Back to her roots.

Megan Vine

Megan was sitting with an exceptionally large book on the desk infront of her. She had been here all morning and had gotten around quarter of the way through the book.

The small ravenclaw girl had woken up feeling slightly overwhelmed by her sociolizing and decided to stay in the library today. If she met someone here, great, if not, even better. She was trying so hard to make friends and she was slowly succeeding but she wasn't sure how she felt about having more people know her.

Magan sat and read, she was in her element here, completely oblivious to anything going on. The whole castle could blow up and she wouldn't notice unless her book got damaged.

(sorry lame)

Imogen woke up with a need to read. She got dressed and began to make her way to the library as she'd run out of books. Immy was glad to arrive at the library. She began to look through the books looking for something to read that was also to do with History. Immy continued to look and she then saw, Megin she'd met once and hadn't gotten along muchh. Immy picked up a book and opened it to the first page. An older student brushed past her, making her drop the book to the ground. Immy blushed and bent down to pick it up hoping no one had seen her drop it.

((Lame too))

Megan was turning the page of her book when she heard a soft thud, she had been reading for a while so decided to see what it was. When she looked up she saw the girl who had argued with her down at the lake when she was with Alfie and all the other people.
Megan decided that, as part of her project to change, she would go and see the girl. Maybe this time they would get along. The small ravenclaw bookmarked her place and timidly walked over to the Gryffendor. "Imogen but your friends call you Immy?" SHe was trying to remember the girls name, she normally got it right but she had met a few people since then so wasn't sure.

Imogen looked up and said her name. Immy picked up the book and stood to full height. The girl in front of her was one she had not really gotten along with. Immy felt bad for it and saw this as a chance to make it up to the girl. Imogen nodded, remembering the girls name.

"Yeah, and you're Megan right?" Immy said with a friendly and polite smile.

Megan nodded, she thought maybe this would work if she apologised for them not getting along but she wasn't quite sure what to apologise for. "Umm, sorry for... Arguing over the factiod?" She used the word Immy had but the apology came out more as a question than a sincere apology.

Imogen shook her head. It wasn't for the girl to apologize. It was for Immy to apologize, the girl had been nervous and Imogen hadn't been too kind to her. Immy smiled politely at Megan.

"Theres no need to apologize. You did nothing wrong. I should apologize. I'm sorry for how I acted when we met." Imogen said holding her hand our to the girl and adding "Clean slate?"

Megan wasn't sure what to do so she just shook the girls hand. "What do you mean by clean slate?" She knew what a clean slate was but she didn't understand how cleaning a type of rock would help in this situation.

(She isn't the best social person in the world :p )

Imogen just smiled. She was a little annoyed that the girl didn't know what a clean slate was in the way she meant it but Immy would see past it to try her hardest to get along with the girl.

"Start again, forget past meetings and just start again." Imogen said. "So, we shake hands and start again." Imogen said with a smile.

"Hi, I'm Imogen, my friends call me Immy. It's nice to meet you."

Megan understood now. "Oh, okay. Hi, I'm Megan." She smiled at Immy. "It's nice to meet you." She couldn't help the corners of her mouth rising into a smile. She found this terribly funny.

Imogen smiled at the girl, Megan back. She couldn't help but find this a little weird and not something that would happen often or had happened to Imogen before. She looked over the girls shoulder and noticed the large book she guessed the girl had been reading.

"What are you reading?" Imogen asked.

Megan looked at the book and blushed a bit, "It's a book of every fairytale there is, in all counrtied but converted to english." Megan was trying to relax by reading and meybe learn a bit aswell. Fairytales were supposedly based on something real so she felt they might be interesting.

Imogen couldn't help but be interested by the book Megan was describing. It sounded really interesting and cool. Immy looked to Megan with a smile.

"Can I see it? It sounds really cool." Immy said with a smile.

Megan nodded and moved the book over so it was facing Immy. She had been reading the story of Snow White and had gotten to the part where the henchman had been told to cut her heart out. "It's quite an interesting story."

Imogen giggled to herself. She had never heard that version of the story. Of course, Immy would know the nicer, Disney version of the story. Much better for the young one.

"I have never read that version before. Seems bloody." Imogen said. "But of course all fairytales aren't like the nice ones you tell children nowadays. Are you enjoying Reading them?"

Megan nodded, she ha discovered she prefered reading the bloody books than the nice ones. "I find it quite interesting to compare them to the muggles version."

Imogen read a little of the book, before nodding. They did compare. She was pretty interested in this book. It seemed to be very interesting. Imogen smiled.

"Where did you find it?" Imogen asked.

Megan pointed to a desk at the back of the library. "It was just lying open at the back and I htought it might make for an interesting read. I thought correctly." She smiled, it seemed that being friendly with someone was getting easier, she wasn't anywhere near as nervous anymore.

Imogen nodded again. Megan had been right, the book did seem very interesting. Immy continued to look at the book, wondering what other books like this one existed in the library.

"You did think right." Imogen said "there must be loads of books just like this one just lying around. I think you'd have to spend at least a week to find all of them"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back