Bitter Sweet Symphony

Lucinda Dalton

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Eucalyptus Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Mermaid Scale
Sitting in the windowsill in the North Tower, Lucy looked over the expanse of grounds, lake, forest, mountains, cliffs, ocean...the beautiful view laid out in front of her. Out to the west, the sun was starting to dip and the sky was becoming a beautiful shade of orange. It was rare that orange could be called beautiful, but when it came to a sunset it really was. Sighing, Lucy dangled one arm over the edge, her eyes, barely blinking, scanning the scene in front of her. As the breeze moved through her blonde locks, she sighed once again. Lucy was still terribly confused about Hogwarts. She didn't even know whether she liked it or she didn't. She liked to fly, she liked some of the people there - and with that, Landon immediately came to mind, causing Lucy to redden slightly. She didn't quite know what it was that she felt about Landon, but it was a feeling she mostly liked. The only thing she didn't like about it was that she didn't know what it was.
But Lucy disliked a lot about Hogwarts, too. That Transfiguration lesson had disgusted her. Changing people in to animals...or inanimate objects? Lucy was nearly sick at the thought of that. Defence Against the Dark Arts, jinxing people - again, Lucy wasn't keen on that at all. She liked potions, for the idea of being able to cure things. But really, the only subject she really loved was History of Magic, and she didn't even have it this term.
Not only that, but she barely knew anyone. She didn't really have any Ravenclaw friends. The only friends she had were her neighbours, Violet and Angus, and Landon. Heaving another great sigh, Lucy stretched her legs out and looked down at her hands. She hated not knowing, but right now, Lucy had no idea what to think.

Charlie had never really known what to expect when coming to this school. He had never expected to feel the happiest he had in his life. That concept had never even began to enter his mind. He had hated the school and everything about it. Everything in it and everything it associated with. He had never imagined he would meet Carmen, someone who genuinely cared about him. He had never imagined that he would fall for her. It just felt like it had happened so fast and now he didn't despise the school nearly as much as he used to.

He walked with a spring in his step and he no longer moped around feeling sorry for himself. He walked up to the North Tower. A place he didn't remember visiting if he had at all. The sun was setting and it was a beautiful day, so why not catch the view at such a nice hour? Reaching the top, he noticed someone already there. Charlie felt like he recognised her. Instead of backing away and bolting for the Slytherin common room, which he would have done not too long ago, he approached the girl and turned his head to recognise Lucy. She was one of the first people he had spoken to. She had shared his dislike for the school at the time. He found himself grinning at the memory, but felt it a shame he hadn't spoken to her at all since that day. "Hey, Lucy right?" He said, his English accent coming through as he stood next to her.

Her pale blue eyes looking troubled, Lucy focused on the Quidditch Pitch, a little confused as to why she had even considered putting her name down. Last year, she had hated the idea of flying. This year, flying was one of the rare joys in her schooling. Being able to take flight, take to the skies and soar, feeling the wind through her hair...it was something spectacular. She'd have to go flying with Landon sometime.

Hearing her name, Lucy turned and paused for a second, before smiling in recognition. "Oh, hey, Charlie!" He looked much more cheerful than he had when they first met. He had hated Hogwarts as much as she did. Maybe he liked it more now. Lucy liked it a little more now, but she still wasn't convinced on the Hogwarts front. Half of her wished she could be an ordinary girl, at an ordinary high school. But she couldn't be, she was stuck with that, and that was all. "I haven't seen you in such a long time, how are you?"

Charlie grinned at her when she remembered who he was. It was a good feeling knowing that somebody knew his name and didn't forget it even though they hadn't seen him, as Lucy said, in such a long time. "I'm good actually. The school isn't as horrible as I previous thought. Well okay, classes are, but apart from them. How have you been? Still hating school?" He said with a chuckle, wondering when it got so easy to talk to people like he was doing.

[Omfg. So lame. :doh: :lawlz: ]

Merlina had three different letters to post and all for her cousin who couldn't go up to the Owlery herself. She took her time doing this but noticed while up so high what a stunning view from so high with the weather being the way it was. She never usually stopped to smell the roses but today she seemed to have all the time in the world. Since her return to school she had seen Ryuu only briefly and that had only been in passing. She had kept herself apart from her other classmates not feeling ready to be told to get lost that they simply didn't want her as a friend or anything but as she ran up the steps of the North Tower to enjoy the breathtaking view she saw two others from her year and one of which was actually in her house.

"Hello" her Italian accent was strong but with her smile she hoped she didn't appear goofy in anyway.
"I came up to see the sunset, it is very pretty from here".

Lucy couldn't help but smile at Charlie's words. "I'm glad you ah-are enjoying yourself more," she said, with a kind smile. "School is...er...okay, I suppose," she said, with a shrug. "I still don't like it that much, but I-I guess it's not as bad as I first thought," she admitted. Whenever she talked to people she didn't know very well, in social situations, she tended to have a slight stammer. It never played up around Landon, or Violet and Angus, but around nearly everyone else, she tended to stammer. It was horrible, she was supposed to be a public speaker, and yet she couldn't have casual conversations.
Truning around when she heard another voice, Lucy gave a shy smile to the girl, who she recognised from classes and the common room, but of course hadn't really spoken to before. Lucy rarely ever even spoke.
"Uh, um, hi," she said, attempting to be cheerful but her shyness getting the better of her. "Ih-it's Merlina, right? And yes, the sunset is...is really pretty he-here."

It felt good to be recognized knowing that she had secluded herself for the most part since she got to the school.
"Yes, it is Merlina. Lucinda? Lucy?" she smiled at the boy but for the life of her could not remember his name or whether she had ever known it.
"Hello. Am I interrupting? I can leave again always".
There was nothing worse than being a third wheel anywhere and she really didn't want to be that here, she let her gaze fall to the window facing the most beautiful sunset and smiling walked over to look out at it.

Charlie gave Lucy another lopsided grin before he heard another voice. He froze up a little, his casual attitude towards Lucy fading a little in the company of someone he hadn't spoken to ever before, but not by much. He surprised himself a lot lately, he blamed Carmen for the change in his character. He turned towards the other girl, "Hi. No your okay." He said when the girl offered to leave. The conversation hadn't really gotten anywhere between him and Lucy before the new girl who he now knew as Merlina arrived.
"I'm Charlie, by the way." He said with a shrug of one shoulder, beginning to take on an awkward feeling. It had been quite a while since he had spoken to someone new. Kaleb was the last new person that had come into his life and wasn't that just a regretful situation in itself?

Merlina turned and smiled at the boy, she recognised him now from some of the Slytherin classes the Ravenclaws shared with them.
"Hello Charlie, nice to officially meet you... both" she grinned at Lucy as well.
"How are you both finding the school this year? Any better than last year?" she herself had found it somewhat difficult in first year, learning to curb her words and how she spoke was difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back