Jeremy Thorne

Emergency Dept Healer | Hattie's Dad
OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Although his personal life had changed drastically over the past few months, Jeremy's professional life remained ever the same. Busy, busy, busy. The man didn't mind though. It was what he'd signed up for so many years ago and what he still thrived on today. The emergency area was where Jeremy felt in control, shouting orders and helping people. But even Jeremy needed a break sometimes. After he'd quickly checked in with his mother to make sure Hattie had not slept her morning away, Jeremy entered the break room and smiled. Nice and empty.

Opening his paper bag, Jeremy was glad he'd taken his mother up on her offer to remain for a few months to help him and Hattie settle in. And he certainly didn't mind having his meals prepared. His mother had never been very domestic, but now that she had grandchildren she'd become so. It was a nice change.

Digging in, Jeremy casually opened one of the rags on the table. The man wondered if he'd see any friends in this issue.

Paige had made a nice lunch at home and she was looking forward to it ever since she started working. It was a busy day and Paige had been constantly working. Finally it was time for her to go and eat her lovely lunch. She walked to the break room and saw one of her colleague already enjoying his break. Paige didn't know his name, he had seem him once or twice though. So many people worked at ST. Mungo's and it was hard to keep track of all their names. ''Hello, can I join you?'' It was only a formality as she sat down next to him. ''Busy day at work today.'' Paige muttered while chewing on her tuna and pickle sandwich. Paige looked at him and she knew he was a healer. Somehow the healers always had this healer vibe coming of them.
Call it a sixth sense or a hunch, whatever she just knew.

''You are a healer here, right?'' Paige asked mostly out of curiosity. Working at St. Mungo was so new and exciting for her. It was like a dream came true. She met Tybalt had the career fair and she seemed a really good person. All workers at St Mungo were incredible and really lovely people. ''I am Paige relatively new here.'' Paige smiled broadly, although today had been busy she still was full of energy.

Jeremy briefly glanced up as he heard the door creak, a smile before he returned his attention to an article about some socialite. The Healer had a love/hate relationship with these magazines, hating how vapid they were but gobbling it all up. "Sure" he said, finishing up the article and giving the woman who had settled in beside him his full attention. She had settled in just beside him, so it was hard to get a great look up at her, but he could see that she was young and he figured she was in some kind of training. They offered a lot of that at this hospital, the opportunity to learn on the job. "Always" he agreed, taking another bite of his turkey and avocado. Jeremy worked in the emergency area, so there really was never a dull moment.

With a nod, Jeremy replied. "Nice to meet you, Paige. I'm Jeremy." The Healer had always been a relatively quiet person, but becoming a Healer had made him a bit more outgoing. He knew it was important sometimes for families to have a nice conversation, a pleasant doctor when their family member was sick or hurt. "Are you liking it so far? Which unit do they have you covering?" he asked, continuing his lunch as he settled further into the corner so he could see her more easily as they conversed.

Her sandwich looked good and Paige took a nice healthy bite. When he told the hospital would always be so busy Paige shrugged. She knew that was what she was getting when she applied for this job, but the reality was something else. The healers would see way more things than she did. She didn't like blood or anything, she liked to talk to people. Help them get over their problems, make them forget. She didn't fix the physical problem luckily, she fainted when she saw lots of blood. Paige took another bite for her sandwich and looked at Jeremy. She was sure she had seen him once or twice before.

St. Mungo was big, so it wasn't odd that she didn't know everyone. ''Have you been working here for long Jeremy?'' Paige asked out of curiosity. She learned to be open and talk to people. She was filled with hate and anger at Hogwarts, luckily for her the hate subsided. ''Yeah, I am loving my job.'' Paige paused ''I am at every unit, I get called when they need my services.'' It was also to get her accustomed with every unit. She didn't know which unit she liked best, they all had their positives and negatives. ''Where are you stated?" Paige muttered

Jeremy nodded his head. "Yea, about 13, 14 years. I started training right out of school and once I was out of training moved to the Emergency unit and haven't left since." Some of his trainers had warned him of the difficulty in working that particular unit, and it certainly wasn't easy. But no other unit had ever felt right to him in the way that this had. Jeremy loved the sense of purpose that came in dealing with emergencies and saving lives.

Certain that he hadn't seen her around his unit, Jeremy simply nodded. It was possible, but he saw many faves every day, and it was really only his patients that he cared for. Everyone else mostly blurred together. "That's nice. Maybe I'll see you down in emergency one day."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back