Can't believe you're here

Fenton Longestine

Wand
12 1/2" ash and willow mix with thestral hair core
Fenton had stayed at the back of the astronomy class not too pushed on the subject at all and not fully understanding why he had ever kept it on but right now he was glad he had. His mood since arriving here had been short and down and he had no one to blame but himself. It wasn't Andy's fault but she certainly wasn't helping either. How many times had he walked down a corridor or a stairs only to see her flirting outrageously and not just with boys her age but with guys older and younger than her too. The girl was out of control but he had promised Essie and the boys that he would back off and leave her to her own defenses. He was not to interfere and he was not to complicate her life here.

As he had sat in the class something a bout a girl infront of him had become instantly recognizable until it clicked on him who it had been, Trista. He had actually been about to scribble her a letter then and there in astronomy instead of paying attention when he had seen her. Talk about fate dropping some good fortune his way at last. She still looked beautiful. He had made up a paper bird with a note to meet him after class in the North Tower. Waiting now for her was nerve wracking, he didn't know if she would come or if she would even be happy to see him. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and began to whistle, something he only ever did when he was nervous.

Trista was tired, she had woken up early that morning to make some last preperations for a new year at a new school and didn't know the shortcuts to get from class to class like she had at Beauxbatons, so this forced her to have to walk all the way down Ravenclaw tower only to have to walk back up the taller Astronomy tower to get to class. She finally got up to the room plopping down in her seat with less grace than she normally had, resting her head on her desk. She was definitely going to ask Kailey to show her some shortcuts. She looked up at her blonde twin sitting a few rows up and wondered why she hadn't done that this morning.

As the class started Trista got out her supplies not really planning on doing much, she was peacefully sleeping when a paper bird landed on top of her head. She made at to swat it away at first before her wits caught up to her and she opened it up to read the note inside, stifling a yawn as she did so. Fenton...? she thought a bit flabbergasted, HE was suppposed to be halfway across the world... How were they going to meet at the north tower? She shook her head sleepily feeling idiotic for that last thought before folding the note and putting it away.

At the end of class she once again walked down a tower only to go right back up another, only this time it didn't seem nearly as taxing on her muscles. Maybe it was because most of the walking had been down that time? She didn't know and honestly she didn't care, she was too shocked that the guy she had met and had such a good day with in Brightstone had transfered here too. I guess that explains our question as to how the owls were getting inbetween our schools so quickly. she thought amused, realizing she had never told him of her transfer either. She pushed up the enterance to the top of the north tower and climbed up, giving Fenton a small wave. "Well, I guess this explains our owls with 'Superhuman' speed." she said starting the conversation out lightly

Fenton turned at the sound of her voice and smiled.
"Yeah I guess it does. I couldn't believe it when I saw you in class. I was just about to write you another letter telling you I was here now, if you happened to be in the neighborhood come those Brightstone weekends" he moved towards her like a magnet, she hadn't changed a bit save getting probably more beautiful if that was even possible. When he was around her he felt as if all thoughts of Andromeda got eclipsed completely and though he wasn't sure about it before now he was glad.

Standing now in front of her he reached out a hand and brushed his thumb down her cheek as he smiled at her.
"So we get to have classes together now? I must have done something really good in a past life".
He didn't even feel as if his lines were cheesy, he simply felt euphoric around her, deliriously so.

Trista laughed, "This whole time we thught they were flying across the world when they were making a trip as easy as across the castle. Which I've found on foot can be pretty hellish, but with wings it would be bloody easy." she replied, before turning her mind to the next part of his words, he enjoyed her company enough to invite her to the brightstone weekends? Something about that made her go warm inside, she smiled. "Well let me assure you I think I can meet you there with little difficulty." she said with a laugh and a wink, it was the truth after all.

Her skin jumped as he reached out and put a hand to her face, this boy sure didn't have many bounds of personal space. Had it been anyone else she would have slapped their hand. She nodded, "We do.... but wait, weren't you going into your seventh year?" she asked now confused, how could they have classes thgether is she was just in her sixth year? She didn't really know how to respond to the last line, so she didn't. She instead looked into his eyes, blue locked on brown. Her eyes showing just how sweet she thought that compliment was even if it was a bit cheesy, cheesy was okay in small amounts.

He had the ridiculous impulse to lower his head, simply lower it and kiss her. Slowly he could feel the magnetic draw of her mouth, his head felt heavy as it began to lean towards her and then he pulled up his head quickly. He couldn't just go around kissing girls, and though he really wanted to kiss Trista, he wanted to do this right from start to finish. He would exorcise his demons for Andy first before he took this any further, all he knew was he wanted to.

"Grades weren't good enough to move forward here, kind of stopped putting in the effort end of last year. I did well enough at Durmstrang to move on but not for here. Guess the academic achievement is alot higher here than there but that's not surprising" he felt as if he was rambling now and wanted to kick himself. Memories of the day they had spent together came back and he smiled at her.
"So how come you're here and not half way across the world?"

Tristas heart thumped louder in her chest as he started to lean down as if to kiss her. But before she could move in too he pulled back and she took a step back feeling almost like she had been slapped. Why are you being so irrational girl? Didn't you come here to get away from things like this? she thought looking up at the taller man infront of her. She couldn't help but wonder why he had changed his mind so quickly. But she tried not to look hurt.

"Ahhh, Mhmm... I barely got the grades to stay in my own year. Luckily I got to skip OWLS entirely though." she said "Well, I could ask you the same question but one, I'm glad you're here, snd two, you went to Durmstrang so I can imagine you wanted to get away from the dreadful place. The reason I'm here is because I was tired of Beauxbatons crap and my family's here anyways." she answered simply, it was the truth after all.

Fenton smiled at her, his hand instinctively went to hold her hand. He looked down at it and loved how it always seemed to feel just right in his hand. If this was so why did he feel something else for Andy? He was confused and wanted to sort all of this out fast, he just didn't know how.
"Well that's good news isn't it? We get to spend classes together, you can help me with my homework assignments, I can help you.. with anything else" he chuckled giving her hand a slight squeeze.
"But if you want I can still send you an express owl on occasion?" he didn't like that holding her hand might give her mixed signals especially after trying to kiss her and stopping himself earlier.

Before Trista knew it their hands were intertwined once more. His hand was warm against her almost icy skin. It was odd how it seemed to fit just right into his, even odder that she was giving such a simple gesture that much thought. Trista laughed "Definitely, I've heard the OWLs are a b1tch, though I doubt NEWTs will be a good thing for my first set of major exams. Nastily Exhausting... yikes!" she started, "Well I'll try to help, don't know how successful I'll be though." she told him knowing she wasn't the best tutor or student even though she was a Ravenclaw. "Hey what house are you in anyways?" she asked, curious.

Trista nodded, "Sure... Whenever you want to talk after curfew an OWL would be perfect, the curfew itself will take some getting used to. Certainly had more freedom at Beauxbatons though I usually got into trouble so... yeah." she said, Trista looked back down at their hands again and thought Maybe he's just wanting to be slow about things, we have only spoken in person twice after all even if we did spend the whole summer conversing by owl. It really does make sense when I actually think about it. she thought, now a bit embarassed at her earlier reaction. She cold be so immature at times.

Fenton took a deep breath knowing he had to move away from her and fast or he would be pulling her into his arms faster than she could say her own name. Letting go of her hand he scuffed his feet on the ground before shoving his hands deep into his pocket, finding some sickles he had forgotten about. She'd think he was completely crazy if he skipped out on her now but the pull to kiss her was so damn strong.

"Look I have to go again, I know this is sudden and brief but I, well I just wanted you to know that I'm here" that was most likely the stupidest thing he had ever said. He smiled at her and began to head out but stopped himself at the entrance, what was he doing?Andromeda Fiorelli had an awful lot to answer to. He took another deep breath and muttered a goodbye before walking out of there. The first two steps down from the tower were taken at a slow pace, the rest he raced down as if flames were coming out of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back