OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Rosewood Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Marcos was very pleased with his new position, being co-captain was amazing. He was happy to have a co-captain but the boy couldn’t help but feel a little frustrated by the fact it was a boy two years younger than him, and was someone whom he knew was friends or friendly with the last captain. The teen just felt like he was the additional part, not the first choice and mostly there to help out with making sure the younger boy was able to keep the position. Marcos did like Jacob, but he just felt annoyed. Marcos knew it wasn’t the younger boy’s fault that Marcos was frustrated, Marcos just knew that he wouldn’t ever be as good as whoever else he could be compared with. The teen just needed to deal. He’d been heading down the stairs and outside when he spotted a familiar face. It had been a while since he’d spent time with Kira, and really things since he’d last hung out with her had really changed for him. He and Gabriella were trying, being friends and studying together. It wasn’t perfect but it was nice and he liked that. The teen approached her, ”Kira! Hey!” he said walking over to her and giving her a friendly smile, ”It’s been a while, how are you?” he was pleased for her friendship, she was a nice person and everything was just so easy between them, she barely had to make much of an effort.

Kira was exhausted. For some reason, the nightmares were even worse this year than they had been last year. She wasn't sure how she was supposed to focus, much less work under these conditions. She trudged tiredly through the halls. She'd already forgotten where she was going. She paused, suppressing a yawn. She jumped as she heard someone call her name. She turned to see Marcos coming over. "Hello Marcos," She gave him a tired smile. "It really has been," She giggled softly. "I'm alright, just a little tired. How are you?" She asked her friend, looking to him with sleepy blue eyes.

Marcos looked at his friend and noticed that she looked a little tired, that wasn’t very good. He hoped that perhaps he might be able to help her, ”You look a bit tired, are things alright?” he knew that people sometimes couldn’t sleep because of things on going in their lives, but he obviously didn’t know if that was something here. Perhaps it was as mundane as the fact that being back at school had different beds. ”I’m good, looking forward to getting started on things again,” the boy said with a little smile, ”I’m quidditch captain now, with Jacob Kingsley, so there’s so pressure to do well,” Marcos told her, Kira was someone in the few times they’d spent together that he really did find easy talking to, there was no pressure to be a certain way or act in a certain manner. But, he still didn’t mention his concerns and feelings towards the position he now held, Marcos knew that it made sense and he knew the co-captain would be great, but it just didn’t help how he felt about things. ”How was your break?” Marcos asked her, settling on something they could both talk about.

Kira smiled softly as Marcos asked if she was alright. "Oh, I'm okay. Just had a little trouble sleeping," She brushed it off. She listened as he told her about his promotion to co-captain. "That's right, I heard about that from the twins. Congratulations," She offered, giving him an encouraging smile. "If you ever need a break from Quidditch, I'm usually in the library. I'm sure I can find you something to read." She offered. He asked her how her break was, and she sighed. "That's actually quite a story, if you're interested." She chuckled tiredly. "How was your break?"

Marcos frowned a little when she said she was having trouble sleeping, it wasn’t too good if she was having some trouble sleeping, he hoped that it would pass, ”If you have more trouble, maybe you should get some dreamless sleep potion from the nurse?” the teen suggested, he hoped that it wasn’t too bad a thing. He nodded at it, ”I might take you up on that,” he knew he would need to keep his studies up even if he was working hard in quidditch. At the sigh to his question he wondered if it was at all related to the the fact she was tired. Perhaps she hadn’t had a very good holiday, ”I’m happy to listen if you want to to tell me,” the teen replied with a little smile. The teen wanted to be sure that his friend was doing okay. ”My holidays were good, it was nice to get a break from all of the school stuff,” The teen was far more curious and keen to find out about how Kira was doing and how he could help her out, if he could.

Kira paused at Marcos' suggestion. She had never even considered that. It was something to think about. But... if she grew desensitized to the nightmares and couldn't access the potion outside of the school, it would mean she would worry Tyra. She dismissed his suggestion, though she was grateful he'd made it. She smiled as he accepted her offer. "Happy to help a friend," She nudged his arm. It was easy to talk to Marcos. He encouraged her a bit to tell her about her holidays. She sighed softly. "Last year after the Valentines' dance, there was... a development." She admitted to her friend. "I wasn't sure what to make of it for a bit, but things... changed between Caelan Maxwell and I." She felt a blush color her cheeks.

"Apparently, his mother didn't like that. So over break, they... made a bet. Using a fake name, she set up a large, very elaborate party at my family Inn. I was in charge because my sister is pregnant with triplets and on bed rest." She shook her head. "His mother shows up, makes a few big changes an hour before the party, then tells me her real name and says that if I pull off this party, Caelan and I are allowed to date. But if I don't, he's agreed to leave me alone." She rolled her eyes and glanced to Marcos. Hopefully, she wasn't boring him.

Marcos smiled at his friend as the girl launched into what had happened, and to him it felt surreal. He couldn’t imagine what all of that would be like. The fact that his family was so intensely involved in the boy’s life. That she was meddling into how two people felt about each other was quite wild to him. He couldn’t help the sympathy he felt for Kira and the stress that that situation might’ve cause for her. Especially as the mother seemed to actively get involved, presenting her with a task that was probably entirely too difficult for any one person. He almost wanted to tell his friend, or ask his friend if the boy was really worth jumping over all of these hoops for. He didn’t say anything, instead just was a good friend and listened along. ”Well, don’t stop now, tell me what happened?” the boy would reserve his thoughts until the story had come to an end, he would wait for the conclusion and how it had gone for Kira before he maybe put in his own thoughts about the matter. But he would wait first, and only jump in if he thought she would be happy to hear it, or at least hear him out.

Kira smiled softly as Marcos encouraged her. "Well," She started, tucking her hair behind her ear. "It's a good thing I know what I'm doing," She bit her lip. "It was difficult, but I managed to pull it off." She blushed. "Not long after his mother conceded to me that I'd won, even if only begrudgingly." Kira looked away, her blush deepening. "Caelan stole the stage from the live band after that, sang me a love song, and asked me to be his girlfriend." She ducked her head, her ears burning. It was probably the sweetest thing ever to happen to her, but it still embarrassed her a bit.

Marcos continued to listen to her story, he was pleased that she had managed to do it. That the mother had conceded and that the boy had asked her out. Marcos was still a little skeptical, it seemed like a whole mess to just be able to date someone, perhaps Kira really liked him and was willing to, just to be able to maybe get together. ”What did you say?” Marcos prompted, he could figure that she had maybe said yes. He was happy for her if she was happy. Marcos knew that they were friends and he had his opinions on everything that had happened to get this pair to that point, but he’d support her and talk to her as friends were supposed to do. He could tell that it was quite important to her, so he would support her and be a good friend, after all, it was what she deserved and he couldn’t help but think that smiling and a happy Kira was always better than when she seemed quite upset. He was very pleased for her.

Kira couldn't help the little stutter her heart did. She felt like she'd be blushing forever at this rate. "Well, um, I..." She ran a hand across her face. "S-said yes," she admitted softly, playing with the hem of her sleeve. She smiled shyly at Marcos. "Still, I'll always save you a dance," She told him. Just because she and Caelan were dating now didn't mean she would up and forget her friends. That was ridiculous. "How are things with that girl you like?" She inquired. She remembered noticing the way he'd looked at her during the dance last year, and hoped she had realized how sweet Marcos was.

Marcos smiled happily at her, ”I’m happy for you Kira!” he told her honestly, the way she seemed nervous and happy, almost shy of the admission quietened any of the opinions that he might’ve had. Kira was a good friend and seeing her happy was all he needed. He would defend her if this boy ever tried to break her heart. He smiled at her words, ”I’ll look forward to those,” Marcos wouldn’t hold her to it, of course he wouldn’t, they would perhaps both be with their own dates and there wouldn’t be any time, he’d be happy to just see her and greet her at such events. ”I’m not really sure, we’re trying to be friends, and it’s good. We study together and she sits with me in class, but there’s not much else there really,” The gryffindor told her, ”I still really like her, and I think she likes me, but I’m happy to be friends and would rather have that than nothing. If she doesn’t feel the same way, I’ll move on,” He wasn’t giving it any kind of deadline and he’d never tell Gabriella, but he knew that if she didn’t share his feelings he would move on, not let himself focused on her too much and just move on. It wasn’t as happy or good as Kira’s story but it was honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back