Catching up

Hollie Ridley

Wand
'Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather'
Hollie was in the North Tower, gazing out of the window. HNZ truly looked beautiful when it was dark, and the stars lit up the grounds. Coming to HNZ had been like plunging into a fairy tale for Hollie. Apart from all the obscene rules and detentions, and difficult people, being here was perfect.
She sighed, checking her watch. She had arranged to meet Kate here at this exact time, because the two girls had barely spoken during the Autumn term. They only shared one class - charms - and even then Kate had shouldered Pat the whole way through. It would be nice catching up again, and finding out what Kate wanted for Christmas. She had an idea for all her friends, but was waiting for her next shopping trip when she would also buy her dress for the Yule Ball. Something expensive and grown up, something that she would wear again at a different event - Hollie didn't approve of 'disposable' dresses, used for one occasion only.
She sighed again, and began pacing. Outside the moon shone brightly down on them. It felt like Midnight, but really, it was only Twilight. Not even time for bed yet.

Kate pulled her hoddie tighter around herself as she trudged up the steps to the North tower. Why had she arranged to meet here in the middle of winter? What was she thinking? Reaching the top she opened the door and walked in quickly to see Hollie pacing up and down. "Sorry i am late. I was reading in the common room and it was so warm i forgot the time." She said with a slight shiver. "So, hows you at the moment?" She asked as she curled herself up on the window ledge with her feet tucked under her.

Hollie sighed with relief when Kate walked through the door.
"Hey it's fine, no problem. I was just moving to keep warm," she said, laughing. "And I'm fine at the moment, thanks. But before we converse any longer how about moving location?" she grinned. "it's only gonna get colder up here." She was quiet for a moment, thinking where to go. "How about the... 3rd floor corridor?" she asked.

Third Floor Corridor Topic Discussion.

^^move here

Kate smiled warmly at Hollie to show her appriciation for understanding. She shivered and nodded. "Yeh! I wish we could go in each others common rooms but that would be getting ourselves expelled." She smiled to show she was joking and joined Hollie in leaving the room. Closing the door behind them she started the desent of the spiral staircase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back