Chillaxing by the Lake

Naomi Thomas

Naomi was always so busy she never really had time to just sit and chill by the lake. Luckily she was able to grab a few spare minutes. She head down to the lake, book and blanket in hand, and found a spot under a tree. She smoothed out her things and laid down reading over her new book.

Her thoughts suddenly jumped to the message she just recieved from her head of house regarding grades. My grades suck! I need a tutor. Oh my what if I am never able to get a job? What do I want to be anyways? Her mind was going a mile a minute. She decided to take a quick nap to clear her mind. She closed her eyes and started to settle in.

Lily was out for a walk when she noticed that Naomi was chilling by the lake. She decided to head over there and join her. They didn't know each other all that much, but this would be a great way to get to know her better.

"Hey Naomi. Mind if I join you?" she asked.

Naomi cracked her eyes open and saw Lily had joined her. She smilied..."Sure!" as she spread the blanket out more to make more room. "Are you excited for 2nd year?" she asked.

Lily plopped down by Naomi on the blanket and tipped her sunglasses back up to the top of her head.

"I am excited to start the new year. I love my classes so far and want to get back to it. This summer has been kinda boring. Are you going to go to the quidditch match tonight?"

"Quiddicth match?" Naomi said. She still didn't know much about other than what she had learned in flying class last year. "That sounds like fun what time does it start?"

"I guess it starts at 8pm tonight. I just found out about it and I am on one of the teams! How crazy is that!? But even with short notice, it is gonna be fun I think." She looked out over the lake. "So what have you done over the summer?"

"I will definitely try to swing by Naomi said with a smile. "For break I went home for a little bit, but I had to cut it short because I had buy things and get ready for the next school year. I have to raise my grades." she said.

"How about you? How did your break go?"

"I spent my break working in Hogsmeade. Nothing special. Went flying a few times too but I just couldn't afford to head home. My family are muggles and I would have to come home on an airplane and the ticket was out of our price range. When I get older and can apparate, it will be easier." she said with a sigh.

"I was raised as a muggleborn too." she said "I was lucky and was able to get a portkey though. It wasn't a very pleasent actually. I miss planes and other muggle things. Is it just me or does most forms of magical transportation sound painful?" she said with a laugh.

Lily laughed. "I think that the only form so far that I have a liking for is the broom, but I can't fly that all the way to Wisconsin! So, how was your break? Where is home?"

"My break was alright. It could have been better. But I am for the US too! Georgia! My father moved from England to the US for college and just kind of stayed ever since." she said.

"Fun! I haven't been to Georgia yet, but I was able to see it from the air on the way to Jamaica once. I also have a family friend who is an english professor down there." Lily replied with a smile. "So, how are all the new Hufflepuffs? So far the Ravenclaws are alright. Little touchy, but that will wear off with time I think."

"They are great!" Naomi exclaimed. "I glad we got a good group. We need all the help we can get!" she said reflecting upon how few house points they got last year. "I haven't met many 1st year other than Hufflepuffs. I should work on that."

I noticed that alot of your house transferred to be homeschooled. How strange. But I think you did a great job keeping up points by yourself." Lily smiled as she told Naomi this, knowing she was one of the only Hufflepuffs left.

"Thanks" Naomi said. "But it was mostly Ryspha and Caysi. They did great. But this new group should help alot. They seem like they want to do well. Yall Ravenclaws better watch out!" Naomi said with a laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back