Charlene Jung

Charlene Jung

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Simple Facts

Full name: Charlene Hyunae Jung
Nicknames: Charlie, Hyunae, Cha-cha (she hates this one a lot)
Birthday: August 7th, 2011 (Current age: 11)
Birthplace: Seoul, Korea
Area of Residence: Seoul, Korea
Blood Status: Half-blood (Muggle father, Witch mother)
General Appearance: Charlene has a near perfect body; slim arms and torso with long and slender legs. She is a bit taller than average, at about 4'1o", her legs making up most of her height. But she is a bit more muscular that she would like; Her love for swimming has given her fairly wide shoulders for her size. She doesn't have many curves and is pretty much flat. Her pale skin, high cheekbones, pointed chin, and exotic eyes give her a regal sort of look. She especially likes her collarbones, which are very defined. She almost always keeps her hair above her shoulders, usually even around chin-length, like a guy's hair. She never puts it up as she finds it a bother to carry around hair ties, which she knows she'll lose anyways. Her hair is parted on the left and her bangs fall just above her right eye. Her hair is jet black and she never dyes or colors it. Her eyes are very dark brown and almond-shaped, although she likes to say that they're black.
More in Depth
Five words: Passionate, Trustworthy, Loyal, Stubborn, Lazy
Personality: Charlene is, more or less, your average girl. She’s a bit shy when you first meet her and she isn’t one to start off a conversation, but when you get to know her, you may wonder if she is always drunk or high or something. She places huge emphasis on friends and family, as well as respect, due to being raised in an Asian family. She tries to respect elders, and even her peers, and is usually patient with everyone. But in those rare times when her patience runs out, her fury is quite a sight to see. Once she gets mad, she doesn’t forgive or forget very easily. Although she wouldn’t admit it, she is very proud, and forgiving would mean stepping down for someone else. Her pride also makes her stubborn. She likes to get her ways, preferably peaceably, and although she will listen to people with an open-mind, in the end, she usually still likes her idea best.

However, with the huge emphasis Charlene places on relationships, she is one of the most loyal and trustworthy people out there. Any random person could trust her with their secret and she would not tell. She isn’t one to easily put her trust in others, but she can be trusted. She only tells her secrets and shares her deepest emotions (which she can hide very well) to the people closest to her, her family being some of them. Charlene would never even think of betraying any of them.

On a lighter note, Charlene has an optimistic view on life, and she believes that she ought to live her life with no regrets. So if that means eating all day and being lazy, she’ll do just that. Of course, it doesn’t, although she does have a large obsession for food. She’s passionate about loved ones, and certain things that she likes (eating being one of them). But when she isn’t motivated, she is pretty lazy, and it’s difficult to drag her into doing something she doesn’t feel like doing. Appropriately, her favorite place is the roof, where she won’t be found while she daydreams and thinks and dozes off. Charlene is a lovable person though, and is hard to hate (unless she hates you first, cause then you have a problem). Jokes and smiles are always welcome around her, along with an occasional prank, as long as it isn’t way too out of line.
A Bit of Background

Family
Mother: Eunji Han; 37 years old; Witch
Eunji is, in Charlene's opinion, the best mother in the whole wide world. She’s kind and handles everything (including Charlene’s occasional fits) with patience and understanding. She’s the one Charlene can go to talk to on everything.

Father: Dongmin Jung; 38 years old; Muggle
Dongmin is humorous, and although he is against Charlene’s desire to become a witch, he has eventually come to accept it. He is fairly lenient and well connected in Korea, where the family resides. His current job is a manager in JYPE, a Korean entertainment company.

History: Eunji and Dongmin met after a concert that he was working at, where Dongmin was attacked by a stray dementor in a isolated street outside the concert hall. Eunji couldn’t just let him suffer, although she did not want to reveal herself to him. She performed her Patronus, which saved Dongmin’s soul. A year later, they were married, and three years into their marriage, they had Charlene.

Charlene grew up fairly normally, although with a few magical mishaps such as disappearing homework or her shoes turning up charred and burnt every month in the yard. She always attended the local public school in Seoul, and lived in America with her aunt during the summers to learn English. It was her father’s wish that she lead as normal a life as possible, and whenever the subject came up in conversation, he would always put it aside, for later.

In fact, when he had time to spare, Dongmin would bring Charlene to work with him. She’d always gotten along well with the celebrities, who would give her vocal lessons or dance lessons, which she loved.

Eunji, on the other hand, showed her magic, which also fascinated her. So when the question came up whether she would keep on leading her “normal” life or go to Hogwarts and learn magic, she was torn between the two. Eventually, she decided she’d go to Hogwarts, since she could always come back for her normal life in the summer.
Magical Information

What would their Patronus be: Brown bear- Charlene is quite lazy unless she feels motivated to do something. She’s patient, lovable, and quite optimistic about things, but when she gets pissed, she’s really pissed and she doesn’t forget or forgive too easily.
What would their Boggart be: Her standing alone in the middle of a pile of her dead friends and family.
A Diary Entry
Dear Diary,
I’ve just come back from America today. It’s been two months and I’ve been missing Korea. So it’s nice to be back. Auntie says she might not be seeing me as much once I’ve gone off to Hogwarts, so that’s one thing I won’t be looking forward too, but magic still sounds so cool! And when Omma does it, it’s like wow! Right, so Omma and Appa came to pick me up at the airport today. Omma tells me she could probably just Apparate me, but I love airplanes. I think I may want one when I grow up.

Appa says tomorrow I get to go to the JYPE building with him to say bye to my friends since it could be the last time I go in a year. There’s another downside… but I’m still looking forward to seeing them. I hope Jaebum oppa will be there; he always gets me mochi ice cream.

And Omma says that in a bit I’ll get to go buy my school stuff with her, my Hogwarts stuff that is. I’ll be missing my friends from normal school though. But I’ll get to have my own wand! It’s gonna be awesome. I can’t wait!

Well, Omma is yelling up the stairs now so I better get to bed.

Charlene.

Hi Cha-cha :lawlz:

Your character seems very well thought out, but I do have some questions for you. Feel free to answer in or out of character, although I'll mostly ask in character.

~ What's your favourite food?
~ If you could change one thing about your life (and only one) what would it be?
~ Why HNZ out of all the magic schools across the globe, especially with your aunt in the U.S, wouldn't Salem be the obvious choice?
~ You mention your occasional fits. Please elaborate. Do you consider yourself spoilt? (OOC: Is she spoilt?)
~ Connected to the last one. You say you might want an aeroplane when you're older, and say it like it'll happen if you decide you want it. Do you always get what you want? If so, how come you're still so nice? :p
~ Do you wish you had siblings?
~ Hogwarts will be quite a change from the average Korean students' lifestyle. You may be lazy compared to other Koreans who go to school and Hagwons all day, but then you go to Hogwarts, where you have a lot of free time. How do you think you'll adjust to this new-found freedom?
~ Do you consider yourself vain? (OOC: is she vain? :p )
~ You say you're a bit taller than average at 5'6" inches. You're 11. I'm 24, and I'm 5'3", I live in South Korea, and I rarely feel short here. 5'6" for an 11 year old Korean girl would make you giant! =)) 5'3" is on the EXTREME upper end of the scale for an 11 year old girl, and she would be noticed! This is just one of the many growth charts you can find by googling something like "Average height girl" or "Girl growth chart" :) Hope that helps!
~ What are your plans for the future?

I hope these questions help you in developing your character. I look forward to your responses.
-Emma

CHA-CHA >:O
xP
1. Favorite food:
Sheesh, you're making me pick?! Well I guess if I absolutely had to pick, it'd be mochi ice cream. I actually first had it in America. They have these Chinese grocery stores over there that sell Japanese foods. Don't ask me why.
2. Change one thing about my life:
Ehhh that's a hard one too. I like my life the way it is, but I suppose if I could, I'd like an older brother. I get lonely at times.
3. Why HNZ?
Well I wanted to go somewhere close to home, since I do get homesick at times. I know I can't leave unless we have vacations or such, but it's that feeling of comfort you know? And my mom came here for school herself.
4. My occasional fits:
Hah, well, I'd have to admit; I'm a very stubborn person when it comes to my ideas, and I don't like feeling "put down" by others. My fits, well, they're more like ignoring people, being really grumpy and sometimes stomping around. It's really not that bad...I don't think. Like I've said, they are occasional. I suppose I am a bit spoiled; my dad does get a good pay and I know a bunch of awesome people, but other than that, my life is normal.
5. It would be cool to have an airplane of my own when I grow up...I know it's not much of a possibility when I think some more about it, but I could still try. You never know! But I have decided I want a motorcycle though.
6. Siblings:
Yeah, I wish I had an older brother, cause I get kinda bored and lonely staying at home alone or playing outside. Of course, there's always my friends from school and stuff, but wouldn't it be cool if you could have a friend that lived with you all day?
7. School:
Awesomeness! I never was the crazy academic type. I suppose I was average at school, since I've always been more about being outside and of course, singing. I realize I won't get to do some of that while I'm at Hogwarts, but I suppose since it is a school of magic, there's gotta be lots of interesting stuff to learn, and I'll definitely try to make friends and spend my free time with them. And singing. >.<
8. Am I vain?
Mm...I'd say I'm proud, but not vain. I'm proud of who I am and I'm not one to apologize or step down easily, but no, I'm not overly proud or confident.
9. Ahh yeah...I was thinking of people my own age xD. I suppose around 4'10" would be good?
10. Well, I've always loved singing and dancing, and I often watch music shows on TV. My dad's also a manager at an entertainment company in Korea so I'd been planning to get into that after things have settled down and I can work the training into my schedule. But...I can never be too sure of what's next, so I suppose I'll have to live out my life and wait and see.

:) Thanks for answering them all! I've read some of your posts around the school and I think they're really goo. Charlene is a well thought out, consistent and believable character. I'm sure she and Beau will bump into one another over the next seven years. I look forward to it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back