Blank.

Raffael Fox

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Raff stood in the North Tower, his head resting against the glass of one of the windows. His gaze rested on the sun that was setting just beyond the trees of the Forbidden Forest. The school was quiet. Most students had gone home for Christmas yet Raffael was forced to stay. He didnt have a home anymore. He sighed, his breath fogging the window faintly. He didnt even know why this had happened. Or where the heck his family had even gone. Just a simple 'I have moved on.' Raff shifted and felt the letter the back pocket of his muggle jeans. He took it everywhere. Why? He couldnt even begin to know. He couldnt even figure out what he would say back and concluded there wasnt anything he could say. It was over. But when did parenting start having an end? Raff shut his eyes and breathed out heavily. When he thought about it, his parents never really cared. Raff had simply never admitted that fact. He opened his eyes again and watched as the last speck of the sun disappeared beyond the dark trees.

Can't resist the pretty powers. xD And him being sad is rather irritating. =P

Hadan decided to stick around, not wishing to see the new additions in the family. Her new brother and sister, twins like herself. Only, she was the oldest and the last one remaining of the Sediro family. However, that family was history, and she belonged in the Zhefarovich side, but she hardly considered that a family now. When she didn't even want to go home. Chavdar would be crushed, but she didn't care. Not while he was enthralled with the babies and the woman. The librarian.

She walked up the stairs in the seemingly empty castle wearing her summer dress. It was not often she wore these garments, but sense the castle had very little students, she thought that she would just because. Hadan grinned to herself, and thought that she would send an owl out to her friend Dietrich in the owlery. She hurried and did her thing before exiting the owlery. Hadan thought that she could go to the towers and gaze outside into the night sky before leaving to go to the dungeons.

Her ruby eyes gleamed as they stared ahead. What she wasn't expecting to see was Raffael. She assumed that he had gone home. Normally, she would have turned and left the boy to sulk, but instead, she felt bad for him. Hadan took a silent breath, and approached Raffael. However, when she reached out to touch him on the shoulder, she paused and withdrew from it. Hadan murmured, "Something bothering you, Raffael?" Her voice was soft and somewhat angelic. She hoped that it would comfort him, though she had no idea what was wrong.

[ =)) Well yes, he shall feel better after Hadan cheers him up. :lol: ]

At that moment Raff heard a sweet voice, one that blurred his thoughts and made his heart do a silly jump. He turned and noticed- "Hadan." He said in a way of greeting. At her question Raff turned his eyes back to the window. "I guess so." He admitted, not having the ability to lie, especially not to Hadan. Wondering whether he should just say it, tell Hadan and get it out so he could get over it, but he wondered if he had the ability to, or if Hadan even wanted to know. He had been sulking for about a week now. He should really just let it go. But there was the fact that he was forced to leave Beauxbatons because of his parents, he was forced to leave France because of them. He was forced to do so many things in his life, just to have them admit they have never cared. It wasnt exactly what you would call fair. Raff looked over at Hadan again and gave her a small smile, just her being next to him made him feel better, although that was something he couldnt really explain.

He'd better. :glare: :p

The weird feeling came over her again, as he said her name. She couldn't explain the feeling, but it was comforting all the same. Her gaze went to the ground, and back up at him. There was something terribly wrong. And the fact that she believed that he wouldn't lie about it, she assumed that he would have denied it. However, she was shocked that he confirmed that there was something wrong. Hadan frowned slightly, and she had to know what was bothering him, for it was affecting her as well. She murmured, "Would you like to tell me what is going on? Maybe I can help in some way." If a sibling or parent has died, she could most definitely help with that. She placed a hand on his shoulder, attempting to comfort. The Slytherin knew nothing about helping someone, even in pain. But here she was, as if she knew how to do the very thing that never happened to her when she needed it most.

Raff considered her question. In truth Hadan would probably be the one person he could trust to talk about this situation with. And he found himself wanting to tell her. Her kindness was comforting and maybe letting Hadan know would allow Raff to feel better in the long run. He opened his mouth, but closed it again soon after, not able to find words to explain his situation to her. Instead he reached in his back pocket and pulled out the letter. It was crumpled after being carried around and read many times over. He passed it to Hadan without another word, that letter explained everything clearly and Raff felt no nervousness or unease at the fact that Hadan had the choice to read it.

Hadan wondered what could be so wrong that even put the Ravenclaw boy speechless. With the hand that was upon his shoulder, she took the letter and opened it. To her dismay, she read it, and narrowed her eyes. Hadan murmured, "This is just horrid of them... Leaving you to live on your own. I know what it is like to lose a father due to abandonment. But not both." Hadan handed the letter back, waiting for him to take it back. She remembered when she had to live on her own, but she didn't have a Gringotts account, or anything. If it wasn't for Chavdar, Merlin knew what could have happened to her, and the curse would have taken her. "Let it out, or else you will go mad. Believe me, I would know." Hadan spoke of experience, and didn't hide it in her eyes like she would a normal person that meant nothing to her.

Raff kept his eyes on Hadan as she read, almost thankful that she did. Raffael was startled to hear Hadan say her Father left her. It turns out they really did have a lot more in common than they both understood. He accepted the letter and placed it back in his pocket automatically. "Ill survive." He said softly as he did so, his eyes flicking to the sky that was getting darker by the minute.

When Hadan spoke again Raff instantly allowed his gaze to fall on her once more. He ran a hand through his hair, her words more comforting than she probably realised. The fact that she was willing to listen to this even after she had been through it herself meant enough. Raff found himself spilling everything. He told her how unfair he thought the situation was, how his parents always fought about Raff, how they claimed he was a mistake, the way his parents had always pushed him to do his best in school and in doing so thought that was love. "I know I shouldnt care this much, but it's hard to just ignore it." He finished looking at Hadan with a mixture of relief and frustration in his eyes. It felt good to get it all out, just like Hadan had said it would. He hoped that now it was out of his system, he could reflect on it better and in turn get over it faster.

"Thanks." He said softly. "For just listening." He reasoned, it was a good enough excuse to say thankyou afterall.

Hadan's eyes trailed to the sky for a moment, and went back to the Ravenclaw. The Slytherin girl adjusted her position while standing, her dress flowing slightly as she did so. She fell silent, and listened to everything. Everything he had gone through with his parents. It aggravated her, that such people would do that to their children. Or rather only child. Hadan said, "They twisted your mind, to think that was love. That's just...wrong. But in any case, don't ignore it. Facing it will do a lot better. Coming to terms and allowing yourself to heal. It'll take time, but it is all worth it in the long run. There is a difference between you and me. I didn't face my past until just last summer, and the horrid events happened in a time period of four years ago and last year."

Her smile was warm, even though she had been through hell and back. And she was determined to not allow Raffael to go down that road. Though she didn't think that he had seen death, or seen it in person as a metaphor, but she had never been abandoned by both parents. One was hard enough, but both? She didn't know which would hurt worse, being abandoned or having them pass away. It was almost impossible to compare the two. Hadan grinned, "It's always a pleasure to listen to you, during the good times and bad. I just hope that everything will turn out all right for you sooner rather than later."

Hadan's words alone seemed enough to soothe Raffael for the time being. He listened to her advice and he didnt think he could express how greatful he was for her trying to make sure he didnt make the same mistakes she did. She was right though, he needed to face this and get over it. He could live without his parents and although he knew he wouldnt be able to forget them very quickly, he was fairly sure that in time he would get there.

Raff turned around so he was fully facing the Slytherin beauty, allowing the dark window to fade from his view. He gave her a small smile, which still counted for something given that he didnt think he could manage anything too bright at the moment. He then enveloped Hadan in a hug, "Thanks. I hope so too." He said again in an almost whisper. He felt so vulnerable and albiet a bit stupid for coming across that way, but he could trust Hadan and hopefully he would be back to himself in no time.

A little bit of her hair fell into the brunette’s face, so she moved it away. She was glad that she could help out someone, someone that did mean something to her. That alone was a big deal because normally, she cared for no one really. Her smile brightened when he gave her one of his own. Though small, it was still something for someone in this sort of situation. Everything seemed like it would be okay now. At least, Hadan was buoyant that it would be.

However, she was shocked when he gave her a hug. The Slytherin barely made physical contact with anyone (aside from the Yule Ball dancing), let alone hugged someone since her twin had died. Hadan’s body tensed up slightly, but instead of pushing away, she returned the hug as well. Her head rested upon his chest, and she smiled to herself. She gazed up at him, and she smirked, “You better be okay, Raffael. I don’t want you to dwell on poignant thoughts ceaselessly.”

Raff pulled away from the hug with a small greatful smile. "Ill try not to." He admitted and hoped he could keep his word. He knew that he was going to try at the very least. This sucked, yes, but Hadan was correct in saying that there was no point sulking about it for ages. Raffael let his gaze sweep out the window. There was now no sign of light outside, exept for a few lanterns placed around the grounds. He faintly heard his stomach growl and then looked back at Hadan. He gave her a crooked grin, she was the perfect distraction to keep his thoughts of his parents. "Have you had dinner yet?" He asked deciding he might get something to eat and would go down with Hadan if she hadnt herself.

Hadan grinned up at him, somewhat disappointed and relieved that the hug was over. I must get used to this physical contact stuff... Hadan informed her mind and body. She was not used to the crush thing either. Everything was foreign to her, and she did not approve of it at all, but at the same time, enjoyed it nonetheless. It was an adventure for her every day, not knowing what will happen next. However, the Slytherin feared of being hurt, something that came into her life quite often. One had to be cautious. Hadan answered softly, "I have already. But I wouldn't mind a glass of pumpkin juice, if you want to go down to the Great Hall... However, which table would we sit at?" She laughed softly, making sure that is wasn't a giggle. Hadan had to remind herself to act her age, if not older.

Raffael couldnt help but feel slightly disappointed at her answer and was willing to go hungry just to spend more time with Hadan. However he didnt need to worry because Hadan finished her sentence. He smiled at her question. "I dont mind the Slytherin table." He admitted truthfully. He didnt care as long as he could sit with Hadan. Wow, he really was crushing on this girl. He never expected to like anyone while at Hogwarts. He always had some crazy plan that he would go back to Beauxbatons soon so there was no point of settling down here.

Pushing all his thoughts aside, Raff didnt care. He loved Hadan's company and it looked like he was going to be in New Zealand for a while. He boldly reached for Hadan's hand and gently tugged as he began to walk to the stairs. His head still throbbed a little from his previous sulking, but he felt alot better than he had before. He made a note to stay around Hadan more. Her company with enough to make him feel better.

Hadan pushed her hair out of her face, and she grinned. "If anyone says anything, I guess a simple glare would shut them up. I can give really mean looks." A thought ran in her head, she must care an awful lot for this Ravenclaw to go as far as protecting him even from verbal insults. She dismissed the thought, though it was a nightmare because it kept on returning. But the Slytherin girl paid no mind to it. She was laid back, easy to adapt to her surroundings, and overall caring. However, she would not come around a broomstick anymore. Probably one of her greatest fears, flying and or Quidditch. Hadan felt his hand in hers, and she flushed a light tone of pink. Hadan smiled graciously, to hide her blushing, as she walked with Raffael to the stairs. She made a mental note to increase her time around him, first, to make sure that he gets over his stupid parents, and second, because she just enjoyed him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back