Brightstone Train Station

Isabella Ormonde

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Padua - Aoaman Wood wand with essence of Griffin feather 10 3/4 inch
The steam hissed loudly from the funnel as the express pulled into the train station. Isabella had managed to secure an empty compartment on board much to her delight. She was nervous enough without having to make idle chatter as well. No doubt anyone who did recognise her and she hoped they would be few and far between, would have the grace not to ask too many questions. She hoped even more that none were up to date on English scandals. She alighted from the train and watched the many faces circulate about her, the first years were going once more by boat across the lake to the castle, while the rest of them would take the threstel pulled coaches to the other side.

Wearing the uniform once more felt like a home coming in itself, she was proud to be a Gryffindor. Always had been, perhaps that was another reason she was glad to be out of Beauxbatons. The throng of students moved to their respective boats and coaches. She allowed herself to be pushed along before she started digging her heels in, to remain firmly rooted to the spot. She would take one of the last few coaches and hoped that it would be as empty as the compartment she had been in. Of course Isabella knew without a doubt that they only ever sent just enough coaches, unlike the express.

Finally it was her turn to sit in to the black coach, the last one. She tried not to look at the students sitting in it already. Perhaps none knew her and she would be safe enough to sit the ride out in comparative silence.

Back to school. There used to be a time when Kat had dreaded leaving home to come back to school, but somewhere over the course of the last four years she'd lost that homesick feeling she used to get so badly. On the way back to school she'd sat in the Prefects cabin on the train (one of the perks of having the title) and once they'd arrived she helped the first years get to their appointed spot.

Once everyone seemed to be settled and on their way back up to the castle, Kat climbed into the last carriage to leave. She noticed that there was someone new sitting along with the few other students, but the girl looked to be older than her. Kat smiled kindly at the girl and said brightly, "Hullo! Are you new here? I don't believe I've seen you before!"

The coach lurched forward and began it progression to the school, at the same time a voice spoke up. Isabella turned and gave the girl a friendly smile. At least she hoped it appeared friendly, the girl had quite clearly stated that she didn't know her so Isabella felt fine with talking with her.
"My name is Isabella Ormonde. I guess I am new here though I was here for a short time last year from Hogwarts Scotland for the Triwizard tournament. I'm transferring" she looked back out as the train began to depart once more. The loud hiss and whoosh of steam clouded its departure from her vision for a moment, turning back to face the other girl Isabella became acutely aware for the first time since she began her journey of her 'nature'. When she was on her own, it didn't bother her as there was naturally no-one to ignite her temper. She didn't have the ability to see the future but already she was curious. Would she get so angry some day that she would transform and scare this girl and others.
Nina knew what she was, so few did and this scared her too. People didn't usually fear what they were aware of, did they? It was usually the unknown and ignorance that played on peoples consciousness.

"Nice to meet you Isabella! I'm Katalina Vanderhol, but most everyone calls me Kat." she replied with a small grin. She hadn't realized that the girl had been at the school last year, but in all honesty her thoughts and attentions had been elsewhere for the better part of the he third year at Hogwarts. "Which school are you transferring from...Hogwarts Scotland or Beauxbatons?" Kat asked curiously as HNZ had seen quite an influx of students from both schools this year.

"Pleased to meet you Kat" Isabella shrugged at the next question, "Well technically my last school was Beauxbatons but I only attended it for a few months. I was Hogwarts Scotland for all my years before that. Gryffindor House" this was said with such pride, Isabella could have sworn that the lions crest on the sweater she wore beneath her robes almost leapt off.
"I heard that there are more and more people transferring now, I guess word is getting around about how great this school is. The triwizard tournament would have helped that I suppose, even after the incident with your headmistress. Was there ever any new developments there? Sorry it's just that I've been a bit out of circulation" she smiled at the younger girl, only then noticing she wore a prefect badge.

{Are you wearing one? will edit it if you aren't :)}

((She definitely has her badge on :D ))

Kat was excited to hear that the new girl was a fellow Gryffindor. It was nice to have someone older amongst the throng of cubs that had taken over the house. Maybe she wants to room with us she thought curiously, but didn't actually state it aloud...not yet anyways. "Yeah we seem to be getting tons of people transferring in from all over the place. It's hard to keep up with everyone coming and going." Kat stated and then added, "If anyone has any new leads on Headmistress Barker then they haven't clued us in that's for sure." She was a little miffed that the ministry wasn't letting on to what exactly happened that day and she knew somewhere in her heart of hearts that the ministry knew what was going on.

"So Isabella...what year are you in?" Kat asked, thinking that the girl looked to be at least a year older than her.

A state of relief washed over her as Kat didn't question her about such a short time at Beauxbatons, smiling at the girl she hoped that they could become friends. Isabella usually had a good feel for people and something told her this girl was discreet and as she too was a Gryffindor, she was loyal.

It was a shame about the headmistress, the woman was in many peoples thoughts constantly. She had been such a tour de force when they had arrived the year before, had been so welcoming and encouraging of all of them. Isabella truly hoped nothing bad had happened to her since her kidnapping.

"I'm in sixth year" she smiled, "though if my father had his way I'd be repeating my OWLs again, actually if I had my way I'd probably repeat them all over again. How about yourself being a prefect must mean your at the least a third year but you look older than that. Tell me please that you're sixth year too, it would be nice to know someone in my classes I can't remember any of them. Though I'm sure that once I begin I'll probably recognise a few".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back