coffee and started choking slightly. He turned around to face Declan, his face slightly red. "That's what you have to say? You are worried about not tasting like Vanilla?" Zane had to force himself not to laugh. This was the strangest day ever, by far. He walked over to Declan and smirked. "Why are you backing away? I'm not going to hurt you." He then proceeded to poke Declan in the forehead. Now, Declan was stuck with him. "Didn't I warn you about getting yourself involved with shady characters?" He warned shaking his head. Blondie certainly had a knack for trouble. However, just as he was about to reprimand him, he saw what appeared to be a Fox Patronus making its way towards them. Zane didn't know any foxes, so it had to be for Declan. "Yours? He asked curiously looking at it sceptically and raising his eyebrow.

He could has burst out laughing, but he fought the urge and tucked his hands into the pockets of Zane's jacket. He smiled meekly. Zane seemed pretty shocked. In fact, he seemed very shocked. If that wall wasn't there, Declan doubted the brunette would be able to stand. It was funny, considering Zane was usually the one that looked intimidating in control. Now he seemed to be scrambling around, trying to figure out what to do. In the end, he seemed to reach for the wretched coffee once more. What was appealing about that stuff? However, the coffee nearly came flying out of his mouth, making Declan laugh. This was hilarious. But now he was really in deep. He'd just planted one on the guy, the guy he met today. He still didn't even know his last name. He didn't know exactly where he lived, and he didn't know his favourite colour. What would his mother say? What would his father say?! They'd both kill him. Most certainly. He nodded to Zane's question, which was probably hypothetical. "Yes. I don't want to taste like chocolate." His smiled grew.

Declan rocked back on his heels when he was poked in the forehead. He shrugged slightly as Zane continued. He wasn't the only one that told Declan to be careful. Everyone did. The world was like a gigantic worry machine when it came to Declan and his rash decisions that occured on a daily basis. Though, he didn't make it a habit to be pressing people into walls and kissing them. That was even surprising to him. His attention was also grabbed by the patronus that approached them. It was a fox, and Declan only knew one fox. "Danika..." He looked back at Zane. "My sister. I was supposed to visit her at nine in the morning." This should be good. He was well over twelve hours late. He knelt down by the patronus, and frowned as he heard Danika's voice screeching from the patronus. He rolled his eyes and sighed. She was really, really angry. However, the offer for Jack to pick him up soon came into the rather one-sided conversation. Declan glanced at Zane for a few seconds and pursed his lips. Right now, he liked Zane far more than an angry Danika. He replied to her in their native tongue. "Danika, I won't need Jack to pick me up. I won't be visiting you today. He stood up and waved the patronus away. There was no room for discussion, he was not going to visit Danika when she was in a bad mood and just had a child. He liked living. "Well, it seems that I will be remaining with you for some time." He said, looking at Zane timidly. "I hope you don't mind too much."
<i>
</i>

Zane raised his right eyebrow at the bold statement of this boy in front of him. He had to admit that this guy had guts, it was rather amusing. He smirked, "Well, I don't care what yoou think, but I happen to be a big fan of Chocolate, and it's only because you just had like three cups of it back there. I would be worried if you tasted like something else." Zane laughed, running his hand through his hair. Zane could just wipe that smug smile off this guy's face, but he would really rather keep it there. He didn't mind it being there really. He reached his arm out and lightly punched Declan in the arm. Couldn't be too soft with the little idiot now could he? He smirked when he watched Declan interacting with his sister. She was mean, and scary and she was a female veela. Bad mix there. Zane watched the interaction, wondering if he should take the opportunity to sneak away. He did not want to put up with that, so there was no way that he was going to be here when she sent her guy to come and pick her brother up. Of course she was worried and angry. She was protective, both as an older sister, a mother and as a veela. He shook his head and backed away slowly. What stopped him were the words from Declan's mouth. Stay with Zane? Did he even want Declan around him all the time? He stopped and waited as he thought about it. As he did, he grew to the realisation that if he was going to have anyone in his apartment, he would much rather it be Declan. Zane smiled and grabbed Declan's hand. "Come on, we are going to have so much fun!" What he neglected to mention, was who it was going to be fun for.

FIN​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back