By herself...

Gabriella Kinney

Gabriella Kinney walked slowly down the cobbled street of Obsidian Harbor. She marveled at the buildings and characters around her--how...different it was than what she was used to.

Gabriella, or Gabby, was born to Muggle parents and just recently received her owl stating that she was a witch. She was still trying to take it all in. Her parents were dumbfounded, but supported her in her choice to attend Hogwarts. Earlier that morning, they dropped her off at the entrance as they headed to work. They told her that they would love to go with her, but that 'duty called'. Gabby didn't think the reason was good enough, but she went alone nevertheless.

She stopped in front of the Magical Menagerie and gazed in at the variety of animals housed in cages.

Hollie was just leaving Magical Menagerie with her new snowy-white owl when she noticed another girl about her age gazing in wonder at the animal shop. Smiling, she walked over to the girl.
"Hello," she said, cheerfully. "Nice day, isn't it? Are you in your first year at Hogwarts? I am. What house are you in?" she smiled expectantly at the girl, waiting for a reply.

Harri walked cheerfully down the road. It was hard to believe that just over a year ago she had no idea that this place exsisted. Looking at all the many shops and the people who worked in them, she simply couldn't imagine life without it! She peered into the magical mengarie, staring at a huge toad that was visible from the window when she realised there were two other girls besides her. "Hey!" she said turning to them. "I'm Harri!" she said grinning.

Gabriella jumped at the sound of girls' voices and turned attention away from 2 rats. "I'm Gabriella," she said shyly. She wasn't much of an open person, but figured she needed some people to talk to.

"Yeah, it's my first day...And no, I don't know what house I'm in yet."

She gazed at the first girl's snowy owl, "She's so pretty! So...What house are you all in?"

Harri smiled "Hey Gabriella ," she said sensing the shyness and calming herself down a bit, "I'm a Gryffindor second year!" she said happily. She smiled at the girl remembering that it was sometimes difficult talking to people you didn't know. "What house would you like?" she asked inquisitivly.

Gabriella racked her brain...She didn't know much about the different houses, she realized. She knew the very basic, from the letter.

"I honestly don't know that much about them, being a Muggleborn and all, but from what I can tell, I'd take anything but Slytherin."

She paused for a moment, "But even if I got Slytherin, which I find highly unlikely, I'm just glad to be there." She laughed, I like talking to these girls...It's easy...

"So how do you like Hogwarts?"

[[OoC: Sorry she's talking so much! I just keep thinking of dialogue, LOL]]

((Thats okay :lol: ))

Harri smiled "Yeah I'm muggleborn too, it can feel a bit difficult at first cause it seems like everyone knows more then you, but don't worry it's great at school! And most of the people are fantastic!" she said happily.
Harri smiled at the question, how did she like Hogwarts. She answered truthfully "I love it. Absoloutly love it, it's like a home from home!" she said smiling "And you I've made the best friends I could wish for!" she said happily.

((OOC: That's Ok, I love these convos :D So all's good (y)))

Hollie smiled.
"Hi, I'm Hollie," she said, and then looked at her owl. "And this is Snowie. Very unoriginal name, I know!" She laughed, and took the girl's appearance in.
"So, you're muggleborn?" she inquired, remembering what Gabriella had said a minute ago. "Well, if it makes it any easier, so am I. So I guess that puts us in the same position." she laughed again. "But it gets easy. I've only been here a few days and I'm already pretty familiar with Obsidian Harbour. Once you've been sorted, and you can begin your shopping, alot of things will fall into place. I mean, you get to know a few older students in the shops, and their so nice. They're happy to bargain and everything." she paused, realising she'd said a lot. "Anyway, as I was saying, I was in your position a few days ago. My parents didn't accompany me either. They were too busy with my other 6 siblings."
She sighed, and looked around. "You asked me what house I'm in?" she asked, recalling another part of the conversation. "Well, I'm in Gryffindor. And yeah, Hogwarts is amazing thanks. But I'm only first year, so I haven't experienced much of it. What would be your preference out of Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Gryffindor?"
She turned to the second year who had joined them.
"Hey," she began. "You're Harri right? I think I've seen you in our common room before."

Gabriella smiled when Harriet mentioned friends. "I didn't have a lot of friends in the muggle world, so I'm hoping that I can start anew." She twirled her blonde ponytail. "What's your favorite subject? I can't wait to start!" She smiled at Hollie. "I think Ravenclaw, because I love books and studying and all, but if both of you are in Gryffindor, it obviously can't be that bad...Actually nice." She laughed out loud and added, "Snowie's a nice name."

[[OoC: Yeah, I don't have a bank account yet or supply list, but I've started her RPs in the shops...By the time I'm paying I should have money, LOL]]

Harri smiled "Yeah thats right!" she said, she liked Gabriella and thought they would get on well "Yeah you'll make tons of friends, look you already have two!" she said gesturing to herself and Hollie. "My favortie subject? Definatly transfiguration. Its so cool chaning something into something else!" she said happily. "But all the subjects are great, and so are the professors!" she said.

Hollie nodded.
"Yup, you can definitely count us as friends!" she said, happily. "Yes, I love studying as well... but the Sorting Hat decided on Gryffindor. But it doesn't matter what house you're in, we're both in the same year and therefore will see you around." She beamed. "Favourite subject? Hmm... well, I haven't really had subjects before, but the three I can't wait for are DADA, Transfiguration like Harri, and Charms! Potions sounds pretty cool as well, but in the muggleworld I was rubbish at Food Tech, so it may be the same in potions!" she laughed. "So Harri, what kind of background do you come from? Do you have any siblings?"
she grinned at the two girls.

Harri grinned Hollie seemed really enthusiastic and she liked that. "Yeah those three are really good, but potions is really good! Seriously you don't need to be good at food tech!" she siad laughing slightly "Cause it's not like cooking. But its really fun!" she said remembering it. "Well I'm a muggleborn and untill recently I didn't know my uncle was a wizard. I have no brothers or sisters unfortunatly,I come from England and I guess I've had a pretty good unbringing!" she said happily.

Gabriella looked up and brightened, "Hey! I'm from England too!" Grinning, she added, "No matter what, if I meet more people like you two, it's going to be awesome!" She sang the last word. "Shall we get ice cream?"

[[OoC: The library's kicking me off the comp, so I'll try and finish this tomorrow.]]

(( :lol: okayy!))

Harri grinned "Wow really! Do you like it?" she asked, Harri smiled glad she had made a new friend "Believe me when you actually get to Hogwarts its ten times better then you think its going to be!" she said happily "Yeah, i love ice cream!" she said happily thinking about the amount of times she had been in there.

[[OoC: Gryffindor!!!]]

"D'you want to go get some ice cream then? It'd be nice on a hot day like this!" Gabriella smiled to the two girls. Definitely like having friends!

(( Woooo :D ))

Harri grinned "Sure, I could do with some ice cream!" she siad happily walking towards the ice cream parlour.

((Do you want to Rp in the ice cream parlour?))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back