Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Chante ♥
Wand
Straight 9 Inch Flexible Applewood wand with a Phoenix tail feather core
She knew not flying on a broom would have consequences, but it was stupid that flying was mandatory. It was a stupid subject with a stupid professor. Which she was following to his office with Bradley. Len had tried to stay under the radar, but flying wasn't made for goblins. It wasn't something she desired or wanted. She looked and Bradley and was happy she wasn't alone in this situation. Len didn't even know what would happen now, she didn't want to know really.

She was scared that the other professors knew she was different and a goblin. Her dad worked in the muggle world for a reason. She could only hope that this Professor wasn't some prejudiced jerk. Len was starting to panic, but tried to keep cool. Lets just wait, maybe the professor would be lenient.

Bradley had expected this to happen, he hardly thought he could get away with not flying, but he didn't really care. He just had a rather nonchalant look on his face as he made his way towards the Professors office, coming straight from the middle of the lesson after refusing to do the task. Flying was dangerous and stupid and he had no intentions of sitting on a stick of wood and trusting it not to throw him off or break from under him. He wasn't even worried about punishment for his actions, either. Probably detention or losing house points, like he cared enough about house points to be bothered by this.

Though momentarily he looked towards the short girl, someone who was here with him for the same reason, but not actually someone he knew the same of. Mostly because he had never made the effort to learn or try and remember it. "Just be cool," he told her with a grin, "What's the worst that can happen?"

Justin sighed as he walked up from the Quidditch Pitch to confront the troublemakers. He flicked his wand to open the door as he approached them, "In." He told them and he locked the door behind them all. He looked at them, "Explain to me why you think you're better than the rest of the first year class and don't need to learn how to fly safely." He asked them.

At least the Professor wasn't screaming at them. That was something at least. Len nodded at Bradley and shot a grin back. When the professor started to ask them about thinking to be better than others that was just major bs. ''I just don't want to fly ever in my life, you don't need it in real life.'' Len paused her parents never used a broom and they were both magical ''Later I can apperate and now I can take a bus, cab or car did you know those excisted?'' Len looked at her Professor flying was stupid you only needed it if you wanted to play Quidditch. Her parents didn't even have brooms at home and she had never seen a person that used a broom for transport. Usually the used it for sweeping the floors, which was the only usage a broom was good for.

Len looked at Bradley and didn't hope she said something to offend him. Maybe his parents did use brooms a lot. She was from a goblin family anyway. Her face had turned red from being angry and she was ready to state more of her defence to this idiot of a Professor. Which probably was an ex Quidditch player, since no one could be this in love with flying a wooden death stick.

Bradley just stalked into the office, folding his arms across his stood there. At least the Professor wasn't yelling at them, yet, though he could imagine that changing if they didn't give the answers he wanted. Which Bradley doubted he would, he had never been very good at telling Professors what they wanted to hear. Though, for the moment he just let the short girl go first, a small smirk twitching the corners of his mouth at her response. It was what he was thinking himself.

"Because I am never going to trust a stick of wood and want to fly ten feet up in the air on said piece of wood," he put in his own voice with a simple shrug of his shoulder, "And after this year and I am never going to fly anyway, so really it's pointless." There was just no chance that he was ever willingly going to climb onto a broom and go flying on it, there were easier ways to travel around like his Gryffindor companion had mentioned, and they all sounded a lot easier, and safer than getting around on something you should be using to clean the floors and dust cobwebs.

Justin had to stop himself from rolling his eyes, he wondered if he would ever be able to go a single year without a first year being rude to him. "I wouldn't expect you to know this since you're first years, but Apparition is probably the most dangerous form of travelling, if you splinch you can permanently injure yourself or even straight die." He said, with a sigh. "Not to mention you can't apparate over long distances whereas flying has no such limitations." He told them. "But I'll make the decision simple. You either participate in lessons, or I fail you right now and alert your Heads of Houses as well as your parents who I'm sure will not be impressed to hear you refuse to follow the rules." He told them definitively.

Now he was just completely lost. Was he supposed to know what on earth they were talking about? "What's apparation?" He did have to wonder, looking between the two. Just some other weird wizard thing he apparently wasn't in the loop about. But then they were given the ultimatum and Brad could just scoff a little, holding back the urge to roll his eyes. He could have almost laughed. "Whatever, but as I have no intentions of flying, then I guess you're going to have to fail me. Good luck trying to tell my parents, though," he did have to add. Seeing as he didn't have any, that was going to be slightly problematic. And he hardly cared very much about what his Head of House thought, either. So really, this was a rather simple decision for him.

Len had to stifle a laugh, this Professor was ridiculous. You could hardly take your broom and fly from Australia to New Zealand. There were planes for that or trains. What if Muggles saw you on your death stick, the thoughts amused her. She decided to let it go before the Professor would expel her or worse. ''Apparition is a form of teleportation, but it is indeed dangerous'' Her mother barely used it, we used portkeys and the floo powder network for various trips. Len agreed with Bradley and she wasn't going to fly either. ''I rather fail the subject than to get myself killed, sorry Professor'' Her parents would only laugh at him, especially her dad. He already thought flying wasn't made for goblins. ''Sure, I doubt they give a flying monkey about it'' No pun intended of course. She would also explain everything to her head of house. At least that professor didn't seem married to her subject. This was just an unhealthy obsession for flying is was absolutely ridiculous. With this conversation she also noticed that Bradley hadn't grow up with magic, it was odd that he didn't want to fly. Most muggleborns found the flying sensation amazing, they all dreamt of flying on brooms or with wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back