Clash of the Titans

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda had been so preoccupied since her return to the school that she had nearly forgotten her initial plan. With all the gossip that the magazine had issued Andy had managed to put aside at last the infernal tripe that had been spouted about herself and Bruin, she was more determined than ever to get over him and his silence since the Yule Ball only strenghtened her resolve in this. But for now she had bigger fish to fry or at least a werewolf to confront. If this girl Maisie was truly a werewolf then they could help one another, running in a pack was much better than being a lone wolf after all. With her wand tucked into it's leather sheath at her side she made her way down through the dungeons in the hope of bumping into her.

After nearly 20minutes of walking past the Slytherin portrait and all but wearing a hole in corridor floor, Andy was about to give up. This was ridiculous, an absolute ridiculous notion. She couldn't believe she had even dreamt up the idea but she had really wanted to meet this other girl. With a sigh she ran her fingers through her deep red hair and began to walk away.

The Slytherin couldn't have a slightest bother in the world what the Gossip Magazine had to say, just because she mumbled something, doesn't really mean everyone had to believe it. Well, that's what she thought anyway. She had just had her mother and fathers inheritance come in to her vault, so that fabulous, now she could get all the clothes she had dreamt of. Who needs family, when you have yourself anyway? She blurted through the common room, barging through the first years, that almost become scared of her, her bright red hair flowing along with her. She wasn't exactly sure where she was going, but she knew she had to get out of the dungeons, seriously, why did the Slytherin's have to be stuck at the bottom of the school? They deserved more, it was a disgrace. Maisie exited through the door and noticed someone walking down the dungeons, the girl didn't look to Slytherin, but she looked awfully familar from somewhere. "Oh what do we have here?" she smirked.

Andromeda turned around as someone came barging out of the portrait and to her amazement it was the very girl she had been looking for. Her attitude was typically Slytherin but Andy was not phased, she hadn't been through the most horrendous experiences imaginable at Durmstrang to end up being frightened of a Slytherin girl. Her whole attitude if anything made Andy almost feel sorry for her.

"We have a Gryffindor prefect looking for you actually. Do you have a moment?" she wasn't in trouble at all but flashing her badge of authority might quell some of the girls angst a bit.

"I might be inclined to listen, carry on" she smiled hastily. She couldn't really be bothered with this right now, she could be doing much more interesting things then standing around like a bunch of lemons listening to a Gryffindor prefect speak. 'What is that girl trying to say? Flashing around her prefect badge... show off' Maisie thought.

Andy sighed, she usually didn't go around blatantly putting her prefect status in peoples faces but unusual circumstances called for unusual behaviour.
"I'm Andromeda Fiorelli and you are Maisie Hampton aren't you?" she asked her knowing it was the girl, the picture in the gossip magazine hadn't done her justice she was a very lovely looking girl.
"It's about the magazine. The article that said you were a werewolf?"
Andy left the sentence open so that Maisie could say something, even if it was denying the fact.

"Yes, Maisie Hampton, heir to the Hampton fortune" she smiled, looking a bit full of herself. "Stop acting like you don't know, it's kind of obvious now isn't it? And let me guess, you were sent here to murder me because i'm different?" she sighed. "Newsflash get over it" she hissed, about to turn away.

Andy sighed shaking her head in exasperation.
"Ok newsflash yourself, you are not as different as you think you" she told her standing back to look Maisie up and down, "Wow, look at that we both have red hair and guess what, newsflash we're both werewolves".

She felt blurting it out would probably stun the girl a little so that she would ease off the attitude chip she seemed to carry on her shoulder.

Maisie stood motionless. Almost in a state of paralyzation. "Excuse me?" She stummered. "Your a... a werewolf to?" She stated. "And wow we do don't we" Maisie laughed a little, in reply to them both having red hair. This ephinany made her feel like she didn't have to be like she was, she wasn't alone here. "Ok.. well..." she sighed, taking a deep breath.

Patricia made her way out of the Potions classroom. Walk around the dungeons memories of a certain visit in her first years filled her head. It wasn't a pleasant visit and the days after weren't the highlight of her life either. Even though everything had been sorted out between everyone involved she still didn't like the dungeons and if it weren't for Potions class she would never step foot in it.

Patricia made her way into the Great Hall to do some notes from the potion they had made previously in class. After searching through her back for a few minutes she couldn't find her notes so she figured she left them back in class. So taking a sigh she figured she better head back and get them. Once she arrived in the classroom she saw her notes and someone else sitting beside her own. Looking at the name she saw it was one of the Slytherins notes. Putting her own into her bag she lifted her partners and decided to leave it back.

Patricia didn't know where the Slytherin's common room was but she saw a few Slytherins passing her, coming from further in the Dungeons. Rolling her eyes at the thought of spending more time in the dungeons, and irony that the very reason she was even here was the same source of the reason as to why she hated this place in the first place, she made her way in the direction that the Slytherins were heading from.

After a few minutes she heard voices talking. Peering around the corner she saw Andy, a fourth year Gryffindor, which she knew from a few clubs and a girl, judging from her uniform, was a Slytherin, but Patricia didn't know her. They seemed to be talking about something important so Patricia leaned against the wall and waited for the to stop talking so she could maybe give the Slytherin girl her partners Potion notes so she could get out of this foresaken place.

Patricia tried not to listen to the two girls conversation as it seemed important and she knew it was rude to listen in on peoples private conversations. But the echoes in the dungeons was making it very hard. So, against her better judgement Patricia listened to the conversation, it couldn't be that important if they were discussing it out in the open. Patricia was slightly confussed about the conversation, why were they talking about an article from the Gossip Magazine? The horrid thing which Patricia was happy had finished, she had no personal hatred towards it, but some of her friends had been mentioned and she didn't like seeing her friends hurt.

Patricia thought back to the article the girls were talking about. That girl, Maisie, had been accused of being a Werewolf, but Patricia didn't believe it, surely the school wouldn't allow Werewolves in the school, it was far too dangeous. After learning about the in Care of Magical Creatures last term she knew enough to know they weren't the friendliest of creatures. Her interest sparked she continued to listen. Her heard started to race as the conversation went on. Maisie was a Werewolf. It wasn't possible. Surely it wasn't allowed? Did the Heads even know? Patricia had to run, she had to get out of there, she didn't want to believe that the Heads would put their students in danger like that, but she was frozen. She tried not to listen to the rest of the conversation, she didn't want to hear it. But the damned echoes weren't helping her cause for the next thing she heard made near faint.

Newsflash we're both werewolves

Patricia had to peer around the corner again. Surely Andromeda Fiorelli wasn't a Werewolf too. Patricia knew her, she didn't seem dangeous. But it was Andy saying that, it wasn't possible. Patricia let out a small gasp which, due to the bare walls, wasn't so small. Throwing her back against the wall again, she didn't want them to see her. She had to get out of here, she dropped her partners notes and ran. Someone had to be told about this. Two Werewolves in Hogwarts, it wasn't possible.

Andromeda smiled at Maisie, she seemed to be taking the news fairly well. On this thought Andy spun around absolutely certain that she had heard something but on seeing no-one there, her intuition was still spooked and she turned back to Maisie. Nodding her head in the other direction, Andy beckoned Maisie to follow her.

"Come on the ears have walls in the is place" she began walking at a faster pace along the dungeon corridor.
"So, how long have you been turned?" she asked her, keeping her voice on the down low this time and looking behind her once again just incase.

Maisie looked rather petrified from the gasp she had heard in the dungeons. "What the hell was that?" she growled. She followed after Andromeda. "A couple of months..." she said reluctantly, she couldn't mention what had happened to her family. Not until she knew this person better. For some reason, around her she felt like she didn't have to put on this hard shell that was getting the better of her. "I hate this place... stuck down here" she whispered.

Andy nearly skidded to a complete stop as she turned to look at Maisie.
"Only a couple of months? Oh my gosh. Crap!" Andy was dumbstruck then began walking on until she came to a small battered looking door. Using her wand she opened it and stepped in, it was just one of the usual unused ancient cobwebbed filled rooms in the castle, she lit her wand and asked Maisie to lock the door after her. There were enough toppled over dressers and presses for them to sit on and Andy scourgified two so that they wouldn't be covered in dust by the time they left. She sat down and waited for Maisie.

"I've been one for nearly four years now. Four years this Halloween to be exact, it happened here on the school grounds by the forbidden forest. Not forbidden for nothing you know" she smiled at her to try and set her at her ease.
"How are you dealing with it?" Andy knew from first hand experience that the first few months were the hardest, the most trying and the most terrifying. Why any of the professors hadn't told one about the other was beyond her, Andy could have been helping Maisie out long before now.

"What's so bad about a couple of months?" she asked. When they entered on of the 'dusty, old rooms' she felt like throwing. "Oh my gosh. This is disgusting. Do you live here?" she coughed. "Well... I just tend to let it happen... and when my family were.." after this she just burst out into tears.

Andy laughed at her reaction to the room.
"Of course I don't live here, I'm in Gryffindor 7th floor. This is just one of the many rooms empty about the castle, figured we could talk safely here without being over heard. A few months means your wolfsbane is really only starting to take affect, you still change at the full moon don't you? You do take wolfsbane don't you?"
Andy had way too many questions now for her.
"Where have you been going for them by the way? The full moon that is... did one of the professors show you the cavern? I was wondering why I wasn't to go down there the past few months. I've been taking wolfsbane so long that I don't change any more unless in full view of the moon. So I've been spending the full moons out in one of the rooms down here in the dungeon. Alot nicer than this of course".

She was probably saying way too much and hoped Maisie wasn't confused by it all. Maisie mentioned her family and within seconds she was in tears. Andy went to her side immediately and waited for the tears to subside.
"Do you want to talk about it? Have you been able to talk to anyone about what happened that night?"

(I actually cried making this post, I think it was because i'm listening to Doctor Who - Doomsday soundtrack.)

"It happened when we were 'camping' on one of my dads 'amazing' trips of a life time, we always used to laugh about them, and we got there and we went out walking, it was amazing, we had a little picnik and everything... and they bought me back because I was feeling ill, while my father and brother went out to look for some wood for the fire, we had to make it like surival skills cause my father was all into that, and then we heard the screams of pain as..." at this point Maisie was having a breakdown. "Me and mother looked outside, and there it was, a werewolf, dangling my brother over the river... and then.. he dropped him, and he... drowned. And there me and my mother was, defenceless, but she tried to get my wand out, but it was to late, it'd murdered my mother aswell, biting her neck" she felt like she couldn't carry on, but she had to, she needed to tell someone. "Then a muggle came running over hearing the screams, the werewolf dissappeared, but not without biting my arm" she pronounced, holding her arm as she remembered.

"The muggle asked if we were alright and saw my mother and father and held me tight, she took me to the hospital, where they said it was just animal bites. And that was it... the end of my life just there. I went to my aunties and uncles, where my grandma was staying, but she fell ill and I couldn't stay there any longer so I live with a family friend here in New Zealand" she stammered. 'What does she care anyway?' Maisie thought to the girl.

Andy listened completely horrified, she couldn't help the tears that welled up in her own eyes. Her entire family had been slaughtered by a werewolf, she was all that was left. Andromeda wanted to put her arms about her and give her some kind of comfort but didn't know how Maisie would take it. Instead she put an arm about her shoulders.
"Maisie I am so sorry. I thought I had problems and for you to have to come here still dealing with what happened to you but also what happened to your family... and for some stupid brats to print anything at all in that magazine about you" Andy was getting angry about the situation the more she thought about it, this girl had enough to deal with and dealing with the ignorant prejudice of others was too much on top of everything else.

"If it's any consolation... you have me now as well" she gave her a lopsided smile.

"Well they don't know anything do they? Everyone thinks I'm a horrible cow, and they don't even stop to think bloody hell why!" she cried. "I don't want to be like this, but it seems they only way I can be to seem a lot stronger so people don't bully me for us being like this. Why me? Why did I have to survive?" Maisie began to ask herself, her voice going softer. "I never thought i'd say this... but... can you help me?" she smiled. Possibly for one of the first times since that fateful day. "I mean... what was it all like for you?" she stated gently.

Andy could totally understand why Maisie felt the need to stand up for herself the way she had done but was distraught herself when she could not give her the answers she needed.
"I don't know Maisie, so much bad stuff happened to me as well and I stopped believing that fate had a hand in anything. If it did why play such a cruel game on some of us and not others? Often I used to ask myself why I was cursed and not anyone who was nasty and evil you know?" of course she knew and that was the great thing about them now, they could be there like a pack for one another.

"But the past year has taught me that life does have reasons, we may not know them and it may take some time before they are revealed to us but ... I know I have to see my 'condition' has a 'gift' and not a curse now. It may take you longer to get to that 'place' but someday you will and probably sooner than I did."
Andy heard her ask for help and nodded her head, "of course I will. You're not alone here any more. I hope you know that and there are a few people I would like to introduce you too. They're actually wonderful. They 've been my support here since the beginning, well one since the beginning the others since second year. You need friends to help you get through this and now you'll have them. I hope you don't mind them being Ravenclaw and Gryffindors."
she smiled at her new friend, glad that Maisie was nothing like she had been portrayed in the magazine. She was genuinely worth getting to know.

Andy took a deep breath and for possibly the first time since first year, did not hang her head in the telling of her own story. Did not shudder or balk as she explained about Halloween night in first year as she wondered out dancing near the woods and the subsequent attack. She told about the herbology professor, their present headmistress and the headmistress at the time Alicia Barker who came to her rescue but it had been too late. Her shoulder had been torn to shreds and her ankle had nearly been ripped from her leg. Andy explained about her uncle the school nurse at the time trying to heal her and the days and weeks, months after of potion taking and her new home at the full moon, the Cavern.

"I think if it happened anywhere else, I would not have coped at all. Don't get me wrong I fell apart completely. Couldn't go near the forest for ages, began eating my meat pratically raw but more than that... I knew my soul was damned and couldn't cope with that above all else. Sometimes it's still hard but like I said I have a network of friends now, some of those include professors here as well."

"Well you know... were going to stuck like this for the rest of our lives. We can't sit here moaning about life, I mean we could of turned out to be like that sad gossip magazine writer, who doesn't have anything special about her life other then sitting around writing about other people's lives of which she should be jelous off" she laughed. "I think we should get out of here" she pronounced, looking around the room. Reluctantly ignoring the spider in the corner of the room.

Andromeda stood up and smiled.
"Now that's the sort of attitude I like, come on then. Let's shake up the school a bit. I tell you this much though if I ever get my hands on the fools who printed that mag up, they are going to regret the day they ever printed anything about me and my mates" she walked back over to the door and opened it, the dungeon corridor was empty as she stepped back outside and waited for Maisie to follow her.
"So where do you want to go to first?"

Andy thought about it for a moment then smiling turned to Maisie.
"Let's head to the library, if Zuka isn't there she'll most likely be out on the lawn. The walls have ears around here" she began walking out of the dungeon, "I lived in a dungeon once too, completely different to Slytherin House though".

She was amazed she was even able to smile about her time at Durmstrang but having another werewolf and a girl around her own age in the same predicament gave her a reason to be more upbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back