Candles on the Lake

Tara Sitara

OOC First Name
Mia
It was the first day of Diwali and Tara had spent the afternoon preparing and celebrating. she had spring blended her dorm much to the odd looks of her classmates, and now she had found some small tea lights, and pie tins. she placed a tea light in each and lit them all with some matches she had borrowed from the kitchen under oath that she would only light the candles and nothing else. soon she was ready. inside each of the tins she placed a small peace of parchment on the first tin she wrote a small sentence, it was half way between a wish and a prayer the placed this first 'boat' into the lake and watched as it drifted towards the center, aided by a small breeze but luckily it was not enough to blow out the candle.

Roze was sitting out under a tree in the Great Lawn near the lake. She saw a girl on the other side of the lake lighting small candles and setting them off in small tins in the lake. She watched for a few minutes, enjoying the look of the candles floating on the water. Soon, however, she got curious. Roze stood up and walked slowly around the lake, not taking her eyes off of the girl and her candles. When she reached the other side, she kneeled next to the girl and asked, "Are you celebrating something?"

Tara saw another student walking around the lake towards her. "hello, do you want to join me" she asked the girl as she knelt down, "I'm celebrating Diwali festival of lights, by sending the candles out, if you want you can send one to, i like writing a wish in each one. she said passing the girl a tray a small piece of parchment, quill and ink. "what year are you in? she asked the girl, wondering how much older she was.

"Sure! Thanks!" Roze accepted excitedly. "This is so cool." She loved to learn about other cultures. Now, she actually go to take part in one.

"I'm a third year Gryffindor. You?" She answered as she set her first candle off. She watched it float away slowly.

Tara Smiled as the girl sent a candle across the lake. "im glad you like it she said watching the light bob its way across the water. "i'm Tara, a first year hufflepuff" she said wondering what her name was

"Ahh, a first year," Roze teased. That would explain why they were using muggle matches to light the candles. Not that she didn't like it. She loved being able to do things the way she learned to do them when she was little. Muggle traditions were the best comfort to her in this new world.

"Oh, I'm Roze." Roze replied with a smile. It was just like her to forget to include her name in her introduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back