OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Addison Thoreau smiled as she entered her soon to be favorite place in the school. The kitchens. It was buzzing with elves, but she hoped that they would not mind her being here, and trying to make something small. She did not know what she wanted though. Cookies, or cake? Addison got her little pink apron that she brought from home and wrapped it around her. She breathed in the smell of ingredients and soap as the dishes washed on their own. Addison cracked her knuckles and tied her blonde hair back into a bun so that she would not drop hair anywhere. After all, that was just disgusting!

She always wanted to be a chef when she was younger. Even when she was younger, her father bought her an easy bake oven and she used it so much, he had to replace it every year. Now, she was learning to cook with the grown ups. Or in this case, the elves. Addie practically bounced over to them, and started to open cabinets, looking for sugar, flour and vanilla to make whatever she wanted. The only bad thing was that she did not have a sheet on how to make either cookies or cake. She buzzed around the kitchen, grabbing what she thought she needed, which was a little over the top. But, Addie was having fun, and trying not to step on toes while she was at it.

Baltair wasn't used to being at a school. He was actually very used to being mostly ignored. It wasn't a normal practice in his family to have warm little family meetings in the living room. He never liked being in large crowds because he was always taught to blend in, but he felt like blending in was hard when everyone wanted to talk to each other. He knew the stereotypes of the houses and it seemed none of them were completely true. He wouldn't have thought he was a Ravenclaw, but then he wouldn't have placed himself in any of the houses, so he figured it was probably a good thing that he wasn't the sorting hat, or this would have been a very interesting year. He probably would have put everyone in the same house, he didn't understand it. He didn't care, either, which was probably worse. He was stuck with Cailin too, which wasn't as bad as she seemed to be making it out to be. He loved his sister, though she was a bit of a kook if he was honest. She had some strange notions, and he was pretty sure that she found him to be embarrassing, not that he wouldn't say the same. He knew he never really fit in with his family. He was kind of an outsider. He was the youngest boy after all. He was one of only three boys after all. Despite how many siblings he had, they were overwhelmingly female.

Walking into the kitchen in order to get away from the crowd for a nice meal, Baltair was a little taken aback to notice a blonde girl in the room with the house elves. He had wanted to be alone, but he supposed it wasn't too bad, given he actually didn't like house elves. He thought they were stupid and so happily agreed when his brother had ordered all house elves out of the main house. They of course needed someone to clean the house though, so they'd hired regular witches to clean and perform other household duties. Though Baltair suspected that Parker had other reasons for doing that, Baltair only cared that he didn't have to worry about house elves touching his food. "Hi, are you cooking something? Can I help?"

Addie could not resist jumping as a reflection when someone asked if they could help. The Hufflepuff turned around to see that there was another first year, like herself. From the looks of him, he was a Ravenclaw. Addie had yet to meet one of those! She beamed from ear to ear, before she fixed her small apron. “Sure! I’d love some help!” Addie was a little too enthusiastic. After all, she did love some help, especially from a boy. She didn’t have any siblings so she did not have any experience on what boys liked. She assumed that both were the same. The only issue was, she did not know what she was cooking! How could she get some help if she did not even know what she was cooking? Addie placed her finger on her lips as she thought. “Actually, I don’t know if I want to bake a cake or cookies. I don’t have the directions for either, so I am winging it.” Addie shrugged her shoulders, before turning around and grabbing the bottle of vanilla extract. Either way, she was going to use this. Maybe some sugar cookies. Would that do? Maybe. If she remembered what the dough would look like for cookies. And they were so hard too. Maybe she should make a cake? Cupcakes? “My dad is a chef, so I want to be like him when I grow up. Gotta start early, right? I’m Addison Thoreau by the way. Call me Addie!”

Baltair wasn't sure what it was about girls, they were all weird. He shrugged as she accepted his offer and was happy for her to put him to work. He never got to help people normally, he was usually told just to do what he was told and not worry about anything, which was generally fine with, but here it didn't work that way and he had more freedom, which was strange to get used to. Baltair grew concerned however when it became apparent that the girl had no idea what she was cooking. Now, at home, should Baltair have wanted to help there would have been an entire instructional manual on what he needed to do. He never read it, but liked the comfort of having it there. He'd never so much as winged it in his life. He wasn't even sure if that was a real thing, though the girl seemed to have some sort of idea what she was doing, which was more than Baltair could say for himself. "I like cookies." He said as his only way of perhaps helping her out in this moment. He hoped she would be able to direct him a little in the least. He smiled when she introduced herself. "Nice to meet you Addie, I'm Baltair... I don't have a nickname because my family doesn't do them, but you're free to give me one if you can't say my name." After all, Baltair wasn't an easy name to pronounce.

The future chef smiled as the Ravenclaw seemed to get into the whole cooking thing. About time someone did, other than Addison! She was more than happy to hang around someone her age too. She didn’t have any siblings, so she felt as though she needed someone to fill in the void. Plus, he was kinda cute. Addie just did not get into boys yet. She didn’t think they had cooties or anything, but she didn’t see them as anything but boys. “Cookies it is! So, I need to make the dough a little dryer.” Addie added some flour to the mix, allowing it to be less like a cake dough and more like a cookie dough. She already added in the vanilla, so it would be more like sugar cookies. She didn’t even know how it will turn out. She rolled it and ripped it in half to hand to the boy named Baltair. “Bally sounds like a nice nickname to me. Anyway, we need to roll the dough and then cut out circles. I have no idea how these will taste but I hope they turn into sugar cookies.” Addie blushed as she started to roll the dough, taking a cookie cutter and stamping out the cookies.

Baltair watched the girl as she went about doing her thing. She would probably fit right into his family if she was doing this over a cauldron. Not a great place to cook, he realised, but not much different. He was good a potions, ergo, he should be good at this right? He grinned when she said yes to his cookies, they were honestly the best thing about being at Hogwarts, that he could eat his cookies whenever he wanted, which was a great time. Because he wanted them almost all of the time. He balked at the nickname, but he had asked her to give him one, so he supposed he deserved that one. He nodded and took the cookie dough from her, laying it on the counter after covering it in a mess of flour and flattening it a little with his hands. "Do we have a rolling pin?" One of the houseelves threw one at him and he glared in its direction before turning to his dough and continuing to roll it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back