Brooding

Fenton Longestine

Wand
12 1/2" ash and willow mix with thestral hair core
Fenton had returned briefly to Durmstrang only to be given a letter from his parents to let him know that finally they were granting him his undying wish of a transfer. He had begged them for nothing else since second year and now finally just as he was about to sit his OWLs they decided to upset the apple cart. Even if they had waited until the following year it would have been something but nope, his parents were true to their haphazard regime. They would never do things that he wanted when he wanted them too but would spitefully wait for as long as possible until they thought it had always been their idea.

He was thrilled of course but this now meant simply that he would have to repeat fifth year in whatever school they deemed suitable for him. He had dropped the very subtle hint of Hogwarts Scotland but would have to wait and see if this nugget of information had even reached their subconsciousness. Aries attended that school and more than that, so did Andromeda. The girl of his dreams, the light of his life, an absolute vision and she didn't even know he existed except in the guise of close friend, brotherly type. He had never felt very brotherly towards her and more so especially since he had seen her again at the Yule break. Exasperated he apparated to Obsidian Harbour and began to walk around. He knew they were both at school right now but he still lived in hope of bumping into them, well her.

Trevor was wondering about Obisidian I need to find a way to get in touch with Hogwarts he realized Else I have to consider going back to HS. Although all his friends were at Hogwarts Scotland and Trevor knew absolutely no one in New Zealand, if he went back to Hogwarts Scotland, Jess would either stay in NZ and go to a muggle school or return to Durmstrang. Either way they'd be separated and after what happened to their parents, Trevor thought it would be best trying to stay with his sister to try and at least provide some small form of stability for her.

At least if I get in to Hogwarts New Zealand, since we'd both be new, she might consider it he thought. At that moment he noticed a guy who couldn't be too much older than himself. "Excuse me?" he asked politely in his English accent. "You wouldnt happen to go to Hogwarts here would you?" he asked.

Fenton turned at the sound of the male voice and smiled shaking his head at the younger looking boy.
"If only I did mate, if only I did" he said enigmatically, then realising the boy infront of him wouldn't have a clue he held out his hand, "I'm Fenton and I'm Durmstrang unfortunately. Would give my right arm to be going to Hogwarts New Zealand branch but my parents have yet to be convinced the school is worth its weight academically."

He looked at the boy wondering if he was hoping to transfer there or something.
"Why do you ask? Girl on the inside?" it was his close to his truth after all, not that she was his or anything but he was still living in hope even after five minutes.

Trevor tried to hold back a grin at the older looking guys answer. He smiled politely as the guy introduced himself as Fenton and basically explained why he didnt go to hogwarts. He frowned now curious about the academic standards of the school compared to its Scottish couterpart.

He laughed as Fenton asked if he had a girl on the inside. "I wish!" he said with a smirk, thinking of all the girls he'd run into from the school at Brightstone. "Trevor Davies," he said introducing himself "Looking at transferring in"

Fenton merely nodded his head as a hand came up to sweep back his blonde hair, the movement a futile gesture as it merely flopped back into place again.
"Lucky you" he muttered, "So where are you transferring from?" he didn't appear to be from Durmstrang, he would certainly have recognised him. Fenton looked at the boy who had in turn introduced himself as Trevor.
"Trevor... huh?"
he wasn't sure what he was up to now, looking at his watch and then glancing up and down the street. The day had gotten away from him completely. Curiousty peaked though he waited for the boys answer.
"What year are you in?"

Trevor glanced at Fenton as he muttered something. He smiled "Hogwarts Scotland" he answered. Thinking back to his old school made him shiver, even if he didn't get into Hogwarts New Zealand, there were just too many memories there, he couldn't go back. He nodded absently as the boy repeated his name.

Fentons question snapped him back "Fifth year." he anwered "How 'bout you?" he asked suddenly interested. Fifth years too young to drop out of school if I don't get into Hogwarts he thought "Whats Durmstrang like?" he suddenly asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back