Bitter feelings

Athene Perthro

Athene punched the stone wall and let out a string of curses that resounded in the corridor. Her fist instantly began to sting, and a drop of blood fell to the floor. She cursed again, this time more loudly.

Stupid Drage, Athene thought, massaging her knuckles. What the hell does she know? She and her stupid Prefects badge... She laughed bitterly, and took a deep breath. Why was she letting Drage get to her? This was what she wanted - To make Athene miserable. And yet, Athene couldn't help but be upset, because she knew that everything - no, most things - that Estrella had said were true.

"Argh! fu@king Drage!" She cursed again, her wand in her left hand in her pocket. God, how she wanted to break something. Or someone.
<i></i>

Professor Lloyd had been enjoying his afternoon walk around the castle, relieved that exams were over, when he heard someone swearing voraciously. He turned the corner to see a young Slytherin girl, a first year, perhaps, appearing as if she were about to explode. Keeping his hands in his pockets, he strolled up to her, and inquired calmly, "Is there a problem, Miss? I don't believe I know your name." The girl's fist appeared to be bleeding, and he could have just been hearing things, but he thought that he heard the name of one of the fourth year students included in her curses. He approached her tentatively and cautiously, not wanting to upset her any more than she already was.

Athene hadn't seen the professor, nor heard him, as he approached. His words startled her, and she snapped her head up. Her cheeks were flushed and her black hair, which was tied up in a pair of plaits, a lot messier than it had been a few hours ago. She looked somewhat wild, and realized this when she saw the tentative look on the teachers face.

Composing herself quickly, she replied, "No, sir. Everything is fine." Her voice was a little colder than she intended, and she tried to make up for this by saying in a more casual tone. "Athene - Although I don't believe I've ever taken any of your lessons."
<i></i>

Professor Lloyd had already determined that something was up, although he was not going to press further if she did not wish for help. "I am Gabriel Lloyd, Charms Professor," he replied, "I've been here for half a year, although as I take it you are a first year Slytherin, I would indeed have not had you in any of my classes." He refrained to put a smile on his face, never having been a sunshine and rainbows type of person.

((OoC: Sorry, I completely forgot about this thread.))

Athene nodded, and fidgeted a little. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir, and I look forward to our lessons next year, but, if it's all the same to you, can I go please? Only, I have something I want to do." ie, find Estrella and beat the sh- curse her.
<i></i>

"Is there an issue?" he inquired, "Now, I may be wrong, but I believe you earlier mentioned the name of another student." Not that he cared entirely, but he was still interested to know, and he had nothing else to do, anyways.

((Beat the sh1t out of her? I think you'd have the fight there. =)) ))

"No. No issue, Professor." Athene forced a smile, but couldn't help it coming out as more of a smirk. "Just looking for a friend, is all."
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back