Business Before Summer

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Sophia sat alone at a table in the Library with blank parchment before her, ink at the ready, and quill in hand. Bruin's letter was on the table as well, staring up at her maliciously. She knew if she concentrated hard enough and filled herself with rage she could set it aflame and never have to see it again, but Sophia was not sure she could control herself, and honestly she was not sure it would even help. The words of the letter were etched into her brain. What's done is done and I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself. In some ways it was a relief to Sophia not to have to worry about hurting Bruin, but she could not help but question the letter and herself. Was Bruin telling the truth, or was he putting on a smile so that she would not worry about him? And if he was telling the truth, was it a relief to her that he was all right? Some part of Sophia wanted Bruin to miss her, to be hurt that she was back with Ford. Was it possible that Bruin really had never cared for her like she had for him?

With a sigh Sophia dipped her quill in the green ink and put it to the parchment. She needed to write something. Exams were nearly over and Sophia was unsure of how she would be able to correspond over the summer, or if she even should.

Bruin,

I will be spending this summer as I spent my last and will spend the next two at Drage Herrogard.  Valcan has demanded that it be that way and he will not take no for an answer.  I am to be picked up immediately after the train arrives and will not be dropped off again until the train is to leave for school in September.  I saw last summer what running away will get me, and that is not something I plan on trying again.  I suppose you will be spending the summer with your family?  How are they?

I am also excited about Shane, but I am very nervous as well.  I have yet to contact him and am very unsure of what to do.  If my father finds out that I know about Shane things will not be pleasant, especially for Shane.  I do not want to cause him trouble, but I so want to see him again.  I am so conflicted.  Nothing seems like the right answer.

I would not call myself a good person.  Perhaps I used to be, before, but I am a Slytherin for a reason, as is Ford.  I will not fool myself into thinking anything different.  I truly believe that I deserve Ford, and he deserves me and my full attention.  If it were meant to be any other way, it would be.  The question now is, what becomes of us?  I have always enjoyed being your friend, even though it did not always seem like it.  The summer I spent with you was my happiest summer since I came to New Zealand, and I do not know if I am ready to give that up just yet.  Yet again I am conflicted.  It seems like nothing makes sense in my life right now.  Not my family, nor my friends, nor even myself.  I do not know if I can just ignore you to be with Ford.  I want to be with Ford, but I want you as my friend.  Is that so selfish?  Is it really not possible for us all three to get along harmoniously.

I know I said I was prepared to leave you alone, but I am not sure anymore.  I need to know what your thoughts and feelings are on the situation.  I would like to meet with you before I leave, but a letter will suffice if that is all you can give me.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Sophia

Satisfied with her letter Sophia sealed the parchment and packed up her things. There was nothing left to do now but send the letter, so she headed to the Owlery to do precisely that.

Kate wandered into the library and saw a girl looking at a piece of paper as if she was trying to set it on fire. She smiled and chose a book, Charms best spells through the century. She picked it up and went over to the girl, "Do you mind if i sit with you, it looks like veery advanced magic you are doing, how on earth do you set fire without a wand?" She looked into the girls face and asked, "Are you ok, you look very sad?" And without warning tears filled her face, she quickly blinked them away and smiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back