Closed Books are Better than People

Evangeline Moss

Gentle- Nervous- Sarcastic

OOC First Name
Jess S
Wand
Knotted 17 1/2 Inch Rigid Laurel Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Evie was a very quiet, bookworm sort of person. Where she struggled with people, she excelled with books. She hummed softly, under her breath, as she browsed the bookshelves. She hadn't been very successful in building a social life, but that was alright. Who needed friends when she had books? She hummed under her breath as she perused the selection the library had to offer. After spending most of her time here, there wasn't a lot she hadn't looked over. She turned a corner, almost bumping into someone that stood there. She jumped a little, blushing and smiling shyly. "Oh, I'm sorry," She spoke quietly, not wanting to be too loud in the library. "Are you alright?"

Monday Weeks had a lot of studying to do due to the amount of classwork he had. Plus, he was involved in the Brotherhood, and then there was Quidditch as well. Monday was even a prefect now. He had a lot on his plate but he was not giving up anything. That was why he was in the library, looking through some of the books on the shelves. He reached up to pull one down when he heard someone step close, and then apologize. Only then, did Monday turned his head to the girl that apologized. He still didn't know everyone in his year, but he was getting there. "No need to apologize. You didn't actually run into me." Monday shrugged his shoulders, and then asked, "Do you need a book in this area?"

Evie blushed. He was oddly cute, and that seemed to fluster her a little more than usual. She ran a hand over her braid, swallowing hard. "Oh, I'm just browsing," She offered gently. She struggled trying to think of what to say, taking a deep breath. "Do you need help finding something?" She asked, hating how soft and meek she sounded.

Monday raised an eyebrow when she blushed. Did he say something embarrassing? No, was he being too off-putting because he was still trying to learn to socialize? The prefect cocked his head to the side as she seemed to be very shy, and there was not much he could help with that at all. "I pretty much live here when I'm not in class or out on the pitch. I can find anything I need in here." Monday knew that he sounded like a grade-A overachiever for spending so much time in the library. If he kept this up, he might be the most academically successful student that ever walked the school but he might end up not knowing how to talk to people. "I'm still learning people. So, you are... Evangeline Ro-no, Moss, right? Gryffindor fifth year?" Monday almost called her Evangeline Ross. Yeah, he was nailing this ;talking to people' thing.

Evie nodded when he said that he had the place pretty figured out, and she took a small step back. Of course he did- it was silly of her to think he'd need assistance. But then he asked her her name, and she was surprised. "I- yes, Evangeline Moss," She offered. "You... you know my name?"

Last edited:
Monday wondered why she would think that it would be surprising that he would know her name. He chuckled, "I am trying very hard to remember who is in my year. Then I will work on those in my house in other years." Monday knew that he would have to learn their names eventually because he was a prefect, and that was expected, wasn't it? He assumed so. "So, what sort of things are you into, Evangeline?"

Evie bit her lip, tucking her hair back behind her ear. It might just be as part of a group, but she was just happy to be involved. At his question, she hugged her book to his chest and considered. "Hm... I like all sorts of things," She offered. "Fantasy stories, stories with princesses and heros especially," She nodded, peeking up to him. "What about you?"

Monday noticed her little movements. From her biting her lip, to her moving her hair behind her ear, and then hugging the book to her chest. Yes, she was certainly a shy one. Or nervous. Could he help with that? It wasn't like he was huge and built. He was still rather lanky, honestly. Just with blue hair. "It sounds like you like the romantic side of fantasy stories." Monday thought over what he was into. "Well, I like going for runs, Quidditch, swimming, and murdering my socialization abilities by taking every class in the school because apparently I lack sanity."

Evie nodded as he spoke. He was absolutley right- she loved the idea of a grand romance like in the stories. She listened as he told her what he liked, unable to help but laugh at his last statement. "We're all mad here," She quoted with a shy smile. "All the best people are insane." She promised him, a possibly misguided attempt to be reassuring.

Monday definitely knew where that came from. He chuckled, and decided to quote from the same book, "Curiouser and curiouser..." Monday smiled warmly and nodded, "I love that book. Cheshire Cat was my favorite character, especially in the movies." Monday forgot that was a muggle thing. "Muggle world moving pictures on a screen if you don't know."

Evie giggled, eyes lighting up as he quoted the book. "Oh, I loved the Mad Hatter!" She countered. "I know," She smiled. "There are so many interesting adaptions... they did a bit on the show Once Upon a Time, I thought that was fun. The Johnny Depp movies were really fun. And then there was Alice Return to Madness, but that was just a twisted video game," She offered, toying gently with the edge of her shirt.

Monday smiled more as she caught on to the reference that he had made. Good, she knew her stuff. And then listened to her saying more about the adaptions of the book, which was included in a muggle show, and then the ones with an long dead actor as well. "You must like muggle things, that's pretty cool. Even as a muggle-born myself, some of that I wasn't aware of. The cartoon, yeah. The other stuff, no, not yet." Monday pushed his hands into his pockets and gave her another sweet smile, "Pretty cool, honestly."

Evie's heart skipped as the boy smiled at her. She nodded. "I do, I love to read and and watch movies or shows," She offered, hugging her books against her chest again. "Do you have a favorite show or story?" She asked, before looking around. Seeing a table nearby, she motioned to it. "Do you, um, want to sit down and talk for a bit?" She asked shyly, trying to be more brave.

Monday did wonder what his favorite show or story was. He didn't really have one, honestly. He decided to tell her what he would avoid at all costs instead. "I like scary things that do not involve clowns or zombies, or clown zombies. They freak me out." Monday's boggart was one of them when he faced it in the third year. That was so horrifying, but he managed to send it away. "Sure, I think I have a few more minutes to spare before I have to go do some of my other stuff. Clubs, Quidditch, prefect patrols, and homework." Monday rolled his eyes, but he was doing his best to stick to a schedule - which worked for a few days let's be honest.

Evie nodded at what he said. "So like, ghost stories?" She asked, and started moving towards a nearby table, pleased that he'd agreed to hangout for a little bit longer. "Wow, that's a lot of stuff," She replied honestly. "How many clubs are you involved in?" She asked him, settling into a seat and putting her books down on the table. Hands folded in her lap, she turned her attention to him, giving him a shy smile. Somehow, making friends at this age wasn't quite so bad as it used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back