Catching Up At The Cliffs

Silus Hollister

OOC First Name
Carrie
Sexual Orientation
Self Hatred
Wand
9 1/2 Straight Elm, Dragon Heartstring

The weather was warm and the sky was a brilliant and clear shade of blue as Silus slowly traipsed out towards the cliffs. A soft breeze blew through his hair, and the tall youth's ice-blue eyes lazily scanned his surroundings as he moved forward, hands resting in his jean's pockets. The Ravenclaw let out a small scoff directed towards himself, the thoughts occupying his head nowhere near as light and lovely as the day around him.

It was his last year, and he still was lost as to what was going to happen after he graduated. This was something that constantly plagued his mind. He'd changed in the last semester, even opening up to a few people and forcing himself out of his comfort zone. For Godric's sake, he danced with someone at the Yule Ball, but after all that it remained unclear what path he was on and that unknown was something he truly hated -- and feared.

The cliffs were now visible to Silus, and he recalled what trouble he had gotten into here during his first year, a small smirk managing its way onto his lips. His eyes widened when he saw that he wasn't alone, and his gaze rested on the rather familiar looking figure that stood not far away with her back facing him. "Lyra. He said with a small smile making its way to his face. He realized he really hadn't seen her since they'd been followed out into the woods by Urie, and he with that annoying thought he almost considered calling out the Hufflepuff's name in case he was trailing behind again.

Lyra and her fellow seventh years had returned to the school for their final semester at Hogwarts. She had almost given up on returning since there was no real point in it. She was going to be a professional quidditch player and travel the world. No one cared what she scored on her NEWTs. Ultimately, she had decided that she couldn’t disappoint her mother like that even if Kiera wasn’t around to see it happen. And, while it had been her decision to return to the school, she couldn’t help but feel as if it was the wrong choice. Nothing was the same.

Lyra had changed entirely in the course of two short weeks. Not just her physical appearance, though that was certainly different. Her dirty blonde tresses blew in the wind as she stood looking out over the cliffs. She was alone and not ungrateful for the silence. The biggest difference in her life was that she was officially an orphan. Both of her parents were dead, and she was only eighteen years old. Silent tears streamed down her face only because no one else was watching her. She had been so tough through the break up and the funeral that she couldn’t stand it any longer which was how she wound up on the cliffs in the first place.

But she wasn’t alone anymore. Lyra heard a voice calling her name. Hastily, she wiped all traces of the tears from her green eyes before turning around. She smiled with relief to find that it was only Silus. He was one of the few people that she would not mind the company of right now. “Hi Silus.” Lyra said, trying to push her emotions down under the surface.
<i></i>

As the Ravenclaw made his way over to Lyra, he paused his steps for a moment, catching the sunlight hitting her hair to reveal a darker shade of blonde instead of auburn. His eyes narrowed slightly, giving away his confusion for a moment before he continued striding forwards. It was her, it had to be, and as she turned to face him Silus smiled softly down at the Gryffindor, seeing the familiar green eyes that belonged to Lyra alone. It was truly good to see her again, but it didn't escape the Ravenclaw's notice that something was off.

Being the person he cared for the most since his first year at Hogwarts, he'd seen her when she was happy, when she was cross, and right now she didn't look either. He found it odd that she was here out by the cliffs alone like this. Why wasn't she with him? Silus thought as pushed a strand of wayward hair from his eyes. "It's good to see you again," He stated truthfully. He wanted to ask her if she was okay, but that didn't feel like the smartest thing to do at the moment. "You get up to any trouble lately?" He half-teased, subtle trying to find out what she'd been up to while they'd been busy.

A couple of months had passed since the Gryffindor had seen her Ravenclaw friend. He had taken the fall for her during the incident in the forest even though the situation hadn't really been his fault in the first place. Lyra smiled slightly as he teased her. She wasn't in much of a joking mood, but he didn't know that. He couldn't possibly know. She didn't want to answer his question truthfully, and she had no interest in talking about what she had been up to lately.

Instead, Lyra did the first thing that popped into her head. In an uncharacteristic behavior, she reached up and pulled his face down to hers and kissed him. "Not unless you count that." she said wickedly with a grin on her face for the first time it weeks. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I'll be on my best behavior now. Why don't you tell me what you've been up to instead?" she suggested, stepping away from Silus, not that she regretted her decision. Hopefully, it would distract him from the direction his questions had been heading in.
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back