Catching up.

Steph Shirley

Wand
'Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather'.
Steph slowly walked down to the lake, she had arranged to meet up with James, she was nervous. She hadnt seen him for three weeks, and he knew nothing about Rose's death, he didnt even know Steph had left Hogwarts.
She sat down, and pulled at the grass, waiting for James.

James ran down to the lake, he had just got a note from Steph.
He hadnt seen or spoke to her in three weeks, all he knew was that something happened with Rose and Steph had to rush off.
He spotted her and walked towards her, he touched her shoulder, 'Steph?'

Steph turned and saw James, she jumped up and hugged him, she didnt let go for a long time, Steph desperatly needed someone to talk to.
'James!?' she said, still hugging him.

James held her close, 'Im here.' He said quietly.
A few minutes later they broke apart, he started into her eyes. James could tell something was very wrong, he sat down, patting the ground next to him, 'Talk to me, tell me everything.' James said softly.

Steph sat down next to him, 'James i .. i cant cope.' She said staring at her knee's, she fiddled with her sleeve, not sure whether to show James. She decided not to say anything, he didnt need to know.
'Rose, um, Rose, she d-died.' Steph said quietly.

James sighed, this was the one thing he'd hoped hadnt happened, 'Steph, im so sorry.' He said, not sure what to say, he reached out and held her hand, 'We'll get through this.'

Tears were rolling down her cheeks, still staring at the floor she said, 'I dont know how to cope, i dont know if i can get through this,' Steph wiped her eyes, and looked at James,
'Mom told me not to come back here, i had to though, i had to come back.'

'Im glad you came back,' James said quietly, 'Steph, im here for you, il always be here when you need me,' He put his arm around her and pulled her towards him. 'It'll be okay.'

Steph smiled slightly, and wiped her eyes, 'Sorry im such a downer.' She said quietly, 'Oh and thanks, i dont know what id do without you,'

Inside Steph didnt know what to feel or think, she was so disapointed in herself for what she had done the night before, James would be so upset with her if he knew. Steph rubbed at her arm, 'James, im sorry.' Steph said quietly.

'Sorry? For what? You dont have to be sorry,' James said to her, pulling her closer, he looked into her eyes, he saw the sadness and the hurt, he kissed her softly, 'It'll be okay, we just have to get through this,'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back